ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is the best sequel better than the first
Rasputin 11:39 AM 12-22-2019
Change my mind.

What others movie sequels is better than the first?
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:44 AM 12-22-2019
Half of Temple of Doom is good. I seem to remember reading an interview with Spielberg where he said that he was initially surprised by how dark the movie was so he went back and shot some funnier scenes to lighten the mood. Unfortunately, those funny scenes usually consist of Kate Capshaw screaming like a banshee.
[Reply]
notorious 11:46 AM 12-22-2019
Kate Capshaw takes it below 1 and 3.

4 doesn't exist in my world.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:50 AM 12-22-2019
There's just no way Temple of Doom is better than Raiders. Come on now.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:50 AM 12-22-2019
Aliens is better than Alien, and that's saying something.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:53 AM 12-22-2019
John Wick 2 is at least on a par with the first. Third, not so much.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:56 AM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
There's just no way Temple of Doom is better than Raiders. Come on now.
Probably just because I'm watching it for idk how long ago it was but I saw ToD before I saw Raiders so I think that's why I like it better also but I can't disagree with you .
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:58 AM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Have not seen any of these nor Matrix just a few sequences .
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:01 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I think it's close. I really like the cast in the original.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:01 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Have not seen any of these nor Matrix just a few sequences .
The sequels for The Matrix are most definitely NOT better than the original (although the highway scene in Reloaded is freaking amazing). You should watch the original, it's fantastic.

John Wick is a fun trilogy as well. Just popcorn violence on a ridiculous level, lol.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:05 PM 12-22-2019
Terminator 2 is better than Terminator.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:15 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Terminator 2 is better than Terminator.

This is true.

It's just so many movies fail after the originals hard for movies to live up to or exceed. And that goes for reboots why bother?
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:17 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The sequels for The Matrix are most definitely NOT better than the original (although the highway scene in Reloaded is freaking amazing). You should watch the original, it's fantastic.

John Wick is a fun trilogy as well. Just popcorn violence on a ridiculous level, lol.
I have a hard time bringing myself to watch Keanu Reeves movies although i really liked Point Break.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:12 PM 12-22-2019
While Raiders of the Lost Ark was the pacesetter and a fantastic film, The Last Crusade is my favorite due to the casting and overall story arc.

Sean Connery as Henry Jones, Sr.? Maybe the best casting of all time, IMO, and such a delight in that role.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:19 PM 12-22-2019
Temple of Doom was far and away the worst Indiana Jones movie until Kingdom of the Crystal Skull asked it to hold its beer.

Empire Strikes Back is better than A New Hope.

Then there's Godfather and Godfather 2. Not sure I'd say one is better than the other.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up