ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 172
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:49 AM 02-24-2020
The world needs a Geralt -v- Mike epic 'Hmmm'-off.
[Reply]
notorious 11:01 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
So u think the cab driver is some sort of law enforcement?

I got the idea he really was just a cab driver. Can't figure out what Jimmy was referring to when he said, "I change my mind I'm gonna take care of it."
Their body language gave it away for me. Dude standing back was tough guy, happy guy was just letting Saul know he was there.

They’ve probably been following him for a while.
[Reply]
sedated 11:11 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Their body language gave it away for me. Dude standing back was tough guy, happy guy was just letting Saul know he was there.

They’ve probably been following him for a while.
It was subtle (or my imagination) but when Saul/Gene was eating his sandwich and it showed those guys in the background, it seemed more like "there he is!" than "hey I think I recognize that guy". Also, how would they have recognized him from the back of his head?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:36 AM 02-24-2020
That was the taxi driver that took him home from the hospital.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 11:38 AM 02-24-2020
Right, the guy who came up to him at the bench was the cab driver from the season before along with his friend. They could be bounty hunters or undercover cops but either of those would have put the cuffs on him right then and there and hauled him in. I think more likely they're just regular Joe's who figured out who he is and that he's wanted and they may begin to kick around the idea of blackmailing him. Jimmy will beat them to the punch and offer to pay them off before it ever comes to that.
[Reply]
notorious 11:54 AM 02-24-2020
Right, the guy who came up to him at the bench was the cab driver from the season before along with his friend. They could be bounty hunters or undercover cops but either of those would have put the cuffs on him right then and there and hauled him in. I think more likely they're just regular Joe's who figured out who he is and that he's wanted and they may begin to kick around the idea of blackmailing him. Jimmy will beat them to the punch and offer to pay them off before it ever comes to that.
Ahhh, 17 month break strikes again. Thanks
[Reply]
stumppy 12:15 PM 02-24-2020
I can't see him doing that. During the phone call, when he said he'd fix it himself,you can see him flip from the nervous and scared Cinnabun manager back to SG. I think he's either going to scare the shit out of the cab driver, put him in the hospital, or kill him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:27 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I can't see him doing that. During the phone call, when he said he'd fix it himself,you can see him flip from the nervous and scared Cinnabun manager back to SG. I think he's either going to scare the shit out of the cab driver, put him in the hospital, or kill him.
I think he's done with Gene. They made a point of showing the mundanity of his new life. He's done hiding, IMO. He's ready to bring back his Saul (or a Saul-like) persona.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:25 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think he's done with Gene. They made a point of showing the mundanity of his new life. He's done hiding, IMO. He's ready to bring back his Saul (or a Saul-like) persona.
I wouldn't be surprised.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:52 PM 02-24-2020
So u think the cab driver is some sort of law enforcement?

I got the idea he really was just a cab driver. Can't figure out what Jimmy was referring to when he said, "I change my mind I'm gonna take care of it."
I think he's JAG, but I think Jimmy is Crazy and may try to off him...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:43 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Almost reminiscent of Walt hanging up on the cops after he went into hiding.
[Reply]
sedated 07:29 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Feel like it's only a matter of time that the new Salamanca guy is dead.
Considering he's not in BB, and after the twins are killed Gus tells Hector, "the Salamanca name dies with you", that's a pretty safe bet, lol
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:09 PM 02-24-2020
Guess we're getting close to intersecting timelines. Only a matter of time before Lalo goes after Jimmy because of "Ignacio"
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:11 PM 02-24-2020
Jimmy is going to cue Mike/Gus on Lalo and try to blame it on Nacho right?
[Reply]
eDave 11:04 PM 02-24-2020
LOL @ that open.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 172
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Up