ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Media Center>Star Wars post Skywalker
keg in kc 04:29 PM 01-05-2020
Project Luminous? Rumored to be Star Wars pre Skywalker era, but rather than Old Republic era it will be so-called High Republic, about 400 years before the Battle of Yavin (which means Yoda is alive...) and it may start with a video game next year before branching out into print, TV and eventually film. Basically sounds like, instead of doing trilogies, they're going to try to go the route of the MCU.

Couple different sources initially out with leaks about this yesterday, and it's starting to spread wider today.

https://makingstarwars.net/2020/01/t...-republic-era/
https://ziro.hu/english/exclusive-pr...-of-star-wars/
https://www.slashfilm.com/the-future...ct-luminosity/

If this is real it should be announced by Disney in the next few weeks. We shall see.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:10 PM 02-25-2020
If “what scares the Jedi” is Palpatine, I’m out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's all real!
Books and comics. No TV series or films at this point.

With Iger stepping down as CEO of Disney, I'd say that Lucasfilm, especially KK, are in a real pickle.

I hope I'm wrong but this new era sounds boring. No Jedi vs. Sith? Just Jedi vs. "Punk Rock Vikings"?

Meh.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:53 PM 02-25-2020
Books and comics was how the leaks said it would start, with a video game following.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:19 PM 02-25-2020
If we're going BACKWARDS in time with Star Wars, show this (show LOTS of this) either in books, comics or animation. Make this era canonical as possible -

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:24 PM 02-25-2020
Books and comics was how the leaks said it would start, with a video game following.
They're definitely playing the Long Game and it'll be interesting to see if and how many Star Wars fans buy into this premise.

I read most of the old EU books, which were definitely hit and miss, but felt compelled to do so because of the OT characters.

I had zero interest in the Young Jedi/Yuuzhan Vong era and never read even a single line from any books or comics relating to that time period.

As of today, I feel the same about this new era, set 200 years before the OT. It just sounds lame, almost like a Green Lantern ripoff.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:28 PM 02-25-2020
I was the same with the old EU. I'll see how the reviews go on the new books. Although a good video game could get me on board.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:33 PM 02-25-2020
I was the same with the old EU. I'll see how the reviews go on the new books. Although a good video game could get me on board.
I'm not really a gamer but a good animated series would interest me.

Clone Wars Season 7 is a huge leap in animation over their previous series, and that's coming from someone who loved the look of Seasons 1-6 of The Clone Wars and Rebels. The colors and depth of field are just mindblowing.

I just hope Lucasfilm allows this era to grow organically. Not everything automatically requires a film trilogy or Live Action TV series.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:29 PM 02-26-2020
Meh, I'm done now. It's like the new Era of baseball cards. I could care less about the new ones. Too glitzy. Too perfect. I'll stick with 70s baseball cards.
[Reply]
LuchyGames 06:09 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I didn't say it was just about the movies (and I don't know why you put 'just' in quotes like you were quoting me, but whatever). All of those things are valid and are important, but the movies are still the most important piece. That may change someday, but it hasn't yet.

This doesn't respond to the question it's in reply to, and is mostly just filler information I never disagreed with.

Yes, like I said, I know why The Clone Wars was cancelled.

Solo made $213 million domestically, and the average movie ticket price in 2018 was about $9, which means about 23.5 million people saw Solo in the theater. And that's not counting international and streaming, where, according to you, it's done very well. I don't know how many people watched The Clone Wars, but if it was 23.5 million it would have been the #1 show on TV by a mile. Or to put it another way, do you think there's anyone who watched Clone Wars and didn't see Solo? And before you try to add the all the episodes together, that's not more people, it's the same people watching multiple times. Which goes to my point, TV can cater to the hardcores in a way that a movie can't. It doesn't have to cast as wide of a net.

I didn't say anyone was fretting. What I was saying was, the fact they've made their money back doesn't mean they're content to stop making theatrical Star Wars movies.

I mean, Bob Iger admitted that attendance was below expectations, but I guess if you waited in line he must be mistaken.

For you. That was a link to a post you made after TLJ came out insisting that TLJ's performance was disastrous for Disney.
IF the Boxoffice Mojo numbers are correct, today is the day where domestic box for IX fell to more than $100m less than VIII on a same-day box office count.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:47 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by LuchyGames:
IF the Boxoffice Mojo numbers are correct, today is the day where domestic box for IX fell to more than $100m less than VIII on a same-day box office count.
It's also $15m behind Rogue One, and falling further behind each day.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up