ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>See the Cheap Shot!??
Color Red 04:03 PM 01-21-2020
This ranks up there with the Ben Davidson cheap shot on Len Dawson so long ago.

Look again at Mahomes' Tight Rope Sideline Run from the Titans game. Watch #90 for the Titans, an interior lineman trailing the play until Patrick scored the touchdown. Then watch what #90 does. Tell me what you think.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:00 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That's not a cheap shot. That's a very large man whose reaction times are delayed by his mass.
^this^

I don't see it...
[Reply]
R Clark 06:52 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Pat was still crossing the goal line and 90 sort of half tackled and fell on Patty’s legs... . don’t think the intent to injure was there.... Relax.. he’s fine.. we’re going to the SB..
My ass still crossing. He was passed it and laying down. That said he’s like a running back so don’t think it could be flagged
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:56 PM 01-21-2020
He was gassed and looking for a place to flop. The fact that it ended up being on Mahomes's knees was just a coincidence imo.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:00 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I don't see it. This is a cheap shot.. Also, note any Burfict hit

via Gfycat

Holy Fucking Hell. I forgot about that play. Fucking Cheatriot.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:06 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Holy ****ing Hell. I forgot about that play. ****ing Cheatriot.
I'd never seen that angle before. Viewed there, that's perhaps the worst cheap shot I've ever seen outside Ben Davidson and Bill Romanowski. Maybe worse since he had that big club on his arm.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:09 PM 01-21-2020
Gronking out.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:09 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'd never seen that angle before. Viewed there, that's perhaps the worst cheap shot I've ever seen outside Ben Davidson and Bill Romanowski. Maybe worse since he had that big club on his arm.
Really? I remember this game. I remember yelling at my buddy who was a Patriot fan that Gronk should be ejected. He didn't argue with me about it either.
[Reply]
cwhocares 12:07 PM 01-22-2020
It's close. I think that the lineman was hoping to knock Mahomes sideways and keep him out of the end zone but, borderline flag. Since Mahomes was a "runner" the defenders are given a lot more latitude when hitting them.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:10 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Color Red:

Look again at Mahomes' Tight Rope Sideline Run from the Titans game. Watch #90 for the Titans, an interior lineman trailing the play until Patrick scored the touchdown. Then watch what #90 does. Tell me what you think.
Dude, it's obvious you never played the game. That's no cheap shot.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:11 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Holy ****ing Hell. I forgot about that play. ****ing Cheatriot.
he would be kicked out of the game with today's rules.
[Reply]
Shaid 12:20 PM 01-22-2020
Seemed a bit cheap to me as he put his weight of his ass down on that knee. I had seem a different angle where it looked a little worse. But it's basically like a lineman who flops on top of a qb to bring their weight down on them. They try to get enough hits on them during the game. That was at the end of a long run and part of the process of a tackle. So hard to really call it too cheap. He was just getting a hit on a badass player who was going to keep him out of a Superbowl.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:40 PM 01-22-2020
I agree with the premise of the OP. Any sort of contact with Mahomes is cheap and should be penalized.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:25 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Didn’t see any cheap shot at all. He’s just slower than the guy he was trying to tackle.
Nah, he definitely slammed down on his legs.

Pat better learn to slide these next 2 weeks. The defense won't ole for this game.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:41 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by baitism:
What most people didn't see is the bar was jarred out for a split second.
Huh? It was replayed like 17 times.
[Reply]
Color Red 01:45 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Color Red:

I don't think the hit is illegal. It is probably the most strategic thing at that point, to down the legs in case the ball hasn't crossed the plane of endzone for a touchdown. But that is a 300 pound man diving on the vulnerable legs of our quarterback, who had a dislocated knee cap this year on a quarterback sneak. Patrick is unable to avoid this hit and he is exposed to it. It's a cheap shot.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up