ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 31
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:57 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by TRR:
I will lower my expectations greatly in Mahomes first season. History just isn’t on his side. I expect ups and downs, rocky play at times, frustrating interceptions (10+), and a few glimpses/games of sheer brilliance by the end of the season. The best thing for Mahomes is to get a healthy Ware back and lean on the combo of Hunt and Ware early. Sprinkle in a few of Mahomes favorite Texas Tech play calls ala Texans/Watson, and KC could finish with a winning record in Mahomes first season.
This is a great outlook, very much in-line with my own. The most exciting element of 2018 Chiefs football, for ME, is observing the development of Mahomes as the season progresses.
Ideally( and a real confidence booster for Mahomes, as well as the rest of the team )we'd be headed to a Wild Card with the entire unit having caught some late season fire, but I'm not going to panic if we don't. Just finishing above .500 with Mahomes and the offense showing signs of cohesion and growth is an INCREDIBLY successful season IMO.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:58 AM 01-20-2020

Hear from @Chiefs GM Brett Veach, who is the architect of the defensive rebuild that helped KC got from AFC bridesmaid last year to AFC champions today: "Job's not done," Veach says pic.twitter.com/2NhH6tWHg7

— 41 Action News (@41actionnews) January 20, 2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:35 PM 02-25-2020

Kliff on Mahomes, Reid and how early KC was targeting Mahomes while he was at Texas Tech: pic.twitter.com/j3MnsTXpjx

— Mark Schofield (@MarkSchofield) February 25, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:39 PM 02-25-2020
Can we give Veach a lifetime contract?
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:31 AM 02-26-2020
I've got to think a lot of people were a little nervous when Dorsey left. I know I was.

Now we know Brett Veach was really the brains of the front office all along. Just being the guy who convinced Dorsey and Reid to get Mahomes would have been a good enough argument for that, but the way he rebuilt this defense last offseason was nothing short of brilliant.

It seems pretty stupid that Veach wasn't named as the NFL Executive of the Year. I guess he'll just have to console himself with the Super Bowl trophy.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:35 AM 02-26-2020
I agree.

Furthermore, I now believe that the Chiefs organization is going to be the model organization in the NFL. Everything is so professional. Everything is first class. From the front office, to the coaching staff, to the players. And that's a credit to a classy owner.

Man our future is bright.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:43 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Print 'em?

Yip
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:46 PM 02-26-2020
Genuine question for you guys:

If Jimmy G hits Sanders on that deep route in the fourth quarter and we lose the Super Bowl, do you guys have any less faith in Veach?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:48 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

If Jimmy G hits Sanders on that deep route in the fourth quarter and we lose the Super Bowl, do you guys have any less faith in Veach?
We wouldn’t lose. We had about 1:48 left. Plenty of time for Pat to score
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:50 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

That play was not going to beat the Chiefs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:55 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dorsey was Brett Veach plus a decade in experience when he was hired.

There WILL be growing pains with Veach. I hope people realize this

Yeah it’s been an awful 2 1/2 years.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:57 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Cool!

I'll take 4 straight AFC Championship appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

Will you take 2 straight AFC Championship appearances & a Super Bowl Championship?
[Reply]
Pablo 04:58 PM 02-26-2020
I don't know if I posted in this thread, but I know I've made the Burt Reach joke at least a few times. Boy, was I wrong.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:59 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And it's kind of irrelevant since Bob Sutton and the defense continue to be the strength of the team.

Sutton might not be JJ, but he's one of the best currently in the NFL. He's better than Chiefs fans give him credit for.

:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:00 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sutton will be here for the remainder of Reid's tenure unless he dies.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 25 of 31
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up