ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2652 of 2694
« First < 1652215225522602264226482649265026512652 26532654265526562662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 03:03 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I only wish LeBron would pull such a move at this late stage of his career. He's been playing with AD and scrubs for 4 years now. Could have easily jumped on board a loaded roster at any point in the last few years and picked up another title like Brady did in TB.
LeBron's current situation would seem to be about his business life (and maybe personal life) moreso than trying to win games. Los Angeles is a great place to be for a business guy who wants to play around with the movie or TV industry. And I think his family really enjoys the Los Angeles area.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:06 PM 02-12-2024

[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:06 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
LeBron's current situation would seem to be about his business life (and maybe personal life) moreso than trying to win games. Los Angeles is a great place to be for a business guy who wants to play around with the movie or TV industry. And I think his family really enjoys the Los Angeles area.
Agreed. Barring what happens with his son playing at USC (who is nowhere near good enough to play in the NBA, but may end up on a NBA team for other reasons), I don't think he's ever gonna change teams again.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 03:18 PM 02-12-2024
Those Micah Parsons quotes are something else. He recognises greatness and knows the guy under center for his team just isn’t in that bracket.

Respect too from Jalen Ramsey to McDuffie
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:27 PM 02-12-2024
Common man on KFAN Minneapolis loving all over mahomes.

One of the few times I listen to this, because it is MPLS.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:33 PM 02-12-2024

��Company@PatrickMahomes | #ChiefsKingdom | #SuperBowlLVIII pic.twitter.com/VmDEXGdGF8

— NFL GameDay (@NFLGameDay) February 12, 2024

[Reply]
notorious 03:36 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Common man on KFAN Minneapolis loving all over mahomes.

One of the few times I listen to this, because it is MPLS.
49ers radio has been praising him all day.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 02-12-2024
Fucking 2020.

Can you imagine if it was 4 and 6. :-)
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:48 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
He has become death, the destroyer of worlds
Death by Corn Dog!!
[Reply]
DRM08 03:55 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
We don't give credit to the QB's for winning rings when they ride the bench, like Steve Young's first 2 rings on the bench while Montana led the team. So I don't think we should hold the rookie "bench" seasons against Brady or Mahomes. I don't hold 2008 against Brady either, since he had a season-ending injury during the very first game. With that in mind...

Brady has 7 rings in 21 years as a starter (33.34%)
Mahomes has 3 rings in 6 years as a starter (50.00%)

Not sure about the older QB's on the list. I'm sure those numbers probably need to be adjusted for them as well.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:06 PM 02-12-2024
Long but here is some highlights

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/2...ers-super-bowl

Originally Posted by :
This was supposed to be the bad Mahomes year, and it ended the same way the good ones did: with the Chiefs on top. This was their worst, and it was better than everyone else’s best.
Originally Posted by :
It’s very irritating that the Kansas City Chiefs played in this Super Bowl. It’s also very impressive and incredible and enjoyable, but that doesn’t stop it from being irritating. The Chiefs were a painfully flawed team all season—not a team with minor weaknesses or unfortunate injuries, but a team with real problems that should have been exposed by a better playoff contender.

Only that never happened. Patrick Mahomes simply did not allow it.

When you think of Mahomes, you think of greatness—great throws, great moments. And when you think of the imperfect Chiefs team he captained to their third Super Bowl win in just six seasons, you conjure greatness again in your mind. Mahomes must have been spectacular, sensational, his play riddled with the superhuman throws that will one day adorn his Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

But that was not the story of this game. This Mahomes Super Bowl MVP award, the third of his still young career, was not about greatness; it was about plainness. It was about how he changed the way he quarterbacked—and in doing so, saved the Chiefs.
Originally Posted by :
Mahomes makes these plays so routinely, they almost become uninteresting. But if this was always in his bag, why did the Chiefs stumble this season? These astonishing plays had always been enough for the Chiefs to overwhelm their opponents—why weren’t they now?

Miscues. Self-inflicted wounds. The exact stuff the 49ers are lamenting on the other side of this loss. No other team dropped more passes this season than the Chiefs did. Their mistakes always came at the worst times—Skyy Moore’s drop in the end zone against Denver. Marquez Valdes-Scantling letting the Eagles game slip through his fingers. The infamous Kadarius Toney offside against Buffalo. Kansas City tripped its way to Las Vegas for Super Bowl LVIII, and it wasn’t going to stop now.
Originally Posted by :
On the season, Mahomes wasn’t as sloppy as his teammates. Sure, he’d throw a pick here and there—but he’s a reckless guy. What do you expect?

While he wasn’t sloppy, the weight of the offensive struggles were too much even for him to overcome. The 2023 season was Mahomes’s worst by EPA per dropback, success rate, and adjusted net yards per attempt—all by a comfortable margin. He was pressured more this season than in any season since 2018, and he was worse when pressured than he had ever been. His explosive play rate has never been lower; his air yards per attempt has never been lower; his time to throw has never been higher. By every metric, this was the hardest season of Mahomes’s career. His worst season in the NFL.

Oh, except for the Super Bowl win. And the Super Bowl MVP. By those metrics, this season was just about as good as his other ones.

It’s not that Mahomes got worse at football, or that Mahomes was solved. It was everything around him that was the issue. Kelce, 34 years old, wasn’t moving as quickly as he used to, producing after the catch like he used to. Besides Rashee Rice, all the swings at receiver missed; the turnover at offensive tackle hurt the team as well. Mahomes could still go supernova, but the Chiefs were rarely able to harness his power. His pocket escapes became meager scrambles instead of downfield shots; his accurate throws, incompletions.
Originally Posted by :
If the Chiefs couldn’t field the same offense they once did, they’d need something else. Andy Reid and the Chiefs’ coaching staff initiated a tactical retreat. The Chiefs started throwing the ball underneath a ton, relying more on yards after the catch. They eschewed the tight downfield windows forced by defenses fearful of Mahomes’s arm and instead targeted open underneath receivers—nobody else threw into an open window more frequently than Mahomes did in 2023.

The result? Drives with far fewer highlights, but with actual points at the end. It took time for Mahomes and Reid to find the gaps in a 49ers defense that put forth a Super Bowl–worthy effort, flowing fast to the football, tackling in space—but eventually, the herald of the quarterbacking revolution settled into his pedestrian role. Mahomes threw it underneath, time and time again, succinctly turning the offense into the hands of an open receiver, trusting some of the same targets that had often betrayed him. In the fourth quarter and overtime, he averaged 4.9 air yards per attempt. He was 16-for-22, with a success rate of 58 percent. He was trailing for the entirety of his three drives, and he threw beyond the sticks exactly six times. Those were the game-winning drives from the NFL’s best game winner: methodical, not maniacal. Somehow, just as merciless.

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:42 PM 02-12-2024
There's that word again...

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:49 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Does anyone really mention Bradshaw in the same breath as Mahomes? Bradshaw is just 70s Aikman and I think just about everyone recognizes that.

Very few seem inclined to even mention Montana anymore, though I agree that he's the next man up.
That would be a shame. Montana was fucking good.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - that's not true.

People don't give Brady enough credit for what he did from about 2007 through 2017. He was undeniably the best QB in the NFL over that 10 year span. Did he have the best season every year? No - but neither has Mahomes.

Guys like Rodgers or Brees occasionally having better years than Brady didn't make them better QBs. He was absolutely the best at his position for a decade and deserves all the credit he gets for that.
I'll admit, I'm guilty of not giving Brady the credit due for making the correct decision and making the easy throw. I've watched dumbfuck QBs (most were more talented than Brady) shit the bed and do dumb stuff to give Mahomes the opportunity to win and think to myself, "Oh. That's what the Cheatriots felt like."

I always chalked it up to coaching, but a lot of it was on Brady's decision making which at the time I didn't give him credit for.

KCC is right though. If you dig into the situational stuff, what Mahomes has done is consistently more impressive than what Brady had to do.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:11 PM 02-12-2024

�� Super Bowl LIV: Down 10 vs. SF
�� Super Bowl LVII: Down 10 vs. PHI
�� Super Bowl LVIII: Down 10 vs. SF@PatrickMahomes is the first QB ever with three 10+ point comeback wins in Super Bowl history. pic.twitter.com/E5Yen9RTUX

— NFL (@NFL) February 12, 2024

[Reply]
DRM08 05:53 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
In 58 Super Bowl games, only 7 teams have won a Super Bowl when trailing by double digits:

* 3 times for Mahomes & Chiefs
* 2 times for Tom Brady & Patriots
* 1 time for Joe Montana & Niners
* 1 time for Drew Brees & Saints

That's a mindblowing statistic right there.
[Reply]
Page 2652 of 2694
« First < 1652215225522602264226482649265026512652 26532654265526562662 > Last »
Up