ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 120
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:16 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Miles:
Saw this exciting news on mlbtraderumors earlier. Always in a hurry to hand out an extension for declining years.

In a chat today with readers, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals will approach first baseman Paul Goldschmidt at some point this offseason with the hope of discussing a contract extension. He says the club prefers to get a deal done before the start of the season but that they will leave the door open for in-season discussions. He adds that neither side expects the conversation to be contentious and the club believes they can extend him through the remainder of his career.
Mozeliak must have invested in Redbox this spring as a growth opportunity.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:53 PM 12-13-2023

Here is the schedule for the Spring Breakout games.

The #Marlins and #Cardinals will have both their prospects and their big-league spring rosters face off in a traditional doubleheader beginning at 2:05 PM ET at @RDCstadium on Friday, March 15th. @FishOnFirst https://t.co/iWT0doIfc3 pic.twitter.com/tuiMjK3pKg

— Noah Berger���� (@Trainboy100) December 13, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:31 PM 12-14-2023
Flathery signs with Detroit. Fitting place for that piece of shit
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:01 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
That signing aside, Detroit is on the rise. GM Scott Harris is a shrewd executive. They're the AL Central franchise that's most likely to be the best team in the next five years. Tarik Skubal is a Cy Young candidate and Reese Olson could have a Kyle Bradish-type breakout this year.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:02 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Hope he gets stabbed with a broken beer bottle infected with AIDS
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:46 PM 12-14-2023
Glasnow to LA D
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by Miles:
Saw this exciting news on mlbtraderumors earlier. Always in a hurry to hand out an extension for declining years.

In a chat today with readers, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals will approach first baseman Paul Goldschmidt at some point this offseason with the hope of discussing a contract extension. He says the club prefers to get a deal done before the start of the season but that they will leave the door open for in-season discussions. He adds that neither side expects the conversation to be contentious and the club believes they can extend him through the remainder of his career.
What in the actual fuck? :-)
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:37 AM 12-15-2023
I'm not sure about you but for some reason, the Ohtani deal with LA really bummed me out. Not at all about wishing the Cardinals would have gotten him, but either San Francisco, Toronto, or staying at LAA. But LAD? That insane contract should not be legal in anyway and has to be addressed with the next CBA. MLB can't stop tripping over themselves.

They just need to make a NFL-style CBA to increase revenue sharing and make it more competitive. Baseball is dying a slow death (outside the big payrolls). When one player will make more than the entire payroll of 8 teams, that's when you know there are significant problems. But the billionaire owners will keep going along since they are making money anyway. Just sucks to see it as a common fan.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 12-15-2023
"Ohtani just got $700 million"

"Baseball is dying a slow death"

Naw, fellas. Those can't both be true. Especially not when the floor for a 100 inning pitcher, no matter how bad he was last season, appears to be $12 million (see the Lynn and Flaherty contracts). The Royals are giving Seth Lugo $15 million/season and I think that's a good deal for them. He'll never be more than a 3rd starter on a contender and that's a GOOD deal in this market. There's a TON of money in the system and it's obvious as these contracts come in. Don't listen to what they say - watch what they do.

The problem is that there are a BUNCH of owners still willing to bald-faced lie to their fans. I'm frustrated by the fact that DeWitt won't take the payroll to $200 million and the Cardinals revenue will absolutely support that. But that's not NEARLY as bad as the fact that there are 8 teams with payrolls below $100 million. Those owners are flat out full of shit. They're lying.

Baseball isn't basketball - it's not a superstar driven sport. And there are still teams like Atlanta who simply do it BETTER than everyone else right now and they're going to be problems for any team they face, including the Dodgers. Meanwhile it's absolutely possible to be competitive on a $150 million payroll and I don't believe any owner out there who says they can't support a $150 million payroll.

If they're that cash poor, they shouldn't own a major league baseball team. Bring in someone who isn't.

The issue with baseball isn't the lack of revenue sharing. It's that there are too many owners in the sport who view it as an investment mechanism. Guys like DeWitt who get addicted to $50 million operating profits and create glass ceilings on their payroll. And the further expansion of the playoffs creating an opening for teams to win 83 games and then get lucky in the post-season (i.e. The Diamondbacks) is only going to make it worse.

It's not a CBA problem. It's not a structure problem. It's an ownership problem. Too many owners simply don't care if they're building a truly great team. They're content building a .500 team and hoping they get lucky.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 12-15-2023
And there you go - Michael Wacha gets $16 million from Kansas City.

Wacha and Lugo are making $30 million from one of the more historically poor franchise in the sport. TELL me that baseball isn't bringing money in hand over fist right now.

Baseball's not dying - its a league where only half the owners are actually trying to win and the others are simply trying to make money. More revenue sharing will only reward those owners for their bullshit.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:18 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Wacha and Lugo are making $30 million from one of the more historically poor franchise in the sport. TELL me that baseball isn't bringing money in hand over fist right now.

Baseball's not dying - its a league where only half the owners are actually trying to win and the others are simply trying to make money. More revenue sharing will only reward those owners for their bullshit.
Man they really had to overpay to get middling pitchers to sign up with the Wish version of MLB teams.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:26 PM 12-20-2023

Hasn't Wacha been at least decent his last two seasons?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:58 AM 12-21-2023

Royals actually have a decent payroll compared to market size. They aren't exactly cheap, mainly just dumb.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 12:45 PM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Hasn't Wacha been at least decent his last two seasons?
25-6 with a sub 3.30 ERA & WHIP below 1.15. This is exactly the kind of deal the Cardinals should have been in on. A quality pitcher that can be had for a decent price. I would much rather have given 16 million to Wacha than 10 million to Lynn or Gibson
[Reply]
bdj23 01:16 PM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
25-6 with a sub 3.30 ERA & WHIP below 1.15. This is exactly the kind of deal the Cardinals should have been in on. A quality pitcher that can be had for a decent price. I would much rather have given 16 million to Wacha than 10 million to Lynn or Gibson
That's kinda what i was getting at. I'd take a Wacha reunion over Matz or Lynn
[Reply]
Page 108 of 120
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Up