ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2646 of 3903
« First < 1646214625462596263626422643264426452646 264726482649265026562696274631463646 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 03:19 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The only way we can come up with less deaths is to construct fairy tales that don't come true and then claim the measure taken saved us from the imaginary numbers made up.

What we were actually sold first was a lockdown to "slow the spread for 30 days" and delay infections for a bit to help out the hospitals.

Then...once they had us there the old bait and switch. Now we are saving lives! No explanation for how they are doing this or the proof of it has been presented as of yet.
We can have fewer deaths over all by reducing cases. You understand that, yes?

Flattening the curve was called for to prevent the number of cases, which in turn led to fewer hospitalizations (and not overwhelming them) and fewer deaths. It was never one or the other, as you can see from that quote from Fauci.

There was no bait and switch, despite the apparent fact that you want there to be for whatever reason.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:20 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
We can have fewer deaths over all by reducing cases. You understand that, yes?

Flattening the curve was called for to prevent the number of cases, which in turn led to fewer hospitalizations (and not overwhelming them) and fewer deaths. It was never one or the other, as you can see from that quote from Fauci.

There was no bait and switch, despite the apparent fact that you want there to be for whatever reason.
They started with 30 days to slow the spread and let's all pitch in for 2 weeks or so. Now Biden's Covid advisor is pushing an additional 12-18 months of fun medical experiment time.

If they told us your lives will now all be devoted to this for the next year they would have had massive pushback. They did a bait and switch.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:22 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm not crying out "CONSPIRACY!!!1!" or anything resembling it - but a lot of places suck ass at reporting things accurately.

Given that that's been a "problem" since the beginning, it seems to me that that's more of an issue of comprehending what the numbers mean than about accurate reporting. I know you guys love the aggregators like Wordlometers, but they're the main sources that aren't able to distinguish between dates of death vs. reported dates. That's why you always see the Sunday dips.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:22 PM 07-17-2020
They started with 30 days to slow the spread and let's all pitch in for 2 weeks or so. Now Biden's Covid advisor is pushing an additional 12-18 months of fun medical experiment time.
There have been some that have said all along that flattening the curve would take 12-18 months to work.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:25 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
There have been some that have said all along that flattening the curve would take 12-18 months to work.
Well, they didn't have that in front at all in any of the media I saw.

And I was all about trying to help if the measures were temporary. Once they changed from helping the hospitals to zero cases as a policy goal they lost me.

I now firmly oppose this.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:25 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Given that that's been a "problem" since the beginning, it seems to me that that's more of an issue of comprehending what the numbers mean than about accurate reporting. I know you guys love the aggregators like Wordlometers, but they're the main sources that aren't able to distinguish between dates of death vs. reported dates. That's why you always see the Sunday dips.

[Reply]
Donger 03:25 PM 07-17-2020

If they told us your lives will now all be devoted to this for the next year they would have had massive pushback. They did a bait and switch.
We actually did a decent of driving new cases growth down for a while, particularly in some places, with the mitigation efforts. But, some places didn't follow the task force guidelines for reopening, and here we are.

Why are you bringing up Biden's advisor?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:25 PM 07-17-2020
Its like no one has ever walked into a state/county run hospital. It's like revisiting the 70s from an admin standpoint. There's workers hunting and pecking on green screens.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:26 PM 07-17-2020
Well, they didn't have that in front at all in any of the media I saw.

And I was all about trying to help if the measures were temporary. Once they changed from helping the hospitals to zero cases as a policy goal they lost me.

I now firmly oppose this.
I don't disagree it wasn't out front but I read a lot of articles that claimed it would take 12-18 months. Whether that is accurate or not I don't know.
[Reply]
TLO 03:26 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think that's a fair point, actually.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:29 PM 07-17-2020
We actually did a decent of driving new cases growth down for a while, particularly in some places, with the mitigation efforts. But, some places didn't follow the task force guidelines for reopening, and here we are.

Why are you bringing up Biden's advisor?
There is no evidence any of this has achieved anything. I am in NY and the only way you can stop the virus is very early before it gets going. Once it has arrived efforts to stop it don't move the graph at all.

California probably did "flatten the curve" and what that means is that their hospitals mostly sat empty for months and this has dragged out for them.
[Reply]
Donger 03:31 PM 07-17-2020
There is no evidence any of this has achieved anything. I am in NY and the only way you can stop the virus is very early before it gets going. Once it has arrived efforts to stop it don't move the graph at all.

California probably did "flatten the curve" and what that means is that their hospitals mostly sat empty for months and this has dragged out for them.
Would you like me to post the NY graphs which prove that false?
[Reply]
jdubya 03:34 PM 07-17-2020
Man I remember when it was reported in my county that the SIP was only going to last 2 weeks. Seems so long ago
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:35 PM 07-17-2020
Would you like me to post the NY graphs which prove that false?
I know what the NY graphs look like. I know when the interventions took place. I live here.
[Reply]
Donger 03:38 PM 07-17-2020
I know what the NY graphs look like. I know when the interventions took place. I live here.
NY locked down on March 22 when the state was seeing about 1,500 new cases/day.
[Reply]
Page 2646 of 3903
« First < 1646214625462596263626422643264426452646 264726482649265026562696274631463646 > Last »
Up