ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 201 of 298
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 AM 12-16-2018

Via @MikeGarafolo on NFL Gameday Kickoff, Mike McCarthy is “very high up there” on the #Jets list of potential new head coaches to replace Todd Bowles. NYJ want to go “big-game hunting”, per Garafolo.

— Nick Mensio (@NickMensio) December 15, 2018

Bowles gonna be fired. Really like his strategy on defense. Players love him. He likes to attack.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:40 AM 12-16-2018
I'm in the minority even if you were to fire Sutton would the players know where to line up? This is on Veach for overspending in other areas.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:54 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Bowles gonna be fired. Really like his strategy on defense. Players love him. He likes to attack.
Mike McCarthy would only be my HC if he has an experienced OC - no way I let him HC + call plays.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:55 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm in the minority even if you were to fire Sutton would the players know where to line up? This is on Veach for overspending in other areas.
Oh, we need new players, too.
[Reply]
loce1959 08:13 AM 12-16-2018
While I think Bob Sutton needed to go last year. This is on Chief's management for letting Andy have too much say (all offense). Someone needs to take some power back from Andy and start making the defense a priority. SBs are won with defense.
[Reply]
ILChief 08:30 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

He has worked with Reid so maybe a sliver of hope. Going to have to hope Bob quits. Reid won't fire him
[Reply]
ILChief 08:56 AM 12-16-2018
I just don't get why Reid sticks with Sutton. A championship is the one thing keeping Reid from being a top all time coach. He can't think Sutton is the best man for the job. Why so loyal to coaches but not players. He moved on from alex to mahomes and Smith is a much better QB than Sutton is at being a DC. I just don't get it
[Reply]
New World Order 08:59 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I just don't get why Reid sticks with Sutton. A championship is the one thing keeping Reid from being a top all time coach. He can't think Sutton is the best man for the job. Why so loyal to coaches but not players. He moved on from alex to mahomes and Smith is a much better QB than Sutton is at being a DC. I just don't get it
This gives me a slight glimmer of hope.

I know it's Andy but I have a hard time believing if we lose a 41-38 type game in the playoffs that he'll stick with Sutton

He fired Juan Castillo as DC and hired Todd Bowles in phili. Hopefully the same thing happens here.
[Reply]
ILChief 09:00 AM 12-16-2018
Only time Andy has done it

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...true&mobi=true
[Reply]
New World Order 09:02 AM 12-16-2018
Oh yeah.

I FUCKING HATE BOB SUTTON MORE THAN ANY CHIEF PLAYER OR PERSONNEL IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 09:04 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Probably Reid genuinely believed last year that a combination of Alex and defensive woes lost us the Titans game. He changed one variable of the equation. If there is another defensive collapse in the playoffs I think Sutton is gone. If not shame on fans to keep going back to support this team.

But the worst case scenario is that the D gets a few late stops but the O screws up due to a Reid special. Then nothing might change other than the insincere “It starts with me, I need to do a better job” lip service.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:09 AM 12-16-2018
Here is the real problem:

Look at our defensive coaching roster. Not one of the position coaches could step in and coordinate this defence let alone anybody else’s. There are no teams clamouring for any of our defensive coaches when it comes to promotions. You look at that Jets defensive staff and you could argue two or three of those guys could make great coordinators and they have solid reputations as teachers and motivators. Andy needs to quit neglecting this side of the ball If he ever wants to shake the choker label.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:52 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Oh Billay, there's PLENTY of firing to go around, in so MANY areas!

Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Here is the real problem:

Look at our defensive coaching roster. Not one of the position coaches could step in and coordinate this defence let alone anybody else’s. There are no teams clamouring for any of our defensive coaches when it comes to promotions. You look at that Jets defensive staff and you could argue two or three of those guys could make great coordinators and they have solid reputations as teachers and motivators. Andy needs to quit neglecting this side of the ball If he ever wants to shake the choker label.
This is a very good point. You probably have a better idea of the state of the assistant coaches but it seems to me that instead of running a training school, it might be wise at this juncture to start bringing on as many known and talented commodities as possible.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:01 AM 12-16-2018
The most excruciating thing about the Chargers loss is that this has happened before and has almost happened a handful of time this season. Get a big lead and then blow it at the end.

Why is this a trend? It keeps happening and there’s been 0 effort shown to correct it. A lot is on the D but the offense often cannot get a 1st to put the game away. Is this common in other teams? Is this just the Chiefs? Is this just a total failure of not recognizing and correcting your mistakes?
[Reply]
lcarus 10:01 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Keep Fuller, Lucas, and Berry.

Everyone else you mentioned need to either retire or go to Buffalo to be a starter.
Buffalo wouldn't take any of these clowns. Their pass D is actually pretty good.
[Reply]
Page 201 of 298
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251 > Last »
Up