ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2651 of 2693
« First < 1651215125512601264126472648264926502651 26522653265426552661 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:56 AM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That has always been the crux of the Mahomes vs Brady issue. Mahomes has already matched Brady’s peak. Issue is, Brady was elite until he was 44.

Mahomes isn’t likely to be elite into his mid-40s so he will need to make up ground in his 30s (where Brady was still great but didn’t win a Super Bowl from the age of like 28-38 or something crazy like that).
It was a beautiful time indeed.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:56 AM 02-12-2024
The interview Pat had with Nate Burleson before the game where Nate said "after the superbowl, finish this sentence!!..the Chiefs are?" And Pat says "a dynasty"!!..it was incredibly powerful when I first saw it and it's even more profound now. Just amazing that Pat predicted this.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:32 PM 02-12-2024
I guess this thread is as good as any, it's not specifically Mahomes related but it's mostly Mahomes related

[Reply]
dirk digler 01:18 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I love those stats, but I learned something a long while back in baseball - historical greatness is largely determined by the back half of these guys careers.

Tom Glavine was, I thought, the best example. At 30 years old he was, I thought, a very good pitcher. But hell, guys like Corey Kluber were better through 30 than Glavine. Glavine is great because of what he did from 31 and forward...

Brady's the same way. Hell, Jordan is. These guys were as great in the 2nd half of their career, when 'on the downhill slide' as they were as they entered and were in their primes.

Now maybe Mahomes is the exception to the rule; a Sandy Koufax or Pedro Martinez. A guy so preternaturally good that he's an all-timer based on a short body of work. Hell, we KNOW he is. But if he wants to clear Tom Brady in the eyes of many, it'll likely be what happens AFTER he's 35 that decides it. That's how crazy the numbers Brady put up were. Not because of what he did, but how long he did it and how long he sustained at that level.
One thing to keep in mind about Brady vs Mahomes debate will be that Brady will have played with the same coach for 98% of his career. Mahomes will be lucky to have Reid for 10 years. Will be lucky for Reid to say 2-3 more years. The rest of Mahomes career (10-12 years) will be with another coach who most likely won't be near as good as Reid.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:52 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Although I would point out that Brady smartly and specifically chose a team that was absolutely stacked with offensive talent and had the best defense in the league to end his career with. I'm thinking that might have had a little something to do with his post-Belichick success.
Brady pulled the LeBron move (or Kevin Durant, etc). Very smart by those guys to find teams with loaded rosters.

In Brady's case, he also got the hell out of that freezing cold Boston weather and got to live & play football in warm weather Tampa Bay. That's a big deal for an older player. Much better tax situation for him in Florida compared to the Northeast as well.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 01:57 PM 02-12-2024
Mahomes had 1 INT in the entire post season this year.

Which is INSANE considering the defenses he went up against and remember his scouting report before the draft saying that he could be prone to turnovers due to his style of play? He's able to be whatever QB you need for a given situation. There's no one like him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:06 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Mahomes had 1 INT in the entire post season this year.

Which is INSANE considering the defenses he went up against and remember his scouting report before the draft saying that he could be prone to turnovers due to his style of play? He's able to be whatever QB you need for a given situation. There's no one like him.
Not his best run, which is insane to say. :-)

[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:13 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Not his best run, which is insane to say. :-)

If we're talking insane, let's go with Mahomes' playoff record: 15-3. Let that sink in. He's 15-3 against the best teams in the league at the most crucial time of the season. That is fucking batshit insanity. He's literally BETTER when playing against the best competition when the pressure is the most.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:15 PM 02-12-2024
Brady was 14-4 :-)
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:22 PM 02-12-2024
lmao

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:25 PM 02-12-2024

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:52 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by RecSeven:
I actually liked Romo's call after the GW touchdown talking about Mahomes. "Michael Jordan wins again."
I thought Josh Allen was Michael Jordan though according to Romo?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:54 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That's awesome. Hope they had a good time.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:56 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Brady pulled the LeBron move (or Kevin Durant, etc). Very smart by those guys to find teams with loaded rosters.

In Brady's case, he also got the hell out of that freezing cold Boston weather and got to live & play football in warm weather Tampa Bay. That's a big deal for an older player. Much better tax situation for him in Florida compared to the Northeast as well.
I only wish LeBron would pull such a move at this late stage of his career. He's been playing with AD and scrubs for 4 years now. Could have easily jumped on board a loaded roster at any point in the last few years and picked up another title like Brady did in TB.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:00 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
If we're talking insane, let's go with Mahomes' playoff record: 15-3. Let that sink in. He's 15-3 against the best teams in the league at the most crucial time of the season. That is ****ing batshit insanity. He's literally BETTER when playing against the best competition when the pressure is the most.
And Brady got worse. Despite the ridiculous team success and longevity, his playoff numbers are significantly worse throughout his career than what he did in the regular season (passer rating drops off 8 points in contrast to Mahomes' which climbs by over 2 points).

Mahomes is unlike anything anybody has ever seen in the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 2651 of 2693
« First < 1651215125512601264126472648264926502651 26522653265426552661 > Last »
Up