ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3340 of 3903
« First < 2340284032403290333033363337333833393340 33413342334333443350339034403840 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 11:23 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Does anyone know if there is a set process for rolling this out more broadly? Obviously healthcare workers are a closed population that can be reached fairly easily, but how about everyone else? Do people just have to call up and ask for it or what?

I'm mainly just curious how people like my mid-90s grandparents know when they're up.

I know there's probably not a consistent answer, but just curious if anyone's heard anything.
Good question. I was looking at KS info earlier today. Appears my 75 year old dad would fall under their phase 1b but I couldn't find much on contact protocols.

Its a bit of a catch 22 as he's in good health but as a result will likely just go on living his life until someone contacts him (or I direct him to a resource).
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:24 AM 12-22-2020
Does anyone know if there is a set process for rolling this out more broadly? Obviously healthcare workers are a closed population that can be reached fairly easily, but how about everyone else? Do people just have to call up and ask for it or what?

I'm mainly just curious how people like my mid-90s grandparents know when they're up.

I know there's probably not a consistent answer, but just curious if anyone's heard anything.
I've been wondering about that myself. I've heard a couple of rumors that the HMOs like Kaiser will notify people based on their medical histories, but I don't think other insurers would have those records. I have a feeling that once it gets to the general population it'll just be the willy-nilly world of capitalism where people pursue it on their own.
[Reply]
Donger 11:28 AM 12-22-2020
https://cvshealth.com/news-and-insig...s-in-long-term

The long-term care facility vaccination effort is a precursor to the eventual availability of COVID-19 vaccines at all CVS Pharmacy locations throughout the country subject to product availability and prioritization of populations, which will be determined by states. Vaccines in a retail setting will be offered on an appointment-only basis via CVS.com or through the CVS Pharmacy app, and there will be a dedicated 800 number for people without online access. CVS Pharmacy will have the capacity to administer 20 to 25 million shots per month.

"Vaccinating one of our most vulnerable populations is the latest milestone in our multifaceted pandemic response, which includes testing more than 10 million people for the virus since March," stated Karen S. Lynch, currently Executive Vice President, CVS Health and President, Aetna, who will become the company's next President and CEO on February 1. "The eventual availability of COVID-19 vaccines in communities across the country will bring us one step closer to overcoming the most significant health challenge of our lifetime."
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:34 AM 12-22-2020
Maybe send an old person an email with the cvs link along with a warning that the vaccine won't work unless they forward the email to 20 additional people.
[Reply]
O.city 11:36 AM 12-22-2020

Based on my understanding, its going to be very similar as the influenza vaccines as in it will be mostly done thru pharmacies.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:36 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The one on the left is verbatim from Wikipedia, not the WHO, and it's still up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity
Correct, the first statement is how scientists would understand it.

The WHO statement is political.
[Reply]
Donger 11:38 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Correct, the first statement is how scientists would understand it.

The WHO statement is political.
Correct? You posted something attributed to WHO which is not, because it fits your agenda. You either knew that before, and posted it anyway, or now know it is false. Which is it?
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:50 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Maybe send an old person an email with the cvs link along with a warning that the vaccine won't work unless they forward the email to 20 additional people.
The email for the vaccine must have an R0 that is greater than the virus or it won't be successful.
[Reply]
Donger 12:04 PM 12-22-2020
When can YOU get the vaccine? It depends on your health, occupation and where you live

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/22/us/co...tes/index.html
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:16 PM 12-22-2020
Correct? You posted something attributed to WHO which is not, because it fits your agenda. You either knew that before, and posted it anyway, or now know it is false. Which is it?
Of course you don't understand it because you're a brain damaged moron.
[Reply]
Donger 12:19 PM 12-22-2020
Of course you don't understand it because you're a brain damaged moron.
I understand it fine. The WHO did NOT create the text on the left. Wikipedia did. You posted something which is not true.

You either did so intentionally or not. If the former, shame on you. If the latter, happy to provide the correction and fact.
[Reply]
TLO 12:20 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Based on my understanding, its going to be very similar as the influenza vaccines as in it will be mostly done thru pharmacies.
How will they monitor people for reactions if they go this route?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:20 PM 12-22-2020
I understand it fine. The WHO did NOT create the text on the left. Wikipedia did. You posted something which is not true.

You either did so intentionally or not. If the former, shame on you. If the latter, happy to provide the correction and fact.
Go play in traffic, I don't have time for your gaslighting today.

You would make a great boot licker in a country like China.
[Reply]
Donger 12:21 PM 12-22-2020
Go play in traffic, I don't have time for your gaslighting today.
You're welcome.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:23 PM 12-22-2020
Had a very disappointing phone call with my Uncle last night over Xmas. Typically he and my aunt have about 15-20 people over on Xmas Eve. My Wife and I usually go. This year we were a little leery but decided we would go only to find out he was going to have even a few more people over. Okay well, then we find out he is going to a party for his FIL tonight which will have about 20+ people there that are entirely separate from who will be there on Thursday except a couple people.

That was enough for us to cancel. So I called him last night to tell him we will come out in a couple of weeks. He went on a rant about how he isn't afraid and 99% people and all of that. I tried to have a bit of a nuanced conversation with him explaining it's not about being afraid but about the number of people. I couldn't tell him flat out him going to a party 2 days before Xmas Eve was the deal breaker because it's none of my business.

So now my Dad who is staying with me is a bit pissed that I am not going though I am a bit pissed he and my Step Mom are still going and then coming back to my house. My Dad gave me the same argument of 99% and I am not afraid and shit.

And that's all cool. I get it. Don't be afraid. Play golf, play your softball, visit family. But can you do it somewhat cautiously?

I tried to explain to my Step Mom that going to the beach and getting in the water is taking a risk of shark attack but being in a boat and seeing the sharks swimming around is not a good time to jump in and I think that's what they are doing.

I should add my Aunt and Uncle have also been in and out of church almost everyday, mostly my aunt and that doesn't make things better. I tried to explain to my dad that going to church is fine and having some family over is fine. But cramming it all together with a total 40+ people if not more is just asking for it.
[Reply]
Page 3340 of 3903
« First < 2340284032403290333033363337333833393340 33413342334333443350339034403840 > Last »
Up