ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 691 of 2693
« First < 191591641681687688689690691 69269369469570174179111911691 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:22 AM 03-30-2018
He loves stats and metrics, which is fine, but he absolutely fucking sucks at delivering opinions because it's an industry where you're GOING to be wrong at some point, and this choad obviously can't deal with that. He seems really thin-skinned and fucktardy. He's probably the kid who would pout and flip over the Monopoly board whenever he was about to lose.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:55 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Somehow I have a sneaky suspicion the Jaguars are going to regret taking Fournette instead of Mahomes in the next 10 years. Leonard is very talented, but the shelf life on running backs is very short and he has already had multiple leg injuries before turning pro. #4 overall pick. That's expensive for a RB.

I think the Bills are regretting trading their pick last year instead of drafting Mahomes.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:57 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Yeah he's gunna say anything and highlight anything negative while not mentioning all the positives with Mahomes because he didn't like him coming out of college. He doesn't want to be wrong. He's a douche like that.

I liked Fahey at first when he appeared on Lebatard's show, but grew tired of him shortly after. Shit like this is why.

Keitzman does the same thing.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:58 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I think the Bills are regretting trading their pick last year instead of drafting Mahomes.
I would certainly think so.

Sure, they did get a really good young CB in Tre White, but at this point it looks like they are going to struggle to acquire a young QB at all. They had this plan all along to stock up capital and move up for one this year, but now unless they can trade with the Giants they might be left with nothing.

Even if they trade to pick 6, they get the 4th QB off the board, probably Josh Allen.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:53 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Keitzman does the same thing.
Yep, the Keitzman HATE towards Mahomes has been unreal. :-)

I mean what is not to like about PM2?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:03 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Somehow I have a sneaky suspicion the Jaguars are going to regret taking Fournette instead of Mahomes in the next 10 years. Leonard is very talented, but the shelf life on running backs is very short and he has already had multiple leg injuries before turning pro. #4 overall pick. That's expensive for a RB.
Well, if Mahomes is who we all think and hope he is, then all 9 teams before us, and all teams behind us will regret not taking him.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:04 AM 03-30-2018
KK hates Mahomes? What a clown. Support your team that actually drafted a QBOTF.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:46 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
KK hates Mahomes? What a clown. Support your team that actually drafted a QBOTF.
Well he was good buds with Alex Smith and Trent Green still comes on there a lot and Green is pals with Alex also, I think that has a lot to do with it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:00 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Can’t believe it went under the radar that Cian Fahey got fired by ESPN for being a moron :-)

It goes without saying.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:18 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I strongly disagree with this line of thinking. Even though it hasn't even been a year since we drafted him, this kind of thinking takes for granted how Mahomes was a gift from God to this franchise after years of inexplicable curses. It's not as simple as "Why not just wait for Mahomes?" because if it were, then every team would have one.

The Chiefs needed 9 teams to pass on Mahomes. Not only that but we had trade-up competition with some pretty feisty teams led by GMs and coaches who know perhaps has much about QBs as Reid does. We had to outgun them to trade up to the right spot to grab him, which is far easier said than done, because the deal was done with a team that EASILY could have taken us to the cleaners far worse than they did in terms of trade compensation. If Mahomes is in a draft with weaker skill position players at the top, or if draft pundits, scouts, and media don't mistakingly label 2017 as a "bad" draft class for QBs, he might have gone in the top 3.

Mahomes also came onto the scene at a time when teams are still negative on Air Raid and Big XII-type spread QBs. The Texas Tech thing was a big deal to a lot of great NFL minds. Jared Goff had JUST gotten done sucking total eggs as the #1 overall pick. Teams were plenty scared to take these guys.

And on top of that, Mahomes truly is a once-every-five years kind of QB. The baseball background. The MLB pitching dad. The drive. The smarts. The guts. The ARM. All of that fucking talent had to be placed in the body of one man and that one man had to be somehow stigmatized by a league just enough for us to sneak in, find a team dumb enough to trade out of that slot, fight off other teams for the right to draft him, and convince the ownership and players already on the team that this is the future.

Yeah, you can go ahead and wait for Mahomes. We did, and it worked out. But also keep in mind that we were arguably "waiting for Mahomes" ever since we flushed Blackledge down the toilet. That's over 30 years of waiting for Mahomes. So in the end, did that strategy ACTUALLY work out? Getting it right after 30 years is nice and all, but why not try to be proactive and get it right in a shorter time period than 30 years?
If we were "waiting for Mahomes since Blackledge" then we would have drafted Aaron Rodgers, which should be the single biggest regret of this entire franchise.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:30 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Yep. Don't understand why people are mad. If we hadn't taken Alex Smith and instead started Geno, KC may have done enough to get Reid fired or maybe Dorsey looks for another job, etc. Or more realistically, what if Geno stunk it up so bad KC goes quarterback shopping in 2015 or 2016 and we miss on Mahomes because we're trying to develop some 2015 QB? We'll never know what might have happened.

All we know is that the steps we took in 2013 led to us getting Mahomes in 2017. That's all that matters. The steps KC took from 2013 to present have been A+. It first gained us respectability after the 2-14 piolifiasco. It most importantly set us up for the next stage in the rebuild.

We now have a young Mahomes, a talented offense, a decent defense to work with, and plenty of fun years ahead.

2013-2017 was just an appetizer

2018-future is win-now mode, the real future of the Chiefs
Yep. That's why I never joined in on the Smith hate on here. Despite the fact that I always wanted to draft our own guy. Smith was the best option for us until Mahomes came along. There isn't a single quarterback that was within reach for the Chiefs the past 5 years that I would rather have over Mahomes. I trusted the process. Now the process has proven that it was worth the wait.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:37 PM 03-30-2018
ESTRAGON:
Charming spot in the draft. (He turns, advances to front, halts facing auditorium.) Inspiring prospects. (He turns to Vladimir.) Let's draft a QB.
VLADIMIR:
We can't.
ESTRAGON:
Why not?
VLADIMIR:
We're waiting for Mahomes.
ESTRAGON:
(despairingly). Ah! (Pause.) You're sure it was here?
VLADIMIR:
What?
ESTRAGON:
That we were to wait.
VLADIMIR:
Carl said it'd be a safe pick. (They look at the 1st round.) Do you see any others?
ESTRAGON:
What is it?
VLADIMIR:
I don't know. A 16th overall. (Silence) What do we do now?
ESTRAGON:
Wait.
VLADIMIR:
Yes, but while waiting.
ESTRAGON:
What about hanging ourselves by trading for a veteran backup?
VLADIMIR:
Hmm. It'd give us an 8-8 erection.
ESTRAGON:
(highly excited). An erection!
VLADIMIR:
With all that follows. Where it barely misses the playoffs, true fans grow. That's why they shriek when you tell them season tickets are still available. Did you not know that?
ESTRAGON:
Let's hang ourselves immediately!
VLADIMIR:
From the 49ers? (They go towards the backup.) I wouldn't trust it.
ESTRAGON:
We can always try.
VLADIMIR:
Go ahead.
ESTRAGON:
After you.
VLADIMIR:
No no, you first.
ESTRAGON:
Why me?
VLADIMIR:
You're a bigger pussy GM than I am.
ESTRAGON:
Just so!
VLADIMIR:
I don't understand.
ESTRAGON:
Use your negotiation, can't you?
Vladimir uses his negotiation.
VLADIMIR:
(finally). I will remain in the 1st round.
ESTRAGON:
This is how it is. (He reflects.) The 2nd round . . . the 3rd round . . . (Angrily.) Use your friends from your old team, can't you?
VLADIMIR:
You're my only hope.
ESTRAGON:
(with effort). Grbac cheap—offensive line not break—Grbac dead. Alex protected—Alex run from pocket—Tyreek open alone. Whereas—
VLADIMIR:
I hadn't thought of that.
ESTRAGON:
If it loses playoff games for the 49ers, it will lose playoff games for you.
VLADIMIR:
But if I give it a defense?
ESTRAGON:
So you tell me. I don't know. There's an even chance. Or nearly.
VLADIMIR:
Well? What do we do?
ESTRAGON:
Don't do anything. Draft a fatty. It's safer.
VLADIMIR:
Did not Vermeil draft many defensive line fatties?
ESTRAGON:
Perhaps.
VLADIMIR:
Let's wait and see what he says.
ESTRAGON:
Who?
VLADIMIR:
Mahomes.
ESTRAGON:
Good idea.
VLADIMIR:
Let's wait till we know exactly how we stand.
ESTRAGON:
On the other hand it might be better to strike the iron before it freezes.
VLADIMIR:
I'm curious to hear what Clark has to offer. Then we'll take it or leave it.
ESTRAGON:
What exactly did we ask him for?
VLADIMIR:
Were you not there?
ESTRAGON:
I can't have been listening.
VLADIMIR:
Oh . . . Nothing very definite.
ESTRAGON:
A kind of prayer.
VLADIMIR:
Precisely.
ESTRAGON:
A vague supplication.
VLADIMIR:
Exactly.
ESTRAGON:
And what did he reply?
VLADIMIR:
That he'd see.
ESTRAGON:
That he couldn't promise anything.
VLADIMIR:
That he'd have to think it over.
ESTRAGON:
In the midst of his MLS team.
VLADIMIR:
Consult his family.
ESTRAGON:
His friends.
VLADIMIR:
His scouts.
ESTRAGON:
His coaches.
VLADIMIR:
His charts.
ESTRAGON:
His bank account.
VLADIMIR:
Before taking a decision.
ESTRAGON:
It's the normal thing.
VLADIMIR:
Is it not?
ESTRAGON:
I think it is.
VLADIMIR:
I think so too.
Silence.
[Reply]
In58men 01:56 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
ESTRAGON:
Charming spot in the draft. (He turns, advances to front, halts facing auditorium.) Inspiring prospects. (He turns to Vladimir.) Let's draft a QB.
VLADIMIR:
We can't.
ESTRAGON:
Why not?
VLADIMIR:
We're waiting for Mahomes.
ESTRAGON:
(despairingly). Ah! (Pause.) You're sure it was here?
VLADIMIR:
What?
ESTRAGON:
That we were to wait.
VLADIMIR:
Carl said it'd be a safe pick. (They look at the 1st round.) Do you see any others?
ESTRAGON:
What is it?
VLADIMIR:
I don't know. A 16th overall. (Silence) What do we do now?
ESTRAGON:
Wait.
VLADIMIR:
Yes, but while waiting.
ESTRAGON:
What about hanging ourselves by trading for a veteran backup?
VLADIMIR:
Hmm. It'd give us an 8-8 erection.
ESTRAGON:
(highly excited). An erection!
VLADIMIR:
With all that follows. Where it barely misses the playoffs, true fans grow. That's why they shriek when you tell them season tickets are still available. Did you not know that?
ESTRAGON:
Let's hang ourselves immediately!
VLADIMIR:
From the 49ers? (They go towards the backup.) I wouldn't trust it.
ESTRAGON:
We can always try.
VLADIMIR:
Go ahead.
ESTRAGON:
After you.
VLADIMIR:
No no, you first.
ESTRAGON:
Why me?
VLADIMIR:
You're a bigger pussy GM than I am.
ESTRAGON:
Just so!
VLADIMIR:
I don't understand.
ESTRAGON:
Use your negotiation, can't you?
Vladimir uses his negotiation.
VLADIMIR:
(finally). I will remain in the 1st round.
ESTRAGON:
This is how it is. (He reflects.) The 2nd round . . . the 3rd round . . . (Angrily.) Use your friends from your old team, can't you?
VLADIMIR:
You're my only hope.
ESTRAGON:
(with effort). Grbac cheap—offensive line not break—Grbac dead. Alex protected—Alex run from pocket—Tyreek open alone. Whereas—
VLADIMIR:
I hadn't thought of that.
ESTRAGON:
If it loses playoff games for the 49ers, it will lose playoff games for you.
VLADIMIR:
But if I give it a defense?
ESTRAGON:
So you tell me. I don't know. There's an even chance. Or nearly.
VLADIMIR:
Well? What do we do?
ESTRAGON:
Don't do anything. Draft a fatty. It's safer.
VLADIMIR:
Did not Vermeil draft many defensive line fatties?
ESTRAGON:
Perhaps.
VLADIMIR:
Let's wait and see what he says.
ESTRAGON:
Who?
VLADIMIR:
Mahomes.
ESTRAGON:
Good idea.
VLADIMIR:
Let's wait till we know exactly how we stand.
ESTRAGON:
On the other hand it might be better to strike the iron before it freezes.
VLADIMIR:
I'm curious to hear what Clark has to offer. Then we'll take it or leave it.
ESTRAGON:
What exactly did we ask him for?
VLADIMIR:
Were you not there?
ESTRAGON:
I can't have been listening.
VLADIMIR:
Oh . . . Nothing very definite.
ESTRAGON:
A kind of prayer.
VLADIMIR:
Precisely.
ESTRAGON:
A vague supplication.
VLADIMIR:
Exactly.
ESTRAGON:
And what did he reply?
VLADIMIR:
That he'd see.
ESTRAGON:
That he couldn't promise anything.
VLADIMIR:
That he'd have to think it over.
ESTRAGON:
In the midst of his MLS team.
VLADIMIR:
Consult his family.
ESTRAGON:
His friends.
VLADIMIR:
His scouts.
ESTRAGON:
His coaches.
VLADIMIR:
His charts.
ESTRAGON:
His bank account.
VLADIMIR:
Before taking a decision.
ESTRAGON:
It's the normal thing.
VLADIMIR:
Is it not?
ESTRAGON:
I think it is.
VLADIMIR:
I think so too.
Silence.
Would read again
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 02:05 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well he was good buds with Alex Smith and Trent Green still comes on there a lot and Green is pals with Alex also, I think that has a lot to do with it.
Damn. I like Trent Green and I'm ok with Alex Smith. Doesn't mean you gotta be anti Mahomes. That's just ignorant.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:20 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

Even if I was just a, lets say a Panthers fan, but for some reason I watched every 2017 Chiefs preseason game, week 17, assorted college highlights and then pulled it all together with his background/upbringing... I'd say all of the same things I say now as a Chiefs fan

The kid has just has IT, not just arm talent, not just incredible intangibles... its just all packaged together as IT

This offense is going to take a huge shit all over the NFLs head, I swear it
[Reply]
Page 691 of 2693
« First < 191591641681687688689690691 69269369469570174179111911691 > Last »
Up