ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 663
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:11 PM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by New World Order:
You don't think Cormier could beat cain?

He has the takedowns to do it.
DC himself says he can't beat Cain. Cain will go down as the best HW ever.
[Reply]
The Poz 11:55 AM 06-22-2014
My friend (he works with my wife) is now the new welterweight kickboxing champ. He won the title at the Glory 17: Last Man Standing event in L.A. last night.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/19/58...-tv-kickboxing

Joseph Valtellini def Marc de Bonte via unanimous dec (47-46 x 3)

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:44 PM 06-22-2014
What does everyone think about the upcoming Weidman vs Machida
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:21 PM 06-26-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
What does everyone think about the upcoming Weidman vs Machida
Machida can win a decision if he runs but if Weidman gets him against the cage he's in for a long night.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:22 PM 06-26-2014
I'm also pretty stoked about the Cub Swanson Jeremey Stevens fight. That should be a brawl.

On another note has anyone ponied up for the fight pass? I can't bring myself to do it.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:28 PM 06-26-2014
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Machida can win a decision if he runs but if Weidman gets him against the cage he's in for a long night.
It'll be interesting to see if Lyoto gets back to his parry
considering how Chris leaves his RH down when throwing his lead hook. Machida's left right ala Bader also comes into play as well.

Additionally, Lyoto's trips out of over-under/ double under/overs are quite good. His footwork/timing on knees to the body are also something to take into consideration.

Really interested to see how Chris closes distance.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:50 PM 06-27-2014
No hype yet for the Rousey fight, I think they are quickly running out of quality opponents for her. I guess we'll have to wait for Cyborg to see her get pushed.
[Reply]
salame 01:59 AM 06-29-2014
fight me irl rousey
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:36 PM 07-05-2014
Weidman is a legit bad ass and is only going to get better.

They have to find someone else to face Rousey. Here last 2 fights have been straight ass whippings not worthy of a PPV.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:05 PM 07-05-2014
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Weidman is a legit bad ass and is only going to get better.

They have to find someone else to face Rousey. Here last 2 fights have been straight ass whippings not worthy of a PPV.
Fortunately because of the apparent hand injury she took from smashing Davis's face in, the UFC will have time to find someone.

It was funny, I was watching the PPV with a few people who had never seen Rousey fight before, and I was telling them how much of a badass she is compared to the other women (they inexplicably decided, sight unseen, that Rousey was overrated and were pulling for Davis lol), but I wasn't expecting a 16 second knockout.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:20 PM 07-05-2014
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Fortunately because of the apparent hand injury she took from smashing Davis's face in, the UFC will have time to find someone.

It was funny, I was watching the PPV with a few people who had never seen Rousey fight before, and I was telling them how much of a badass she is compared to the other women (they inexplicably decided, sight unseen, that Rousey was overrated and were pulling for Davis lol), but I wasn't expecting a 16 second knockout.
I saw them stitching the hand. Was it just a cut or was it a break?
[Reply]
TimBone 01:07 AM 07-06-2014
I'm glad Weidman finally got a win against a top guy that wasn't controversial. The dude deserves it.
[Reply]
Jerm 05:21 AM 07-06-2014
I'll give the UFC credit...they've built Rousey into almost mythical status now with joe casual fan and even some hardcores, it's complete bullshit but genius on their part.

She's the biggest smoke and mirrors act in the UFC in quite some time...maybe ever. They all but handed her the belt to start with and she's fought nobodies or fighters that 100% completely fit her one dimensional style and give her easy opportunities to win. Last nights fight was a frickin joke...anyone with half a brain knew Davis didn't belong in there and would get smashed.

I'd like to see her fight an actual good striker with KO power and range...sadly I don't know if that woman is out there and even if she is, I doubt Dana would sign her because of his unhealthy obsession with RR and wouldn't want to see his cash cow get beat.

I'm not drinking the kool aid...sorry...
[Reply]
alnorth 09:03 AM 07-06-2014
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'll give the UFC credit...they've built Rousey into almost mythical status now with joe casual fan and even some hardcores, it's complete bullshit but genius on their part.

She's the biggest smoke and mirrors act in the UFC in quite some time...maybe ever. They all but handed her the belt to start with and she's fought nobodies or fighters that 100% completely fit her one dimensional style and give her easy opportunities to win. Last nights fight was a frickin joke...anyone with half a brain knew Davis didn't belong in there and would get smashed.

I'd like to see her fight an actual good striker with KO power and range...sadly I don't know if that woman is out there and even if she is, I doubt Dana would sign her because of his unhealthy obsession with RR and wouldn't want to see his cash cow get beat.

I'm not drinking the kool aid...sorry...
Your last paragraph pretty much negates everything else you wrote. She has beaten everyone credible they have to throw at her. The only one who ever came close (Tate) they threw at her over and over again. There is no good reason to believe she wont beat Cat (who she would have fought by the way, if not for Cat's injury), Cyborg, or whatever other mythical she-beast you can dream up, either.

As for White wanting to protect Rousey, given his history, we already know thats false. He doesn't protect or put all his chips on any individual fighters, only the UFC brand. Its bad business to bet everything on one person. This isn't boxing, MMA fighters can just randomly lose. He has never cared that much if a champ loses, because he can either promote the new champ, or set up the obligatory instant rematch and sell a zillion PPV buys. If Rousey loses, she'll get an immediate rematch and that PPV would bring in huge $$$ for Zuffa.

edit: Hell, GSP proves this more than anything. He was one of his biggest draws, and after that controversial decision, rather than try to paper over it, he laid into GSP's "win" and trashed one of his biggest money-makers. Then when he went mental and quit, Dana was just like "whatever" and moved on.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:22 AM 07-06-2014
Listen to the shit Dana says about Rousey and tell me he isn't delusional when it comes to RR...

“It was just so explosive and crazy and fast and just, you know, she’s unbelievable,” White said. “She’s a huge superstar, she’s one of the pound-for-pound best fighters in the world, and she’s the most unique athlete that I’ve ever worked with in my whole life in every sense of the word.”

“When you look at the NBA, women play basketball, but everybody sh-ts on it like, ‘Ah, it’s women’s basketball; it’s terrible,’” White said. “This is a chick that could leave this building, walk down the Las Vegas Strip and wreck every guy on the Las Vegas Strip. There’s never been a women in the history of the world that could do that.

“Even back in the day when you had good boxers and everyone was all crazy about Lucia Rijker, you know Lucia Rijker was a women that had to go in there and trade with a man, trade punches with a man. Ronda Rousey might get past a couple of your punches, but once she grabs on to you – I don’t care how big you are, how strong you are – she’s going to drop you on your head.”

LOL he's a blithering moron...shit like this is ridiculous. Not to mention the beyond ridiculous premise that DW and others have thrown out there that Rousey would actually beat Floyd Mayweather in a fight.

He's just doing the same shit with RR as he did with Liddell except taking it to the extreme...the creepy extreme.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 663
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Up