ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 635 of 3903
« First < 135535585625631632633634635 63663763863964568573511351635 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:17 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
So why is Louisiana and Bama getting hit so hard with this thing? Just seems like a strange place for it to grow so rampant.
New Orleans/Mardi Gras Shitty city full of shitty drunks from all over
Alabama proximity to NO, cheap golf, beaches, ignorant spring breakers
Poor ass states Poor people
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:18 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Chill out, I just asked a question

so did I.

have a nice evening
[Reply]
tk13 07:18 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Actually it seems no one who is involved on the medical side really needs testing. Docs are moving forward assuming if the symptoms are there, treat them as an active case. Testing wont change treatment or how we deal with patients.....testing and all of the hand wringing over tests needs to be set aside and deal with the people.

How many tests would you be pleased with? If you had enough tests to make you happy would we have fewer people infected? And would the rate of expansion decrease if you had more tests?
One of the major reasons this thing spreads like it does is because it appears you are contagious during that period of time before you show symptoms.

Testing is about trying to prevent this from spreading. If we don't ramp up our testing in this country far beyond where we are now we will never get it under any kind of control. Which to be fair is an option.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:19 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
some states opting to shutdown while others don't is causing mass confusion.
Why would North Dakota need to be shut down vs a place like New York?

You have a very basic lack of fundamental understanding about which country you live in.

This is not a person-squashed-in-every-cranny european nation.

It doesn't make sense in this country to give the federal government all the power.

And the founders knew it.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:21 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
One of the major reasons this thing spreads like it does is because you are contagious during that period of time before you show symptoms.

Testing is about trying to prevent this from spreading. If we don't ramp up our testing in this country far beyond where we are now we will never get it under any kind of control. Which to be fair is an option.

I get that...but what you are proposing is massive testing of people who sho zero signs...thats the entire population.....we will never achieve that...we will never have the ability to do it nor will people allow themselves to be tested
[Reply]
petegz28 07:26 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
One of the major reasons this thing spreads like it does is because it appears you are contagious during that period of time before you show symptoms.

We can't test everyone. But I am curious to know what percentage of tests being given are coming back negative. Since we are giving the tests primarily to people right now with symptoms it would be interesting to see.
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We can't test everyone. But I am curious to know what percentage of tests being given are coming back negative. Since we are giving the tests primarily to people right now with symptoms it would be interesting to see.
Last I saw it was a 10% positive rate

We need that to be lower therefor test more
[Reply]
O.city 07:29 PM 03-22-2020
You test so you know where it’s at and who to isolate

Not testing is flying blind. Once you get it under control, you use testing and medical surveillance to know if you have potential hot spots etc
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:31 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
So why is Louisiana and Bama getting hit so hard with this thing? Just seems like a strange place for it to grow so rampant.
There are a lot of people with diabetes and other underlying health conditions in those states.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:31 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

I have heard that 10% globally but if we are only giving tests to people who have symptoms and that is the case then 10% may not be all that bad. We do need to it be lower but if 9 out of 10 people who show symptoms are not positive then that's a good thing.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:32 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
There are a lot of people with diabetes and other underlying health conditions in those states.
Are we sure the virus isn’t racist?!?!
[Reply]
Monticore 07:33 PM 03-22-2020

Is there a false negative rate?
[Reply]
O.city 07:34 PM 03-22-2020
There’s a lot of studies coming out now showing the potential high rate of asymptomatic people, potentially 30% of infections

If that’s the case you really need to ramp up the testing way high and do serological tests to see who’s had it and is now immune
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:34 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Why would North Dakota need to be shut down vs a place like New York?

You have a very basic lack of fundamental understanding about which country you live in.

This is not a person-squashed-in-every-cranny european nation.

It doesn't make sense in this country to give the federal government all the power.

And the founders knew it.
every state has big cities gochiefs.

I would bet money Fargo has a few cases.
[Reply]
TLO 07:36 PM 03-22-2020
There’s a lot of studies coming out now showing the potential high rate of asymptomatic people, potentially 30% of infections

If that’s the case you really need to ramp up the testing way high and do serological tests to see who’s had it and is now immune
If that's the case, do they fall into the 80% mild category?
[Reply]
Page 635 of 3903
« First < 135535585625631632633634635 63663763863964568573511351635 > Last »
Up