ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 585 of 3903
« First < 85485535575581582583584585 58658758858959563568510851585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:24 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Is it a good time to invest ?
Wait for the DJIA to sink below 15,000.
[Reply]
eDave 05:25 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So after being told I was off the next 2 weeks my manager called just now saying report Monday. I asked wtf is going on and they had no idea. This is annoying.
Call in sick.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:25 PM 03-21-2020
Is it a good time to invest ?
Sure, try the Hotel and Cruise lines.:-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:28 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
WTF man?

Every single posts he makes on this topic is the most dramatic and over the top negative response.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:28 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
if it was only the US doing it I would be freaked but every country is planning or is already knee deep in a lockdown.

america will look like they are on a suicide mission if we don't shutdown at some point.
WE ARE NOT EVERY OTHER COUNTRY! My God! We were founded to be different than every other country. We are different from every other country historically, politically, socially, economically and geographically. We have a different healthcare system than every other country.

You can look at countries for ideas on what to do or not do, but you cannot just accept that their answers are our answers. That is just madness.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:28 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Sure, try the Hotel and Cruise lines.:-)
I guess the price on cruise ships will drop I should put in an offer on one.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:29 PM 03-21-2020
I also forgot the world champion Kanas City Chiefs football team, but yeah food kind of fits in there somewhere.
Preach it brother. :-)
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:31 PM 03-21-2020
https://www.propublica.org/article/a...young-patients

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients
“It first struck me how different it was when I saw my first coronavirus patient go bad. I was like, Holy shit, this is not the flu. Watching this relatively young guy, gasping for air, pink frothy secretions coming out of his tube.”

As of Friday, Louisiana was reporting 479 confirmed cases of COVID-19, one of the highest numbers in the country. Ten people had died. The majority of cases are in New Orleans, which now has one confirmed case for every 1,000 residents. New Orleans had held Mardi Gras celebrations just two weeks before its first patient, with more than a million revelers on its streets.

I spoke to a respiratory therapist there, whose job is to ensure that patients are breathing well. He works in a medium-sized city hospital’s intensive care unit. (We are withholding his name and employer, as he fears retaliation.) Before the virus came to New Orleans, his days were pretty relaxed, nebulizing patients with asthma, adjusting oxygen tubes that run through the nose or, in the most severe cases, setting up and managing ventilators. His patients were usually older, with chronic health conditions and bad lungs.

Since last week, he’s been running ventilators for the sickest COVID-19 patients. Many are relatively young, in their 40s and 50s, and have minimal, if any, preexisting conditions in their charts. He is overwhelmed, stunned by the manifestation of the infection, both its speed and intensity. The ICU where he works has essentially become a coronavirus unit. He estimates that his hospital has admitted dozens of confirmed or presumptive coronavirus patients. About a third have ended up on ventilators.

His hospital had not prepared for this volume before the virus first appeared. One physician had tried to raise alarms, asking about negative pressure rooms and ventilators. Most staff concluded that he was overreacting. “They thought the media was overhyping it,” the respiratory therapist told me. “In retrospect, he was right to be concerned.”

He spoke to me by phone on Thursday about why, exactly, he has been so alarmed. His account has been condensed and edited for clarity.

“Reading about it in the news, I knew it was going to be bad, but we deal with the flu every year so I was thinking: Well, it’s probably not that much worse than the flu. But seeing patients with COVID-19 completely changed my perspective, and it’s a lot more frightening.”

This is knocking out what should be perfectly fit, healthy people.

“I have patients in their early 40s and, yeah, I was kind of shocked. I’m seeing people who look relatively healthy with a minimal health history, and they are completely wiped out, like they’ve been hit by a truck. This is knocking out what should be perfectly fit, healthy people. Patients will be on minimal support, on a little bit of oxygen, and then all of a sudden, they go into complete respiratory arrest, shut down and can’t breathe at all.”

They suddenly become unresponsive or go into respiratory failure.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:31 PM 03-21-2020
if it was only the US doing it I would be freaked but every country is planning or is already knee deep in a lockdown.

america will look like they are on a suicide mission if we don't shutdown at some point.

The article recently posted that you didn’t read but felt confident in debunking disputes (with data) the idea that we are doing as bad many suggests in dealing with this.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:32 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The article recently posted that you didn’t read but felt confident in debunking disputes (with data) the idea that we are doing as bad many suggests in dealing with this.
I actually did read it and I know who wrote it that tells me all i need to know about it.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:32 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah there's nothing better than seeing people cheer for shutting it all down when they personally don't have a job that gets immediately ended by such a policy.
:-)

Nobody is cheering. JFC.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:33 PM 03-21-2020

You're scarring suzzer.
Knock it off!
[Reply]
sedated 05:36 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
WE ARE NOT EVERY OTHER COUNTRY! My God! We were founded to be different than every other country. We are different from every other country historically, politically, socially, economically and geographically. We have a different healthcare system than every other country.

You can look at countries for ideas on what to do or not do, but you cannot just accept that their answers are our answers. That is just madness.
Ah yes, the "because 'Merica!!" mindset.

There is literally a roadmap on how to deal with this, and how not to deal with this, playing out across the world. This isn't a political stand to take, or blindly pound our chests and say "we are just better and that'll get us through"

(And btw, USA does have a different healthcare system, and it's also one of the worst among developed countries because it's one of the few based on profit over actual healthcare)
[Reply]
wazu 05:37 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)

Nobody is cheering. JFC.
Agree. My next post was to say "advocating" would've been a better choice of words.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:39 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Everyone should read this:

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine...9-1b767def5894
I would like to know where he is getting his numbers and the break down. Because it is completely different from every other website.
[Reply]
Page 585 of 3903
« First < 85485535575581582583584585 58658758858959563568510851585 > Last »
Up