ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 531 of 3903
« First < 31431481521527528529530531 53253353453554158163110311531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:34 PM 03-20-2020
Guys my aunt posted a picture of some tanks on Facebook. Does this mean the national guard is taking over?
[Reply]
TLO 02:35 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
2nd case has been identified at my wife's work. She outed herself via Facebook to let people know who may have been in proximity to her. It's actually someone I've met before.

The kicker, I wish I was joking, she's young and over the weekend was volunteering to pick up supplies for anyone that couldn't. She was notified on Monday that she may have been in contact with someone who tested positive and on Tuesday was feeling sluggish and tired with a slight cough. Because she is diabetic :-) she took herself in for a test and was notified within 24 hours that she was positive. Says been at home and says she's already feeling better today.
Glad to hear she's doing well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Posting that crap without a verifiable source should get you banned.
Clay's been straddling that line pretty tight for a few days now...
[Reply]
wazu 02:40 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah but it livens things up a little.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:40 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This is coming from direct on the ground reports from citizens as to what lockdown looks like. It's not disputed. People have family in other countries. The govt can't just lie about something so easily disproven. My boss's parents live in Chongqing. She told me what the less restrictive lockdown looks like there.

Regarding the bigger picture stuff - I’ve read a few unbiased epidemiologists or other experts who say they think China is being pretty truthful for once right now (after their initial attempt at cover up/denial).

Seems like unless you’re going to somehow try to cover up massive deaths (like Iran seems to be doing) ultimately lying is only going to delay the inevitable and make it worse.
Details? I wanna hear the deets. Unfortunately I can see this happening more in Iran than in China.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:40 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Stop it.

Residents can still go to the grocery stores, put gas in their cars, take walks outside and make pharmacy runs. All local roads, including the interstate highways and tollways, will remain open to traffic, as well.

Suburban Oak Park also issued a shelter-in-place order as of 12:01 a.m. Friday, after two emergency room physicians at Rush Oak Park Hospital tested positive for COVID-19. Residents have been ordered to stay in their homes except for “essential” travel as outlined by village ordinance. They can go to work, for example, if their businesses remain open, especially if they have essential jobs such as first responders, sanitation workers or health care providers.
How much of your personal freedoms are you willing to give up to stop a supposed public health threat that is statistically less prevalent than the seasonal flu and car accidents?

Are you willing to submit a written approval form to local authorities to leave your house? That is happening in Italy and France now.

Are you okay with martial law being declared? The Governor of California openly said that is a possibility.

Go on record now and say what your threshold is for continuing to surrender your personal freedom.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 02:40 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I can relate this situation to raising hogs as we had to deal with disease all the time. We've vaccinated for coronavirus for years although it was a different strain.

What the Hog industry found out many years ago is that the higher the population within a barn the more rampant a virus would be on the herd. the [U]microbial density magnifies the higher the population in a confined area.[U]

We learned to NOT keep hogs in rooms with a population of 5000 and to reduce the room size to a population of 500.

I would think the same holds true with humans. People living in densely populated areas( NY,LA,etc...) are going to get hit the hardest. People living and working rural will not be affected so much.
KDHE Secretary Dr. Lee Norman essentially said the same thing today in his presser when comparing rural parts of the state (he mentioned Garden City) vs more populated parts of the state (JoCo & the Dotte).
[Reply]
Donger 02:42 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
How...
I'll be happy to discuss it in DC, not here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:43 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've been sticking to the "non-political" rule.

Were there other rules? Perhaps we need official ground rules for this thread.

Personally I want to see all information, be it rumor or published fact. Please and thank you.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:52 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Oh come on. SO GODDAMN CONFOUNDING.

I'll bet that yellow map would look almost IDENTICAL if you mapped the most common hotspots for CHINESE TRAVELERS. This is bullshit pseudostatistics. Show me how this controls for confounding factors and then we'll talk. Until then this is some lazy false-equivalence.

Studies are showing effectiveness in the malaria drug in treating the virus. Thats becoming much more researched and established. That’s the main point. The maps are an interesting visual to go along with it. Also, the virus has been all over the world basically at this point. It doesn’t take multiple travelers to cause a quick spread so it’s possible their is something to it and it’s worth monitoring. India has had this virus for plenty of time now to have a huge case count but it isn’t happening and understanding why matters, with their use of the drug being a possible contributor.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:55 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I've been sticking to the "non-political" rule.

Were there other rules? Perhaps we need official ground rules for this thread.

Personally I want to see all information, be it rumor or published fact. Please and thank you.
The idea is to keep the thread from being muddled with bullshit and misinformation. At least that's my interpretation.

If you wanna float conspiracy rumors, D.C if rife with it. Have fun.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:57 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The idea is to keep the thread from being muddled with bullshit and misinformation. At least that's my interpretation.

[Reply]
MahiMike 02:58 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
How ya liking this whole "global economy" thing now?
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:00 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Details? I wanna hear the deets. Unfortunately I can see this happening more in Iran than in China.
There were supposedly some satellite photos of them digging mass graves. But from everything we know their #s should probably be worse than Italy's and remain suspiciously low.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:00 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Excellent. I agree this is a noble idea.
[Reply]
Page 531 of 3903
« First < 31431481521527528529530531 53253353453554158163110311531 > Last »
Up