ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 525 of 3903
« First < 25425475515521522523524525 52652752852953557562510251525 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 01:31 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Pretentious? Am I the person that's been spreading falsehoods in this thread?

No.

I am the person claiming to be a health care professional when in reality, I'm not?

No.

That would be YOU, pete.
:-):-):-):-):-)

Oh yes, you are....Mr. 25 Million who thinks we can test 350 million people
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:31 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I understand your point of view, but you realize even South Korea hasn't tested even 1% of their population.
Of course.

The point is that people that want to be tested because they *think* they might be infected can't just walk in somewhere to be tested because of the lack of tests available.

No one knows how many Americans are carrying the virus, which is why the so many states and municipalities are choosing to end their academic school year and asking (or in some cases, ordering) their citizens to stay at home.

It's going to be weeks, if not months, before anyone knows the scope of the spread.
[Reply]
Fish 03-20-2020, 01:32 PM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
DaFace 01:33 PM 03-20-2020
Well, we went a long time before this thread turned into a shit show.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:33 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Not only are you pretentious, you have a reading comprehension problem. Please just out me on ignore and go back in your bubble and cry because we haven't tested 350 million people.
Bubble? I'm not the person posting the falsehood that positive tests are rising because anyone can get tested.

That's a completely and utter falsehood.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:34 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, we went a long time before this thread turned into a shit show.
Sorry, man....didn't mean to go there.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:35 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I understand your point of view, but you realize even South Korea hasn't tested even 1% of their population.
I have no idea why people think we can test our way out of this. If you are sick stay home. If you are really sick seek medical care. It will run its course in short time. Testing honestly doesn't change much of anything.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:35 PM 03-20-2020
Bubble? I'm not the person posting the falsehood that positive tests are rising because anyone can get tested.

That's a completely and utter falsehood.
Again, Dane, I never said ANYONE could get tested. In fact I have been fairly consistent on why ANYONE cannot get tested.

You on the other hand are mad because we haven't tested everyone in the country.
[Reply]
Donger 01:35 PM 03-20-2020
The masks that most people are wearing? they don't do shit. And the doctors here will tell you that. Washing your hands and keeping away from sick people is the best thing still.
You didn't qualify it as that when you stated it. And yes, N95 and other respirators are much more effective against the virus. But even a dust mask can stop droplet transmission.
[Reply]
burt 01:35 PM 03-20-2020

You're COMPLETELY full of shit.
Dane...why must you always exaggerate??!! I bet he's only 97% full....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:35 PM 03-20-2020
:-):-):-):-):-)

Oh yes, you are....Mr. 25 Million who thinks we can test 350 million people
Never once did I claim that 25 million could be tested, pete.

The fact of the matter is that a very, very small percentage of Americans have been tested and those that have been tested have shown advanced symptoms.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:36 PM 03-20-2020
AYou on the other hand are mad because we haven't tested everyone in the country.
There is no one in this thread that believes this to be true, pete.

More false posting.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:37 PM 03-20-2020
Of course.

The point is that people that want to be tested because they *think* they might be infected can't just walk in somewhere to be tested because of the lack of tests available.

No one knows how many Americans are carrying the virus, which is why the so many states and municipalities are choosing to end their academic school year and asking (or in some cases, ordering) their citizens to stay at home.

It's going to be weeks, if not months, before anyone knows the scope of the spread.
Right because that wouldn't help the problem. Again the WHO/CDC said 93% of test being done right now are negative.

Those tests are being sent to specific hot zones. So we wont know for months how bad it was. But that has nothing to do with the USA's ability. It has everything to do with China's bullshit in not telling the world correct information.

We have moved patient zero all the way back to 11/7 now... So for 2 whole months China let its citizens fly all around the world.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:37 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You didn't qualify it as that when you stated it. And yes, N95 and other respirators are much more effective against the virus. But even a dust mask can stop droplet transmission.
Actually I did but whatever.
[Reply]
Fish 01:38 PM 03-20-2020
Missouri coronavirus cases nearly double, from 28 to 47

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The number of COVID-19 cases in Missouri nearly doubled on Friday, going from 28 to to 47, as officials throughout the state sought to get ahead of the coronavirus crisis.

State health officials said St. Louis County and Kansas City have the most cases, with seven each, while Greene County has six. Pulaski, Scott and St. Charles counties each reported their first cases. A person in Boone County is the state’s only known death from the virus.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:39 PM 03-20-2020
I would like it very much if Dane and Pete would just put each other on ignore.
[Reply]
Page 525 of 3903
« First < 25425475515521522523524525 52652752852953557562510251525 > Last »
Up