ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you believe this team and win @Bal & @NE?
Yes 148 70.81%
No 61 29.19%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you believe this team can win @Bal AND @NE in January?
staylor26 07:25 PM 12-02-2019
Do you feel confident in this team to get to the SB as the 3/4 seed?
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:40 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The Kelce drop turned into the Williams touchdown anyway.

Like I said, there are reasons to toss the results out. The last two games have been in tough conditions and the Titans game was excellent.

But I don't think you want to just hand-waive anything. And to say that he's not playing to the 50 TD, 5,000 yard level he was last year isn't unfair either.
Having a bad ankle sprain and then your knee popped out of the socket will do that to a QB. So I was happy to see him move well and show great quickness getting that rushing TD. His mobility was really hampering his game and now teams will have to take that into account.

The offense has been decimated by injuries this year. I think the Faders game was only the 2nd complete one that Kelce, Hill and Mahomes played together. I believe they are just starting to get it together.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:44 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I don't really care for it.

In that situation, stand in the pocket and let guys move around. You can't really see downfield early so I don't know what was happening, but I just can't get on board with leaving clean pockets.

And I like the A-Team. If it's on, i'm watching it.
Is this the same pocket that crumbled in seconds against the Chargers-Yes

Is this the same Fisher that barely got a hand on Bosa the week before- Yes

Is this the same O-line that was giving up tons of pressure all day to the Faders- Yes

Would you trust your career to these guys?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 12-03-2019
I don't think you can make a living off those things. It's like Lamar and his rushing. As a QB, that can't be where you make your hay.

Throwing on time within the offense from the pocket, in structure first and foremost. That's where he's gotta make the $. If it's not there, sure, leave.

Maybe it wasn't there on this one and he just left, I dunno can't see it that well.
That's what I'm seeing.

I suspect Hill was his first read on a deep ball, then Kelce in the middle, then maybe Watkins as a 3rd read and Williams releasing late as an outlet.

He sure appears to look at Hill first and then to Kelce. I don't see him give a turn back to Watkins but it's hard to know for sure. He does appear to recognize that Williams has been washed out and that's when he breaks right.

By my eyes he recognizes the play has failed and he moves to his right to find space/time and hope something breaks open.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 12-03-2019
That's what I'm seeing.

I suspect Hill was his first read on a deep ball, then Kelce in the middle, then maybe Watkins as a 3rd read and Williams releasing late as an outlet.

He sure appears to look at Hill first and then to Kelce. I don't see him give a turn back to Watkins but it's hard to know for sure. He does appear to recognize that Williams has been washed out and that's when he breaks right.

By my eyes he recognizes the play has failed and he moves to his right to find space/time and hope something breaks open.

This was the one obvious throw that the wind took. Not a bad decision from Mahomes on a regular day but maybe not with gusting winds. Watkins lets the CB carry him to the left seam where he stops the CB keeps moving with Mahomes and Watkins is wide open for a TD on a normal day pic.twitter.com/aP8VWfJ7Wg

— Daniel Harms (inharmsway19) (@D_Harms19) December 3, 2019

Here's the 22. You're right, theres not much there.

Frankly, the best play is probably step up and to the left and just run for the first.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Is this the same pocket that crumbled in seconds against the Chargers-Yes

Is this the same Fisher that barely got a hand on Bosa the week before- Yes

Is this the same O-line that was giving up tons of pressure all day to the Faders- Yes

Would you trust your career to these guys?
If that's the case, he needs to sit out or something. You've gotta trust those guys, even when they've shown you shouldn't
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:55 AM 12-03-2019
The problem is that Hardman simply can't be trusted to know the route tree at this point.

Mahomes has such a great grasp of this offense that he KNOWS where guys are supposed to be and he's gonna throw to that spot expecting them to be there. Meanwhile, by most accounts, it's virtually impossible for a rookie to absorb the playbook in a single season and Hardman is green even for a rookie given his lack of development at UGA.

Hardman was always a long-game guy; a ceiling over floor pick. Had they gone with McLaurin I would say that's a viable option. But I just don't see how you can put someone like Hardman out there as a starter. It's not because he may not be as effective as Watkins (he almost certainly would be), it's because the plays in-between could be far more disastrous.

A QB throwing to 1 spot when the WR runs to another is how pick 6s happen in the post-season. I just can't talk myself into starting Hardman despite how tired I am of seeing Watkins.

That said...you could probably convince me to start Pringle. 2nd year in the system, gets plenty of practice reps, has a physical style similar to Sammy so he could be used in the same ways.

I'm just !@#$ing done with Sammy Watkins, man.
I hear you. And I don't know WTF I'd do if I were Reid. If Sammy can just catch the goddamned ball in space ONCE a game, he can do so much more than Pringle. The fact that it is a difficult decision is an endictment of Watkins.

I mean after Hill went out of the Jags game, he straight up schooled Jalen Ramsey who was hilariously crying on the sideline. THAT dude should be able to find space in this offense especially with Hill back.

It's another play where Fisher gets a pressure that wasn't on him. Pat keeps drifting backwards.

Step up and stand in the pocket.
Now let's remember who we're dealing with on this one.

Patrick Mahomes truly does that 4D chess shit out there. There's at least a fair chance here that Mahomes is rolling out to change a throwing lane. He does it a lot.

Watkins was open on that play precisely because Mahomes rolled right. It drew the defenders across the field to follow him. If he stays in the pocket, the coverage wouldn't have broken down the way it did.

Gotta take the good with the bad there. Sometimes I agree - he flushes early. But sometimes I think he does it precisely to break down the secondary and create something from nothing. If his guys were blanketed downfield, he may have just been trying to force guys of their spots by shifting throwing angles.

To borrow from a truly terrible movie, he's Pike from the A-Team shooting a bazooka into the side of a boat. When the other guy's plan seems to be working and you don't have a perfect answer, you just blow everything to hell to create chaos and see who improvises better. I'd take Mahomes in that contest every time.
I hadn't considered the throwing angle thing, but losing composure isn't what I'd describe Mahomes as. My guess is that on the long term, it is an exercise in futility to try and rely on the interior OL.
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 12-03-2019

This play is hilarious.

Defense gets it right here. Quick pressure, contains well, has a good player on Kelce. Mahomes and Kelce are just better. pic.twitter.com/N9LxlwcayD

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) December 3, 2019

Yeah, I'm thinking Kelce didn't know what to do or what he was supposed to do here.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 12-03-2019
And also, can we please scrap any play where we ask a Tight End to block a DE? Please, for the love of god.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:04 AM 12-03-2019
If that's the case, he needs to sit out or something. You've gotta trust those guys, even when they've shown you shouldn't
The line was folding in 2 seconds all day- but Mahomes is supposed to stand there and trust them when his initial reads were covered?

You are complaining about Mahomes drifting out of the pocket where the wind knocked down a sure TD in any other conditions.

:-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:06 AM 12-03-2019
Are you saying Mahomes needs to sit out?
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 12-03-2019
No, not at all.

I'm saying he needs to stay in the pocket when he can. If guys aren't open like they weren't there, leave it like he did. I was wrong about that one for sure.

I'd still like to see him go up and forward more than out the back to the right but that's his thing.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:08 AM 12-03-2019

Yeah, I'm thinking Kelce didn't know what to do or what he was supposed to do here.
Mahomes can't even roll out for a bootleg without the Oline giving up instant pressure.

Any other QB would have been sacked multiple times with such shitty Oline play.
[Reply]
Sully 11:13 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes can't even roll out for a bootleg without the Oline giving up instant pressure.

Any other QB would have been sacked multiple times with such shitty Oline play.
Because the O Line isn't responsible for blocking the edge on a rollout...
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 12-03-2019
That's a prime example though. If Kelce runs the right route, which I'm assuming is supposed to be a crosser to the other side of the field, you've got Watkins beating his man across the field.

They can't keep making these little mistakes late in the season like that.
[Reply]
Sully 11:23 AM 12-03-2019
That's a prime example though. If Kelce runs the right route, which I'm assuming is supposed to be a crosser to the other side of the field, you've got Watkins beating his man across the field.

They can't keep making these little mistakes late in the season like that.
That's definitely possible, that he is supposed to run a corner or something there, but he may also have the green light when he sees outside coverage to just sit. I'd actually say that's pretty likely.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up