ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?
BigRichard 07:00 PM 11-07-2019
I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:22 AM 12-17-2019
Whats the etiquette on when movie details are allowed to be posted in here without spoilers?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:57 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Whats the etiquette on when movie details are allowed to be posted in here without spoilers?
The Monday after the weekend premiere
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There's a spoiler thread - I would imagine that this one should probably be kept spoiler-free and any conversation w/ spoilers should go the the spoiler thread.

Afterall, this appears to be a haven for the "fuck those guys, I'm waiting for the rental" crowd so it would seem that details should remain spoilered or put in the other thread.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:55 AM 12-18-2019
It's getting trashed on Rotten Tomatoes, but after TLJ, I could give a shit about what "critics" say.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:59 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It's getting trashed on Rotten Tomatoes, but after TLJ, I could give a shit about what "critics" say.
I'll definitely see it but expectations are lowered for me. Hoping I'll enjoy it
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:56 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Disney didn't pay reviewers their normal bribe/fee for decent reviews
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:09 PM 12-18-2019
I plan on seeing it. When the rush dies down of course, so probably after the 2nd week or so it's been out.

I didnt grow up a Star Wars kid but i am a fan of sci-fi and popcorn movies. And all of the hate generated by long time franchise fans has only peaked my interest more.

Matter of fact, over the last two weeks ive found myself submerging into the lore and films. Something i never thought i'd do. I started watching the Mandalorian just a few days ago and recently revisited some of the original films. Though i am certainly not invested enough yet to sit through an animated series or watch all of the spin offs and side stories.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:22 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Though i am certainly not invested enough yet to sit through an animated series or watch all of the spin offs and side stories.
Rogue One is most definitely worth your time. The 3rd Act may be the best of all of the Star Wars films and the ending of that film leads directly to the Opening Scene of A New Hope. It's like an automatic continuation.

I've said it before but for me, the best trilogy is Rogue One, A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. If it weren't for Episode IV and V, Rogue One would be my favorite by a wide margin.

Solo: A Star Wars Story is fun but not required viewing. The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels are both excellent, especially from Seasons 2 and on (Season 1 of both series really take some patience before they take off but once they do, it's a great ride). The Clone Wars series puts Anakin in a different light and his adventures with Obi Wan, the Mandalorians, etc. are stuff of legend.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:00 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Rogue One is most definitely worth your time. The 3rd Act may be the best of all of the Star Wars films and the ending of that film leads directly to the Opening Scene of A New Hope. It's like an automatic continuation.

I've said it before but for me, the best trilogy is Rogue One, A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. If it weren't for Episode IV and V, Rogue One would be my favorite by a wide margin.

Solo: A Star Wars Story is fun but not required viewing. The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels are both excellent, especially from Seasons 2 and on (Season 1 of both series really take some patience before they take off but once they do, it's a great ride). The Clone Wars series puts Anakin in a different light and his adventures with Obi Wan, the Mandalorians, etc. are stuff of legend.
Interesting. Yeah maybe if i find myself getting engulfed by the lore (i'm kind of a lore nerd) i'll check it out.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:15 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Interesting. Yeah maybe if i find myself getting engulfed by the lore (i'm kind of a lore nerd) i'll check it out.
It would be interesting to hear the perspective of someone who entered Star Wars in a world where Rogue One already exists.

For those who 'experienced it in real-time' the swashbuckling saga started smack dab in the middle, but we were too gobsmacked by the revolutionary storytelling to worry too much about how we got there. Then 40 years later we get a backstory that's not only plausible but moving.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:22 PM 12-18-2019
Rogue One and Solo were both awesome. Both better than Force Awakens and exponentially better than Last Jedi.

IMO Solo captured the fun, swashbuckling feel of the original more than any of the other movies. Sucks that it paid the price at the box office for the steaming turd that was Last Jedi, sort of like the kid who gets sent to the principal's office for disrupting class by turning around after the true offender kicked the back of his seat for 10 minutes.
[Reply]
notorious 05:06 PM 12-18-2019
Rogue One was ****ing awesome. The critics that are saying there was too much fan service can get ****ed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:30 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Rogue One and Solo were both awesome. Both better than Force Awakens and exponentially better than Last Jedi.

IMO Solo captured the fun, swashbuckling feel of the original more than any of the other movies.
Solo most definitely captured that aspect of the original Star Wars movie (I still have difficulty calling it "A New Hope" because it was Star Wars for years before it was changed to Episode 4: A New Hope). It's a great film from top to bottom: Casting, acting, direction, VFX and good grief, the characters! I've watched it at least 20 times since its release in theaters and digital and I tend to enjoy even more with each subsequent viewing.

Rogue One captures the Rebellion unlike any other film, while showing Imperial machinations at their height. I don't want to spoil anything for our friend Detoxing but IMO, it's a Must-See Star Wars film.

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It would be interesting to hear the perspective of someone who entered Star Wars in a world where Rogue One already exists.

For those who 'experienced it in real-time' the swashbuckling saga started smack dab in the middle, but we were too gobsmacked by the revolutionary storytelling to worry too much about how we got there. Then 40 years later we get a backstory that's not only plausible but moving.
Excellent suggestion and observation. It'll be fun to read Detoxing's "review" of Rogue One after he's seen it for the first time.

I was so blown away by Rogue One that I saw it more than a few times in IMAX, which was an incredible experience.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:35 PM 12-18-2019
Solo and Rogue One were both great.

HOnestly, i think alot of fans are just kinda tired of the Skywalker saga.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:37 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
HOnestly, i think alot of fans are just kinda tired of the Skywalker saga.
I don't think that's the case, as its weekend opening will be in excess of $450 million worldwide.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up