ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 72
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:33 PM 11-29-2019
Why is 5-56 in here talking shit? The highlight of his weekend is going to Lowes.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:35 PM 11-29-2019
The buyout really ain't shit and it's about to go down even more. If they want to get rid of him bad enough, they can absolutely afford the 2.2 mil or whatever it'll be come Sunday.

I think it'd come down to enough people putting in the money to help buy a coach that isn't a sack of ass. If they can't get enough commitments than he might be here to stay.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:47 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Sec East < Big 12
Kansas > your lame troll attempt
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:53 PM 11-29-2019

Mizzou completes a comeback to beat Arkansas 24-14. They finish their season at 6-7, just shy of bowl eligibility if you factor in their loss to the NCAA.

— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) November 29, 2019

[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:34 PM 11-29-2019
Every time PB diarrhea's in here, I'm glad he's not our fucking problem.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:42 PM 11-29-2019
So since I've seen this before I'll chime in.

I just dont think you fire Odom to fire him and I'm not sure you would get anyone atleast this year that's a slam dunk.

What MU should do is force Dooley out and give Odom clear instructions either improve next year or you're gone and if something embarrassing happens like losing to a midmajor Sterk shouldnt be safe either.

Regardless of when it happens a new coach gets 4-5 years regardless. I think that's hard for some fans to accept because there will be struggles along the way that require patience. No shot at your fan base but I'm not sure how many would sit back and take back to back 5-7 years with Harsin.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:06 PM 11-29-2019
I get what you're saying, but I think there are a few problems here with Odom.

1. I think the fan base is fed up. This is going to have a big reflection on the gate in 2020 if status quo is the answer.

2. Not a lot of reason to be confident that he can get the coordinator hire right. He's totally bungled a lot of moves with his assistants in his four years.

3. The direction the program is headed under Odom. I just don't think you can look at all what has transpired and think man, this guy is really gonna take us somewhere for reasons x, y and z.

His record is just abysmal against winning teams, he can't keep in-state recruits in state for fucking shit and there's just no actual path here. The only vision I see in retaining Barry is that MU wants to continue to be cheap fucking twats.

4. Basically circles around number three. He was handed a golden QB prospect that got to spend time with an excellent coach for a brief period and had the easiest pathing in the world to make some noise early and just totally took a shit in his hand and slid down the railing for awhile.

The only real positive in his entire era was the guy that left to replace Scott Frost at UCF and well that was lightning in a bottle more than a guy that has a plan.

With a Nike elite product running his Offense, the best he could muster up was a couple of mediocre bowl runs with streaks of falling into beating up stupid shitty teams with coaching upheaval and proceeding to trip over his own dick with the extra time that afforded him.

Another year of Barry Odom is sitting there with the thinnest, shittiest fucking coat hanger you could possibly find--trying to fish your keys out from way back underneath the drivers seat on a cold snowy Christmas Eve. Your kids and wife are at home hungry and tired, waiting for you but you'll die in the parking lot at Piggly Wiggly trying to get your goddamn Suzuki key back. You poor stupid fuck.....which would be any MU fan that clings on to the roller coaster of stupidity for 2020 in Columbia.

I don't blame him for taking the job and I think he's done the most that he could do, but fuck I think at some point enough is enough. It's just time to finally admit the obvious that he never should have been given the job in the first place and it's just not going to work. No more true son bullshit. Get the right fucking person.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:14 PM 11-29-2019
3-22 against teams with winning records and 5 game losing streaks in 3 of his 4 years....

It astounds me anyone believes he can figure it out.

I mean hell this year the rock bottom low should've been 8 wins.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:31 PM 11-29-2019
I think Kelly Bryant was more fucked up health wise than they were willing to say.

But with that said, I just don't see how anyone can positively spin the direction this program is headed. There's no silver lining for tomorrow. Just plug in another transfer QB maybe and maybe aspire a future of playing in Shreveport.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:37 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think Kelly Bryant was more fucked up health wise than they were willing to say.

But with that said, I just don't see how anyone can positively spin the direction this program is headed. There's no silver lining for tomorrow. Just plug in another transfer QB maybe and maybe aspire a future of playing in Shreveport.
The path pretty obviously seems like Bazelak, provided he didn't tear his ACL. Robinson is intriguing, but I don't trust anyone on the staff to handle a dual threat QB.

The next coach is going to need to seriously bolster the skill position talent on this team, which is the worst it's been since 2000. These receivers fucking suck, and Albert looks similar to Egnew: a product of his college QB that turns to a pumpkin once said QB is gone.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:19 AM 11-30-2019
I think there’s a decent chance Bazelak or Robinson is better Next year than Bryant was this year, and I’m certain the backup would be better than Powell. So status quo should see an improvement at QB.

But the lack of talent at WR is concerning. They’ve recruited RB well as a program but that’s really about it.

Lack of playmakers at DE and WR is a real concern in a league that drips talent at those spots.

I think he’s out today. I’m not certain of it, but think they’ll move on.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 09:52 AM 11-30-2019

BREAKING: Per multiple sources #Mizzou has fired Barry Odom after four seasons. Free story with much more to come: https://t.co/ciaKLNIg0D

— Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) November 30, 2019

[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:54 AM 11-30-2019
Good riddance. Now let's see if our AD can get it right this time.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:00 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Good riddance. Now let's see if our AD can get it right this time.

Hope he can. Didn’t sound like he had a plan as of Wednesday, or at least a concrete one.

His work at Wazzou was pretty bad.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:11 AM 11-30-2019
Shocked that they canned Odom.

I wonder who they can get.

Edited to add: I genuinely believe he should have been given one more season to see what he can do. I don’t like firing coaches after 4 seasons unless they fuck up bad.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 72
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up