ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 72
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Jerm 05:26 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Fucking a shark aside, I just don't know how he would succeed here if he couldn't in Gainesville.
Holy shit lol, I actually forgot about that.

Just been looking up names because I can't possibly fathom another season under Odom...even though it'll probably happen.

Still want Gus, think Auburn will keep him though...Harsin is #2 for me though. I think he'd be a great hire.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 06:53 PM 11-25-2019
Harsin isn't leaving Boise St for Mizzou. He's going blue turf to blue blood only.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11-25-2019, 07:51 PM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia.
OKchiefs 08:49 PM 11-25-2019
Mizzou athletics are a complete shit show. That 10 year social media trend should be done with Mizzou.

2009 - Pinkel has Mizzou near the top of the Big 12, Mike Anderson has Mizzou competitive every year
2019 - Barry Odom and CM (meh)

Depressing
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:22 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The more I watch of Boise and read, the more intrigued I am by Harsin.

Sign me up.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:36 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Harsin isn't leaving Boise St for Mizzou. He's going blue turf to blue blood only.
A lot more demand than possible spots.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:43 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:

Sterk apparently thinks he has a chance.

I don’t think that necessarily means a ton, but he’s going to take a shot at it.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:09 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I don’t think that necessarily means a ton, but he’s going to take a shot at it.
Man I hope so...think it'd be a great hire and being realistic, probably the best option we could get.

I still have my reservations on if Sterk will actually pull the trigger, I think he absolutely has to but I could see him retaining Odom just as easily. I hope I'm wrong...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:19 AM 11-26-2019
Pray that Arky runs Mizzou off the field in a laugher.

That is what will need to happen for Sterk to get the balls to fire Odom after giving him the contract extension previously.

Mizzou needs to be embarrassed. On National TV. Friday is the day.

Come on, Barry. Don't let us down.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:23 AM 11-26-2019
You guys need to quit bumping this thread. Every time it gets bumped, I come in here looking to see the news that Odom has been fired. But, alas, I'm disappointed every time. I mean, after losing 5 straight, including losses to Kentucky, Vandy, and Tennessee, is there really anything else worth talking about when it comes to this crappy coached mess of a team?
[Reply]
Jerm 10:24 AM 11-26-2019
A lot of chatter on PM that the bowl ban ruling is imminent and it doesn't look good...Sterk better not use that as an excuse to keep Odom.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:50 AM 11-26-2019
MU is pretty toothless vs a university willing to fight, so wouldn't surprise me one bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:01 PM 11-26-2019
Ban upheld.

{shrug}

Let's be done with this season and flashy thing this shit from our memories. What a mess.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:10 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

The funny thing is, I actually think Odom did a worse job LAST year.

But the issue is two-fold in how this season should rest with Odom: 1) The quarterback situation was completely unacceptable. As bad as Bryant's been, he's almost certainly the best option we had and that took a transfer hail-mary to get. Odom's handling of the QB position was egregious and with Bryant clearly a poor fit here, we had no plan B. And even plan A took a minor miracle to achieve which suggests a pretty poor process to begin with.

2) Getting back to Bryant's fit - we knew that the Dooley hire really could make/break Odom's career, especially since the consensus is that Dooley was his call. And man, Dooley's done NOTHING to try adjust and find production with this offense. Without Lock, everything fell apart and Dooley had no idea how to fix it. Well, if Dooley is Odom's call, than that blame falls on him as well.

I'm not of the 'he lost the lockerroom' school - I don't think these guys have quit on him. I just think the offense is a shitshow and there's only so much Odom can do on the fly. But this IS a reckoning for a poor QB room and a risky OC hire that certainly appears to have failed.

Ask yourself this question - if Odom had the QB play that Pinkel got starting with Brad Smith going forward, do you think this team fails as badly as it did this year? I don't. To my eyes, this all came down to the QB and his ability to fit in this system. Give Pinkel this kind of mismatch between ability/scheme at the QB position and he'd have had a 5 win season as well. So am I of the mind that Odom is inept? No - just that he's probably about on par with Pinkel over any appreciable timeline.

And if I'm Odom, I start Bazelak on Saturday and pray he kicks ass. Then point to that as your long-term plan and ask for a mulligan at the position. It could also do a little to encourage the fanbase.

Because there's no reason at all to send Kelly Bryant out there to do watered down Alex Smith stuff again at this point.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:36 PM 11-26-2019
NCAA = corrupt organization.

Can’t believe they’re doubling down on their stupidity and upholding their dumbass ruling. Literally, NO ONE, will cooperate with the NCAA in an investigation going forward. What’s the incentive to??

Again, not that it really matters much based on how this season went for Mizzou, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s still complete and utter bullshit.
[Reply]
Sully 12:39 PM 11-26-2019
NCAA sent a very clear message.
Fight us, obstruct, obfuscate, lie, hide... and you will be rewarded.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 40 of 72
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up