ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 41
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
Wallymo 09:50 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So I will predict Kingsley Suamataia, with an outside chance of it being a smokescreen for their WR pick that would be McConkey or Worthy.
Suamataia fits perfectly. Unlike soon-to-be-24 Fautanu, Suamataia is only 21 years old and has plenty of ceiling left.

But I'd be fine with any LT. This talk of giving away the future to move up for a receiver is crazy to me. The hit/miss variance is just too high. Get the surest thing in the first and continue to take second round swings at WR.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:51 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
Suamataia fits perfectly. Unlike soon-to-be-24 Fautanu, Suamataia is only 21 years old and has plenty of ceiling left.

But I'd be fine with any LT. This talk of giving away the future to move up for a receiver is crazy to me. The hit/miss variance is just too high. Get the surest thing in the first and continue to take second round swings at WR.
Kingsley is the surest thing....?
[Reply]
neech 09:52 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Take it for what it’s worth but Nate just said a bit ago that Veach has made it known to virtually every other team that he wants to move up and is “willing to go as high as you’ll let me” when referencing other teams…
Well, he has more access to the behind the scenes then any of us here I would think. If true though, Veach may want to move up only 4-6 spots to get either Kingsley Suamataia or Tyler Guyton.

Moving up more then that we would have to give up valuable picks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:54 AM 04-24-2024

Amon-Ra St. Brown will be signing an extension with the Lions that will make him the highest paid WR in the league. More Lions signings to come. Goff and St. Brown to be in Detroit for the foreseeable future @HonoluluBlues_ @PrideOfDetroit @WorldofIsaac #OnePride #DetroitLions pic.twitter.com/AS9xrMAFwD

— Rickey (@prettyrickey213) April 24, 2024

Sources: The #Lions have a deal for one of the top young talents, agreeing on an extension for WR Amon-Ra St. Brown. He gets 4 years and more than $120M with $77M guaranteed.

The deal done by @JobyBranion of @VanguardSG makes St. Brown the highest-paid WR in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/EIoBNU6jJw

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 24, 2024

Dude obviously has sources
[Reply]
Wallymo 09:54 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Kingsley is the surest thing....?
Again, I'm fine with any LT that can start in short order.

My infatuation with Suamataia is based on his age, position and likely availability at pick 32. And yes, I would consider him a safer pick than the lotto of choices at receiver available at the same pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:58 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:

Dude obviously has sources
Dude is fucking nails.

I'm just going to assume the Chiefs are going LT.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:58 AM 04-24-2024
How bizarre. I heard draft rumors this morning on Sirius about AD Mitchell being off teams board bc of his character concerns and lack of effort (he didn’t interview well in Indy apparently) and this Rickey guy said Mitchell was off many teams boards last night.

I wonder if this is a National guys secret mult?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:00 AM 04-24-2024
Just a run of the mill Twitter insider. They'll last a season or two then get weeded out and the next one pops up.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:07 AM 04-24-2024
Although this one is different in the sheer number of things he gets right. Usually they'll break one or two massive stories before the public knows and ride that clout. This guy or gal is reporting on multiple franchises at damn near real time.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:08 AM 04-24-2024
Although this one is different in the sheer number of things he gets right. Usually they'll break one or two massive stories before the public knows and ride that clout. This guy or gal is reporting on multiple franchises at damn near real time.
Yea, I don't think I've ever seen it quite to this level.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:08 AM 04-24-2024
I'll trust Rickey's reporting here, and it's probably the smart way to play the board.

You're gonna be able to trade up from 64 to get a really good WR and still grab your LT of the future R1 at 32.

Could totally see us picking at 32 and something like 45 to nab Kingsley/Paul + Franklin/Polk.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:11 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'll trust Rickey's reporting here, and it's probably the smart way to play the board.

You're gonna be able to trade up from 64 to get a really good WR and still grab your LT of the future R1 at 32.

Could totally see us picking at 32 and something like 45 to nab Kingsley/Paul + Franklin/Polk.
Yea, it makes a lot of sense on top of Rickey being reliable.
[Reply]
neech 10:18 AM 04-24-2024
In Rickey we trust.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:23 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I wonder if this is a National guys secret mult?

Todd McShay or Mike Mayock trolling motherfuckers
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:39 AM 04-24-2024
FWIW Rickey is absolutely adamant the Chiefs are taking a LT R1
It makes the most sense. There's just so much damn talent at WR that we could honestly take a guy in the 3rd and STILL be hyped about his potential.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 41
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up