ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 258 of 288
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
Molitoth 01:16 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
insanity

I think any QB without clout would be benched after that, lol.
It was an insane decision that I'm glad went right.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:20 PM 12-20-2022
the accuracy of that throw is ridiculous
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:30 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Look at MVS all by himself. If only he had more time.
But the line isn’t an issue I hear…..
[Reply]
DRM08 02:14 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I think any QB without clout would be benched after that, lol.
It was an insane decision that I'm glad went right.
Very poor choice. His only dumb throw of the game I would say, which is improvement from other games recently. But he'll need to continue improving. I don't remember him making a single dumb throw against Buffalo in the playoff game last season. I think he will need a similar level of performance to drag this team past some very good opponents in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:15 PM 12-20-2022
was it dumb? it was right on target
[Reply]
DRM08 02:19 PM 12-20-2022
was it dumb? it was right on target
It was a dumb choice and he's fortunate it worked out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:21 PM 12-20-2022
given his quotes about avoiding turnovers, i'd argue patrick knew he could get away with it
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:22 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yeah, well, your mom is dumb and your dad is dumb, so that makes you a big dumb dumb!!!111
[Reply]
DRM08 02:23 PM 12-20-2022
given his quotes about avoiding turnovers, i'd argue patrick knew he could get away with it
I mean he says the same thing every week about how he needs to be smarter with the ball, yet the turnovers continued happening while he was saying that stuff. He has an aggressive nature and I don't think he can ever completely stop himself from making these type of choices.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:31 PM 12-20-2022
the only way that might have been an INT is if he over threw it. It was a great throw.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:29 PM 12-20-2022
Isn't it crazy that before Mahomes came into this league, all of those DB's would have been swarming in the direction Pat is running, but now defenses stay home on the backside.

Rodgers was my fav QB to watch play before Mahomes, and I know he can do it, but I can't really remember him doing it to the same game-changing level.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I just get back to what some of us said during the Mahomes draft.

Yeah - he does stuff that other guys shouldn't do. But it works 90% of the time. So 'dumb' simply has a different definition for Mahomes than it does for most.

Because there does seem to be some mad scientist logic behind it.

Frankly, his worst turnovers are plays that are more in control than that one was. They're plays where he's trying jedi mind-tricks to move Fred Warner to a different spot on the field and he assumes they'll work....then fires a fastball right into Warner's chest when they don't.

His 'out of control' moments are FAR more in control than commonly accepted, IMO.

You can tell luck from skill by its duration. Patrick Mahomes has been doing this for, what, 7 years now? I think it's safe to say that he doesn't just have a horseshoe up his ass.

Kid knows when he can get away with it and when he can't. Something like that gets run through the same calculus that a simple slant route goes through for mere mortals.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:37 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
the only way that might have been an INT is if he over threw it. It was a great throw.
Worst you can say about it was that it was something of a hospital ball and sometimes those pop up into someone else's hands after the intended target gets his eggs scrambled. Especially when they're late and over the middle.

But again - it ain't his first rodeo.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:40 PM 12-20-2022
given our field position i can't imagine patrick attempts that without being 99.9 percent sure it wasn't going to get picked

if he was just living in the moment, god bless his epic ass :-)
[Reply]
philfree 05:03 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just get back to what some of us said during the Mahomes draft.

Yeah - he does stuff that other guys shouldn't do. But it works 90% of the time. So 'dumb' simply has a different definition for Mahomes than it does for most.

Because there does seem to be some mad scientist logic behind it.

Frankly, his worst turnovers are plays that are more in control than that one was. They're plays where he's trying jedi mind-tricks to move Fred Warner to a different spot on the field and he assumes they'll work....then fires a fastball right into Warner's chest when they don't.

His 'out of control' moments are FAR more in control than commonly accepted, IMO.

You can tell luck from skill by its duration. Patrick Mahomes has been doing this for, what, 7 years now? I think it's safe to say that he doesn't just have a horseshoe up his ass.

Kid knows when he can get away with it and when he can't. Something like that gets run through the same calculus that a simple slant route goes through for mere mortals.
When Mahomes isn't making the crazy throws and plays it's because he's thinking to much. He's still great even then but when he's just playing he's it's another level. He made that throw when he had 3 ints the week before but those throws where more in line with what he was supposed to do.
[Reply]
Page 258 of 288
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268 > Last »
Up