ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 266 of 288
« First < 166216256262263264265266 267268269270276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:24 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I know people hated this, but man if Kelce gets that ball up at worst McKinnon is getting another 10-15 yards with a chance to score.
I didn't hate it at all. As long as the dudes are aware it could be coming, let it rip.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:29 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I didn't hate it at all. As long as the dudes are aware it could be coming, let it rip.
I really thought I was the only one who liked the aggressiveness of it. Just wish he had gotten it up for him to catch it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:32 PM 02-10-2023
I really thought I was the only one who liked the aggressiveness of it. Just wish he had gotten it up for him to catch it.
To me, it was just a tad too far to do it. If Kelce were a yard or so closer to the sideline, it would have been perfect.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:39 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To me, it was just a tad too far to do it. If Kelce were a yard or so closer to the sideline, it would have been perfect.
Ideally, sure. But to me the play was still there, Kelce just didn't get a good enough toss. Luckily, it dropped straight down and McKinnon popped on it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:42 PM 02-10-2023
there's no reason not to try those, just err on the side of the ball going high

that way, if you're off, it just sails out of bounds
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:44 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

You gotta be careful with that, though. If the ball hangs just a little bit, it could turn into a pick 6.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 02-10-2023
You gotta be careful with that, though. If the ball hangs just a little bit, it could turn into a pick 6.
gotta make sure there's no defenders in the area
[Reply]
tredadda 01:57 PM 02-10-2023
I know people hated this, but man if Kelce gets that ball up at worst McKinnon is getting another 10-15 yards with a chance to score.
I only disliked it because it seemed unnecessary. Thankfully McKinnon recovered it. We kept talking about how KC would lose to Cincinnati because of a mistake or two and then we almost create a needless mistake in FG range trying to be cute. Had KC not recovered that ball they lose 3 points which could have once again been the difference. I am curious how many people would have liked that play had Cincinnati recovered and eventually won the game.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:59 PM 02-10-2023

Exactly. It really was a good location on the field to try it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:05 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Exactly. It really was a good location on the field to try it.
this should be practiced so they can execute it flawlessly with no risk

with defenders SWARMING kelce on every play now, it's perfect
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:27 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I only disliked it because it seemed unnecessary. Thankfully McKinnon recovered it. We kept talking about how KC would lose to Cincinnati because of a mistake or two and then we almost create a needless mistake in FG range trying to be cute. Had KC not recovered that ball they lose 3 points which could have once again been the difference. I am curious how many people would have liked that play had Cincinnati recovered and eventually won the game.
There was little chance that the Bengals could recover that ball with the way the play happened. There wasn't anyone within 5 yards of him.

Yes, we could have lost the 3 points if that ball bounces differently, but it just as easily could have been 7 instead. I understand your point though.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:33 PM 02-10-2023
this should be practiced so they can execute it flawlessly with no risk

with defenders SWARMING kelce on every play now, it's perfect
That condition does not exist on a play like that. That's always a high risk play no matter how much it's practiced. The rewards could be hige but the risks are always high. Having said that it could still be beneficial going forward because defenders may think for just a split second that they shouldn't leave their guy to try and tackle the ball carrier if they're worried about that happening.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:58 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That condition does not exist on a play like that. That's always a high risk play no matter how much it's practiced. The rewards could be hige but the risks are always high. Having said that it could still be beneficial going forward because defenders may think for just a split second that they shouldn't leave their guy to try and tackle the ball carrier if they're worried about that happening.
Which means the Chiefs are setup now to FAKE it and generate a big play by NOT doing it. :-)
[Reply]
irafreak 06:13 PM 02-10-2023
That TD throw to MVS was one of the best passes he's ever thrown, IMO.
The throw to mvs that wasn't a touchdown was great placement too. There were 3 defenders there.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:15 PM 02-10-2023
it is weird saying it, but mahomes in the playoffs just looks like regular season mahomes

he's that damn good. all the time.
[Reply]
Page 266 of 288
« First < 166216256262263264265266 267268269270276 > Last »
Up