ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 94
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 07:29 AM 03-13-2019
I'd take that 2nd from the Ford trade and see if Houston would move Clowney.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:30 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So maybe you should consider SAT score smack next time as an interim step?
Nah, we're grown...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:32 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So you're not a Chiefs fan, eh?
Like Alex Only fans, he outed himself with that slip
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I would be stunned if it were anything better than their 3rd at this point.
insert stunned gif
[Reply]
SupDock 07:41 AM 03-13-2019
Dee Ford said he is going to be "like a Ferrari" for the Niners defense.

Expensive and afraid to get damaged?
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:42 AM 03-13-2019
The comp pick for Ford would be end of the third round in 2021. Basically a 4th. Which equates to 5th round value in next year’s 2020 draft. That’s a large difference in value.

Well, while you are using some fuzzy math, I will admit that the value of the picks is more than what I previously implied. Still the value of EDGE>SS makes that worth it.

What I think you’re missing is that Ford clearly doesn’t mesh well with what Spagnuolo wants to do, or he would have been retained. That the money spent on Ford can be spread around on other players who do fit and who are complete players in this system.

Oh, I get that he isn't the perfect "fit" but neither does Mathieu. And it's easier to replace Mathieu at our draft position than it is to replace 80 something QB pressures.

Tying up money on ages 28-32 seasons of a guy who has been healthy and productive 40 percent of the time from 23-27 and who is a complete liability against the run is dangerous, too, regardless of position.

When have I advocated for giving Ford a long term deal? We had him on a 1 year rental, that was relatively cheap when you consider we just paid a FREAKING STRONG SAFETY $14MM PER!!!!
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:44 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So you're not a Chiefs fan, eh?
Oh, you're so smart.

How often do you think I come across Chiefs fans IRL, doofus?
[Reply]
loochy 07:44 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:

More like a Land Rover

Always broken, slow to be repaired, and not really that great
[Reply]
tmax63 07:46 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Absolutely. Veach (and Reid) will be rightly judged over how the defense progresses over the next 2 years. By that time Kelce and Hill will be past their primes —still good years left but on the wrong side of up-and-coming. We’ve got to get this right in short order.
If Hill and Kelce will be past their primes in 2 years then Ford and Houston are "over the hill" already.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:48 AM 03-13-2019
What is it with dudes in the deep south and pining over shitty players?

Tiger with Alex, UChieffy with Berry, this asshole with Ford...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:50 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
insert stunned gif
Everyone who is anyone who has read this thread in its entirety now is well aware that a 2020 2nd is equivalent to a 2019 3rd. So put that gif away... :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Oh, you're so smart.

How often do you think I come across Chiefs fans IRL, doofus?
:-) So your point is you don't meet Chiefs fans in real life....... while posting on an internet message board. Yeah, alright then.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:51 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What is it with dudes in the deep south and pining over shitty players?

Tiger with Alex, UChieffy with Berry, this asshole with Ford...
inbred, and poor education system
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:53 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
LOL... Yall pull so much shit out of yalls asses in order to make a point...

ONE play and Ford doesn't have discipline. How many other flags did he draw all season? Keep in mind that KC was the MOST penalized team in the league last year.

Consistency? When he has been on the field he is consistently one of the better pass rushers in the league...

Durability... this is thing in your post that is true... but KC signed Watkins last year, and Mathieu this year and they have the same issues, and play much less valuable positions.
Dude. It's not just one play. It's a 3rd down play late in the 4th quarter against the Patriots in the AFCC. No, Dee didn't know the ball would be intercepted, but that shouldn't matter, because he should know that an offsides penalty fucks everything up regardless of the outcome of the free play.

He's a fucking idiot. He's always been a fucking idiot. He took fucking forever to figure out how to play in the NFL, and his attitude on and off the field is just too lackadaisical. He's empty headed. Undisciplined.

You heard me. Dee Ford is an undisciplined motherfucker.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:54 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:

Dee Ford playing the run.

[Reply]
Page 51 of 94
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up