ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Colts Hire Chiefs' Player Personal Chris Ballard
Mr. Laz 05:26 PM 01-29-2017
The #Colts have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the #Chiefs.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 29, 2017

It's also been reported that Ballard might take the Chiefs' ST coach Dave Toub with him.

(I thought it deserved to have it's own thread for the people who aren't around much and will see it in the title.)
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:19 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
From a draft standpoint, both Ballard and Dorsey are running laps around Veach. The Chiefs 2018 draft has looked like a big wet fart, while Dorsey has drafted what appears to be gems in Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, and Callaway...and Ballard has been able to draft gems such as Nelson, Leonard, Mack, Hooker over his couple yrs in Indy.

And Veach traded up for Breeland fucking Speaks...sigh. Wasn't a huge fan of the O'Daniel pick, but our LB's are so bad it almost makes him look good, and Nnadi looks like he's JAG. Liked the Watts pick, but of course, he got put onto IR. I mean I guess he hit on Tremon Smith as a KR, a position that no longer matters in the league...woohoo yippee.

Veach also didn't properly address Marcus Peters' departure when it was desperately needed. Amerson and Scandrick are major dumpster fires, and his high priced FA (Hitchens) has played like ass the whole season, the guy should decline his probowl invite...what a fucking joke.

However...Veach gets a pass this year, because he was a big part in the Chiefs drafting Mahomes, even though he technically wasn't GM, which may be the best Chiefs draft pick of all time, much more important than Derrick Thomas.

Mahomes gives Veach some credibility, and deservedly so, but if not for Mahomes, Veach gets a F in my book.

Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist:
Dorsey had 4 out of the first 35 picks, including the 1st and 4th overall. the chiefs' first pick was at 46 overall. Only a dipshit would compare the two.
That was a quick ass kicking. lol
[Reply]
staylor26 08:30 AM 01-03-2019
Yea completely ridiculous to expect Veach to match those guys drafts when he had a late pick and no 1st.

Veach’s draft wasn’t that bad all things considered. It’s his two big free agent signings that have been disappointing.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:39 AM 01-03-2019
The guys Veach drafted 2018 just need to develop and get playing time. I didn't have high expectations we didn't have any high draft picks.

Dee Ford first year was a lost soul but he worked hard to learn the game and i think it was harder for him to "get it" but he finally "got it".

Veach is doing something right we have a bye week in the playoffs with HFA.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:41 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea completely ridiculous to expect Veach to match those guys drafts when he had a late pick and no 1st.

Veach’s draft wasn’t that bad all things considered. It’s his two big free agent signings that have been disappointing.
While comparing picks is pointless, as has already been pointed out, this team really needs its 2nd round picks to contribute more, especially when he traded picks to get Speaks.

Speaks is definitely a disappointment at this point. That being said, he really hit on Tremon Smith IMHO and the trade for Ward looks like it might pay out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:44 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It sucks, but I'm not surprised... cant keep' em all
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep, this.

And it's hard to not take over a team that already has the QB of the future in place. Not a bad place to be.
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Congrats Chris!
NFL success breeds copycats. Poachers of your talent. Our guys getting significant promotions is just a part of that success.

If we are going on a 10 year "Bellicheck/NE" type of a run, we just need to keep the core. Is our core of Mahomes/Reid/Hill comparable to Bellicheck/Brady/Gronk, enough for that 10 year run?
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:46 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist:
Dorsey had 4 out of the first 35 picks, including the 1st and 4th overall. the chiefs' first pick was at 46 overall. Only a dipshit would compare the two.
The Colts got extra picks for trading with the Jets for what became Darnold.

Also, the Browns and Colts had tons of holes to fill. Dorsey/Ballard were just more likely to draft immediate contributors.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:51 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
While comparing picks is pointless, as has already been pointed out, this team really needs its 2nd round picks to contribute more, especially when he traded picks to get Speaks.

Speaks is definitely a disappointment at this point. That being said, he really hit on Tremon Smith IMHO and the trade for Ward looks like it might pay out.
Agreed on Speaks. Derrick Nnadi was also a hit though. He’s been damn good at a position where rookies are rarely that good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:52 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Agreed on Speaks. Derrick Nnandi was also a hit though. He’s been damn good at a position where rookies are rarely that good.
Yep. Solid pick for sure.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:53 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Speaks has 2 good edge rushers preventing him from seeing serious snaps.

K-Pass, OTOH, is a bust in a 3-4 and needs to be traded if we keep the scheme.
[Reply]
FAX 08:54 AM 01-03-2019
It's pretty clear that we've been having difficulty finding edge players who can contribute right away (or possibly ever).

However, it has to be hard to be a "developmental" guy as an edge in a 3-4. That may be the most difficult position on a defense ... first to learn and then to execute. If a player isn't blessed with an elite get-off or some incredible combination of straight line speed and power, the technique required to beat pro tackles takes time to acquire. And of course, there's also the run- and coverage-defense aspects.

I try to remain patient with developmental players and just hope the damn coaches know what they're doing.

I admit that I have to laugh every time I see Speaks faceplant after getting his legs cut by the LT. I was specifically told he's never "on the ground".

FAX
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 01-03-2019
I will say this about Speaks:

He's no KPass. SMH
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 01-03-2019
They've also got 2 really good OLB's ahead of them.

Kpass has been a healthy scratch this year, so I'm guessing he's not a chief next year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:45 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Colts got extra picks for trading with the Jets for what became Darnold.

Also, the Browns and Colts had tons of holes to fill. Dorsey/Ballard were just more likely to draft immediate contributors.
We also have tons of holes, Veach just failed to address most of them.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:47 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They've also got 2 really good OLB's ahead of them.

Kpass has been a healthy scratch this year, so I'm guessing he's not a chief next year.
What a fucking waste those two are.

Kpass looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

Speaks looks like a 40 year old fatass Jane and plays like it too.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:49 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
It's pretty clear that we've been having difficulty finding edge players who can contribute right away (or possibly ever).

However, it has to be hard to be a "developmental" guy as an edge in a 3-4. That may be the most difficult position on a defense ... first to learn and then to execute. If a player isn't blessed with an elite get-off or some incredible combination of straight line speed and power, the technique required to beat pro tackles takes time to acquire. And of course, there's also the run- and coverage-defense aspects.

I try to remain patient with developmental players and just hope the damn coaches know what they're doing.

I admit that I have to laugh every time I see Speaks faceplant after getting his legs cut by the LT. I was specifically told he's never "on the ground".

FAX
The problem is the 2nd round isn't the spot to draft developmental players when starting types are almost always available around the same pick. We might as well trade away our second round picks because we almost always draft complete crap in that spot.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up