ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Colts Hire Chiefs' Player Personal Chris Ballard
Mr. Laz 05:26 PM 01-29-2017
The #Colts have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the #Chiefs.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 29, 2017

It's also been reported that Ballard might take the Chiefs' ST coach Dave Toub with him.

(I thought it deserved to have it's own thread for the people who aren't around much and will see it in the title.)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:37 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dorsey knew this defense needed new players and it didn’t work out. This defense is bad bc Dorsey nuked draft picks.

Kpassagnon and Russell were terrible picks in the top 100. Ask yourself what this defense would look like if those picks were used decent players?

Also ask yourself where this team would be right now if Marcus Peters and Kareem Hunt weren’t wasted picks on lunatics?

Calling Veach a shit GM for having no 1st rd pick to fix a horrible defense in little time doesn’t make sense. It’s even more asinine to absolve the previous general manager of 5 years from blame since he handed this mess over to the current general manager.
How would it not have made more sense to trade up for Josh Jackson? Or just take Justin Reid in your pick and keep the pick you traded?

My problem with what they did was they used their 1st pick to take an OLB when they're ok there yet nothing on secondary till 4th round when that thing was a dumpster fire.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:37 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dorsey knew this defense needed new players and it didn’t work out. This defense is bad bc Dorsey nuked draft picks.

Kpassagnon and Russell were terrible picks in the top 100. Ask yourself what this defense would look like if those picks were used decent players?

Also ask yourself where this team would be right now if Marcus Peters and Kareem Hunt weren’t wasted picks on lunatics?

Calling Veach a shit GM for having no 1st rd pick to fix a horrible defense in little time doesn’t make sense. It’s even more asinine to absolve the previous general manager of 5 years from blame since he handed this mess over to the current general manager.
Guys miss on picks it happens. Hunt and Peters are extremely talented players.

Enough with the Veach didnt have a first pick nonsense. He had plenty of cap space with nothing to show for. Jones, Kelce, Hill, etc weren't first round picks. You can find talent outside the first round.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:37 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I challenge anyone who criticizes Dorsey's drafting to name a single team who drafted better during his Chiefs tenure.

Go ahead!
Pretty sure he found more pro bowl players in his time here than any other GM did.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

Enough with the Veach didnt have a first pick nonsense. He had plenty of cap space with nothing to show for. Jones, Kelce, Hill, etc weren't first round picks. You can find talent outside the first round.
Veach did find talent outside of the first, though. Nnadi has been a pretty damn good pickup for a rookie mid-late 3rd rounder.
[Reply]
O.city 11:41 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How would it not have made more sense to trade up for Josh Jackson? Or just take Justin Reid in your pick and keep the pick you traded?

My problem with what they did was they used their 1st pick to take an OLB when they're ok there yet nothing on secondary till 4th round when that thing was a dumpster fire.
The olb's they had coming back had just missed most of last season and had back surgery and the other apparently wasn't fully healed from knee surgery and is a prime cut candidate.

Plus you all have always said pass rushers are so important, so why not stack that position?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:42 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Veach did find talent outside of the first, though. Nnadi has been a pretty damn good pickup for a rookie mid-late 3rd rounder.
That's fine but in a year that he spent 100 million dollars and traded around in the draft a bunch he needed to hit on more than 1.
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

Sure, they definitely weren't. But lets eval them after 1 year in the league.

Are they all pro's like they are now?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The olb's they had coming back had just missed most of last season and had back surgery and the other apparently wasn't fully healed from knee surgery and is a prime cut candidate.

Plus you all have always said pass rushers are so important, so why not stack that position?
Speaks is a fat shitty pass rusher? It wasn't like they moved up for Harold Landry.

Also if you bought into Houston and Ford both sucking then this was a lost year anyway.
[Reply]
O.city 11:44 AM 01-03-2019
Nnadi and O'Daniel have been fine players for rookie mid rounders.

Speaks is the miss at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 11:45 AM 01-03-2019
Speaks is a fat shitty pass rusher? It wasn't like they moved up for Harold Landry.

Also if you bought into Houston and Ford both sucking then this was a lost year anyway.
And if they thought this was a rebuild year, they're going to be looking into a more long term type draft.

Which they did.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:46 AM 01-03-2019
I am not concerned with Veach's last draft. If next year this past draft class and the upcoming draft class don't contribute much, I will definitly be concerned. I don't necessarily expect him to draft as well as Dorsey did here though. Dorsey was just outstanding.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:46 AM 01-03-2019
That's fine but in a year that he spent 100 million dollars and traded around in the draft a bunch he needed to hit on more than 1.
Who says the other guys will never contribute? Kelce was on IR his rookie season. Took Jones 2 full seasons to become the monster he is now. Hill was drafted way lower than his talent level because of his domestic abuse history.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:47 AM 01-03-2019
Criticizing Dorsey, as for drafting, is just silly, silly.

He was outstanding at drafting during his Chiefs tenure and guess what, he has been great with the Browns again this past draft.

He is very much part of the reason why this team is a top 3 In the league and potential great team for years to come.

As usual, some fans have totally unrealistic expectations when it comes to the draft.

I trust Veach to be good too. He just better do well this offseason because I am expecting next year's team to be possibly the best of all the years to come, including this year.

Mahomes in his second year starting. Some star players getting older but still in their prime. Star players on contract years. Yeah, Veach better not miss.
I don't see how it's so hard to acknowledge that Dorsey drafted very well on offense but overall was awful at finding defensive talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who says the other guys will never contribute? Kelce was on IR his rookie season. Took Jones 2 full seasons to become the monster he is now. Hill was drafted way lower than his talent level because of his domestic abuse history.
THIS
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:50 AM 01-03-2019
I am not concerned with Veach's last draft. If next year this past draft class and the upcoming draft class don't contribute much, I will definitly be concerned. I don't necessarily expect him to draft as well as Dorsey did here though. Dorsey was just outstanding at drafting offense.
FYP
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up