ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Colts Hire Chiefs' Player Personal Chris Ballard
Mr. Laz 05:26 PM 01-29-2017
The #Colts have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the #Chiefs.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 29, 2017

It's also been reported that Ballard might take the Chiefs' ST coach Dave Toub with him.

(I thought it deserved to have it's own thread for the people who aren't around much and will see it in the title.)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:15 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
According to which metric?

This was the 2nd worst defense in franchise history.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The disaster that landed us Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill?
That’s not the secondary.

Dorsey couldn’t find ILB’s or secondary players in the draft outside of Peters who was a failure by Dorsey.

Phillip Gaines and Terrance Mitchell were also disasters last year. Do you remember who brought them in?
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 01-03-2019

This was the 2nd worst defense in franchise history.
Yards wise? Points?

What are we using here?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:17 AM 01-03-2019
Yards wise? Points?

What are we using here?
Points. Yards dont matter.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:19 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s not the secondary.

Dorsey couldn’t find ILB’s or secondary players in the draft outside of Peters who was a failure by Dorsey.

Phillip Gaines and Terrance Mitchell were also disasters last year. Do you remember who brought them in?
Mitchell was a good corner for a year. Infact if you bump old threads you will see S Taylor couldnt stop raving about the guy. He found talent in the secondary early on it aged needed to be replaced and the problem is the current GM replaced those aging players with other aging players.
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 01-03-2019
Points. Yards dont matter.
Got it.
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 01-03-2019
Mitchell was a good corner for a year. Infact if you bump old threads you will see S Taylor couldnt stop raving about the guy. He found talent in the secondary early on it aged needed to be replaced and the problem is the current GM replaced those aging players with other aging players.
So the whole secondary aged and needed replaced in one season and we're upset it wasn't replaced in one offseason?

That's fine, it definitely needed addressed. But so did the whole damn defense.

It needed to be burned down and started over.
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 01-03-2019
I also think they viewed this season as a rebuild or reset with a new starting QB etc.

I'm not really a fan of the Watkins signing, but I liked Hitchens. He was good in Dallas, i'm hopeful he's just been hurt or something here and improves back to where he was.

We'll see what they do this offseason. This and next year are the years they really need to push.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:24 AM 01-03-2019
Criticizing Dorsey, as for drafting, is just silly, silly.

He was outstanding at drafting during his Chiefs tenure and guess what, he has been great with the Browns again this past draft.

He is very much part of the reason why this team is a top 3 In the league and potential great team for years to come.

As usual, some fans have totally unrealistic expectations when it comes to the draft.

I trust Veach to be good too. He just better do well this offseason because I am expecting next year's team to be possibly the best of all the years to come, including this year.

Mahomes in his second year starting. Some star players getting older but still in their prime. Star players on contract years. Yeah, Veach better not miss.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:25 AM 01-03-2019
So the whole secondary aged and needed replaced in one season and we're upset it wasn't replaced in one offseason?

That's fine, it definitely needed addressed. But so did the whole damn defense.

It needed to be burned down and started over.
I'm not sure it needs to be torn down it can definitely get after the QB. It's missing 1 probably 2 ball hawks in the secondary and a ILB. It worked pretty well when Berry was healthy.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 01-03-2019
I'm not sure it needs to be torn down it can definitely get after the QB. It's missing 1 probably 2 ball hawks in the secondary and a ILB. It worked pretty well when Berry was healthy.
I just don't think we'll see that again here, so they're gonna have to go look elsewhere.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 AM 01-03-2019
Dorsey knew this defense needed new players and it didn’t work out. This defense is bad bc Dorsey nuked draft picks.

Kpassagnon and Russell were terrible picks in the top 100. Ask yourself what this defense would look like if those picks were used decent players?

Also ask yourself where this team would be right now if Marcus Peters and Kareem Hunt weren’t wasted picks on lunatics?

Calling Veach a shit GM for having no 1st rd pick to fix a horrible defense in little time doesn’t make sense. It’s even more asinine to absolve the previous general manager of 5 years from blame since he handed this mess over to the current general manager.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:32 AM 01-03-2019
I also think they viewed this season as a rebuild or reset with a new starting QB etc.

I'm not really a fan of the Watkins signing, but I liked Hitchens. He was good in Dallas, i'm hopeful he's just been hurt or something here and improves back to where he was.

We'll see what they do this offseason. This and next year are the years they really need to push.
I think you are right about a reset but he still spent like an idiot and didnt draft well. He HAS to have a good draft this time around or he can leave.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:35 AM 01-03-2019
I just don't think we'll see that again here, so they're gonna have to go look elsewhere.
He played in a game and a half after having 4 months worth of rest before his body couldn't handle it. If there isn't surgery that can be done to fix the issue he's done.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:36 AM 01-03-2019
I challenge anyone who criticizes Dorsey's drafting to name a single team who drafted better during his Chiefs tenure.

Go ahead!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up