Page 268 of 934
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318368768 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:28 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Technical analysis is the modern day equivalent of reading tea leaves.
I'm going to be wiping my ass with tea leaves if the local methican americans don't quit hoarding TP!

I'm pulling this from an old timer who is aging fast but has traded with more than I will probably ever even accumulate. 10% of the market was an emotional "bet the come". That went up in smoke. Deal in a 10% correction for global panic sales. Next we get the 10% of actual financial corrections due to physical losses. He then said, where are we in this mess and how far off are those 10% guesses?

Who knows.
[Reply]
philfree 04:46 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
**** Chipotle. I boycotted those fools after they went organic/all natural what the **** ever.
I didn't buy the stock because I eat there I bought it because other people do and the stock tends to go up. I have eaten Chipotle exactly once. I'd go to a Qdoba before I'd go to a Chipotle.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:57 PM 03-11-2020
Technical analysis is the modern day equivalent of reading tea leaves.
Not disagreeing here. Just wondering where you came up with an additional 60% down. Technicals would be the easiest way to get there. You trying to apply historical P/E ratios to GDP or what?

I haven’t paid attention to shit, but I highly doubt you’re in high company expecting that big of a drop.

Just wondering where you’re getting that target from.

Originally Posted by philfree:
I didn't buy the stock because I eat there I bought it because other people do and the stock tends to go up. I have eaten Chipotle exactly once. I'd go to a Qdoba before I'd go to a Chipotle.
Still out.

If my stock purchase raises their stock .0001 basis points and executives get any money out of stock options I don’t think I could live with myself. Fuck those bitches.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:09 PM 03-11-2020
Not disagreeing here. Just wondering where you came up with an additional 60% down. Technicals would be the easiest way to get there. You trying to apply historical P/E ratios to GDP or what?

I haven’t paid attention to shit, but I highly doubt you’re in high company expecting that big of a drop.

Just wondering where you’re getting that target from.

Still out.

If my stock purchase raises their stock .0001 basis points and executives get any money out of stock options I don’t think I could live with myself. Fuck those bitches.
The S&P 500 dropped ~45% in the period of time that encompassed the death of Bear in March '08 and then when it started to continuously go up after something like March 3, 2009.

We have yet to have our 'death of Bear Stearns' moment but it will precede a second Great Recession.

Job losses will take hold, there'll be some bankruptcies once enough bullshit called on the auto and student loan market. Young people aren't buying houses and this won't get better.

Then you start thinking about new political realities which will not be market friendly..
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:24 PM 03-11-2020
The S&P 500 dropped ~45% in the period of time that encompassed the death of Bear in March '08 and then when it started to continuously go up after something like March 3, 2009.

We have yet to have our 'death of Bear Stearns' moment but it will precede a second Great Recession.

Job losses will take hold, there'll be some bankruptcies once enough bullshit called on the auto and student loan market. Young people aren't buying houses and this won't get better.

Then you start thinking about new political realities which will not be market friendly..
There is a long way to go before that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:39 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I'm going to be wiping my ass with tea leaves if the local methican americans don't quit hoarding TP!

I'm pulling this from an old timer who is aging fast but has traded with more than I will probably ever even accumulate. 10% of the market was an emotional "bet the come". That went up in smoke. Deal in a 10% correction for global panic sales. Next we get the 10% of actual financial corrections due to physical losses. He then said, where are we in this mess and how far off are those 10% guesses?

Who knows.
I laughed unreasonably hard at this. Particularly "methican American."
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:50 PM 03-11-2020
Don't panic people. the stock market is run by a shit load of greedy people. When this is all over you're gonna see stocks take off like a rocket.

I wish I had a shitload of cash to throw in right now but i don't
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:03 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Don't panic people. the stock market is run by a shit load of greedy people. When this is all over you're gonna see stocks take off like a rocket.

I wish I had a shitload of cash to throw in right now but i don't
Lean hogs have made a nice base. They’re ready to take off. Perfect time to get back in! :-)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:39 PM 03-11-2020
Lean hogs have made a nice base. They’re ready to take off. Perfect time to get back in! :-)
Says McDonald's 6 months before they bring back the mc rib
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:10 PM 03-11-2020
I hate Hogs!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:17 PM 03-11-2020
Good chance tomorrow is going to be worse than any day of this. Dow already down 800 points following Trumps speech.

Now the news with an American celebrity and NBA? Yup it’s gonna get really bad this week IMO
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:24 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Good chance tomorrow is going to be worse than any day of this. Dow already down 800 points following Trumps speech.

Now the news with an American celebrity and NBA? Yup it’s gonna get really bad this week IMO
Yeah, I'd say there's a good chance that the market will shut down tomorrow.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:39 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I hate Hogs!
I know. :-)

You won’t get any argument from me.
[Reply]
Shag 08:42 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I think things are about to go from bad to worse, with all that’s happened today. I’m strongly considering pulling out tomorrow, and buying back in when things stabilize. Hate selling down, but I think it’s about to get ugly.
[Reply]
wutamess 09:23 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Shag:
I think things are about to go from bad to worse, with all that’s happened today. I’m strongly considering pulling out tomorrow, and buying back in when things stabilize. Hate selling down, but I think it’s about to get ugly.
When I did this a couple of weeks ago. I was the local idiot. Follow your first mind I say, better safe than sorry.
[Reply]
Page 268 of 934
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318368768 > Last »
Up