ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2624 of 3903
« First < 1624212425242574261426202621262226232624 262526262627262826342674272431243624 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 09:16 AM 07-16-2020
Coronavirus vaccine hopes rise after strong trial results

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/15/coronavirus-vaccine-breakthrough-oxford-scientists-discover/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1594883476

Originally Posted by :
Vaccine by Oxford scientists could offer 'double defence' against the virus.

Oxford scientists believe they have made a breakthrough in their quest for a Covid-19 vaccine after discovering that the jab triggers a response that may offer a "double defence" against the virus.

Phase I human trials of the world-leading Oxford vaccine have shown that it generates an immune response against the disease, The Telegraph has learned.

Blood samples taken from a group of UK volunteers given a dose of the vaccine showed that it stimulated the body to produce both antibodies and "killer T-cells", a senior source said.

The discovery is promising because separate studies have suggested antibodies may fade away within months, while T-cells can stay in circulation for years.

[Reply]
Donger 09:17 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Vaccine by Oxford scientists could offer 'double defence' against the virus.

Oxford scientists believe they have made a breakthrough in their quest for a Covid-19 vaccine after discovering that the jab triggers a response that may offer a "double defence" against the virus.

Phase I human trials of the world-leading Oxford vaccine have shown that it generates an immune response against the disease, The Telegraph has learned.

Blood samples taken from a group of UK volunteers given a dose of the vaccine showed that it stimulated the body to produce both antibodies and "killer T-cells", a senior source said.

The discovery is promising because separate studies have suggested antibodies may fade away within months, while T-cells can stay in circulation for years.
Pffft. They can't even spell defense correctly.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 07-16-2020

Amazing COVID19 immunology from John Wherry and colleagues.
8 categories of patients with 3 ‘immunotypes’ which will be useful to guide different therapies. Huge expertise. https://t.co/JYD9p6cx5z pic.twitter.com/eezVHRFJ4w

— Luke O'Neill (@laoneill111) July 16, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 07-16-2020
That kinda leads some credence to me towards the B and T cell responses and particularly some cross immunity.

We're getting closer to figuring this out everyday.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:24 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Pffft. They can't even spell defense correctly.

As long as they save our ass I will forgive them :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 07-16-2020
So there's some talk of human challenge trials. I think we're at the point that it needs to be talked about for sure.

Basically, give someone the vaccines we're developing, then expose them to the virus.
[Reply]
loochy 09:37 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So there's some talk of human challenge trials. I think we're at the point that it needs to be talked about for sure.

Basically, give someone the vaccines we're developing, then expose them to the virus.
How much do you want to pay? I might do it for the right price
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:40 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Almost one-third of Florida children tested are positive for the coronavirus
The state’s outbreak continues to surge as new data reveal children may be more impacted than previously thought.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...&ICID=ref_fark
Oh my
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:44 AM 07-16-2020
Oregon seeing an increase in cases from children under 10.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...ing-plans.html

Originally Posted by :
Coronavirus cases among Oregon children younger than 10 grew fivefold during the month of June, representing the fastest growth rate of new or presumed infections across any age range.

State public health officials said the increase is largely due to unidentified transmission within the community, although outbreaks at day cares also are playing a small role.

The Oregon Health Authority on Tuesday reported 319 confirmed or presumed coronavirus infections among children younger than 10. The number as of May 31 stood at just 58.

Young children still represent the smallest overall share of cases in Oregon. And young children are among the least likely to need hospitalization, with only eight such patients and no deaths.

But the surge is concerning for state public health officials who say that, without correction, it could dim the prospects for having children in school desks this fall.

“I hope that the increasing cases among children will lead people to reevaluate their behavior and to take additional precautions,” said Dr. Melissa Sutton, a senior health adviser for the Oregon Health Authority.
Sutton said the rate of infections in Oregon “certainly endangers the prospect of reopening schools in the fall” and urged residents to maintain social distancing, wash hands and comply with Gov. Kate Brown’s order requiring masks for people age 12 and older in indoor public spaces beginning Wednesday.

[Reply]
DaFace 09:51 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened already. I'd take that risk.
[Reply]
Donger 09:55 AM 07-16-2020
July 16 (Reuters) - Florida reported on Thursday the largest one-day increase in deaths from the novel coronavirus since the pandemic began and its second-largest increase in cases ever.

Florida announced 13,965 new cases on Thursday, bringing the total number of cases in the state and the center of the latest outbreak to over 315,775, according to the state health department.

Florida's COVID deaths rose by 156 to a total of 4,782, surpassing its previous one-day record of 133 new deaths on July 12.

Hospitalizations of patients with COVID-19 was the highest ever reported at 8,626 currently hospitalized, up 321 in the past 24 hours, according to a state agency. (Writing by Lisa Shumaker, Editing by Franklin Paul)
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:00 AM 07-16-2020
Based on looking back a month, that could mean Florida is at 700 deaths/day a month from now.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:05 AM 07-16-2020
I got the call yesterday and the official paperwork today.

[Reply]
DaFace 10:06 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Based on looking back a month, that could mean Florida is at 700 deaths/day a month from now.
Historically, everywhere has started to taper off once it gets bad, so hopefully they'll bend the curve back down before then.
[Reply]
Donger 10:08 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I suppose we can hope that the majority of new cases are among the younger, and it won't get to that.
[Reply]
Page 2624 of 3903
« First < 1624212425242574261426202621262226232624 262526262627262826342674272431243624 > Last »
Up