ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 63
« First < 5455152535455 56575859 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:00 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
That seems like their solution, not identification of the problem.
I am not sure how you can infer anything other than then realizing epsiode 8 may have killed the franchise so they better nail 9.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:02 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I am not sure how you can infer anything other than then realizing epsiode 8 may have killed the franchise so they better nail 9.
That's what I infer. I'm not convinced that's what they infer.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:34 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
That's what I infer. I'm not convinced that's what they infer.
Gotcha.. we shall see but it appears signs are pointing that direction.
[Reply]
JD10367 08:13 PM 06-21-2018
I'm not sure the franchise is saveable at this point. 7 and 8 have fucked it up beyond recognition. Carbon copy of the first film, forced SJW issues (spunky girl heroine, black guy, Asian chick, girl power, oppression, etc.,.), bad acting (another weak emo bad guy, as if Hayden C. didn't teach them that lesson), stupid plotlines (slow space chase), wasted deaths of major iconic characters (Han, Luke), sudden bizarre powers (floating Leia, astral projecting Luke)... Where do they go with this clusterfuck? Honestly, with Carrie Fisher dead they can't even do much with Leia, and I don't give a rat's ass what happens to Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren. Honestly, the only way to rescue the franchise would be to start 9 with Luke in the shower like "Dallas" saying that 7 and 8 were a dream...
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:37 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I'm not sure the franchise is saveable at this point. 7 and 8 have fucked it up beyond recognition. Carbon copy of the first film, forced SJW issues (spunky girl heroine, black guy, Asian chick, girl power, oppression, etc.,.), bad acting (another weak emo bad guy, as if Hayden C. didn't teach them that lesson), stupid plotlines (slow space chase), wasted deaths of major iconic characters (Han, Luke), sudden bizarre powers (floating Leia, astral projecting Luke)... Where do they go with this clusterfuck? Honestly, with Carrie Fisher dead they can't even do much with Leia, and I don't give a rat's ass what happens to Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren. Honestly, the only way to rescue the franchise would be to start 9 with Luke in the shower like "Dallas" saying that 7 and 8 were a dream...
Biggest bullshit copout by angry white dudes.
[Reply]
banecat 08:52 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Probably not. It's obvious that shit was all forced in. They're trying to please everyone in the effort to whore for more money. The true fan will always get left behind and lose interest
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:57 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
Probably not. It's obvious that shit was all forced in. They're trying to please everyone in the effort to whore for more money. The true fan will always get left behind and lose interest
Ehh they always had a woman as one of the lead characters. I don't buy the SJW excuse. The movies mentioned weren't great, but they were good. I guess I just don't notice the sex/race of the hero's/bad guys of the movies.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:08 PM 06-21-2018
Ehh they always had a woman as one of the lead characters. I don't buy the SJW excuse. The movies mentioned weren't great, but they were good. I guess I just don't notice the sex/race of the hero's/bad guys of the movies.
I usually don't notice either unless they are completely different. That is forced shit.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:09 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I'm not sure the franchise is saveable at this point. 7 and 8 have ****ed it up beyond recognition. Carbon copy of the first film, forced SJW issues (spunky girl heroine, black guy, Asian chick, girl power, oppression, etc.,.), bad acting (another weak emo bad guy, as if Hayden C. didn't teach them that lesson), stupid plotlines (slow space chase), wasted deaths of major iconic characters (Han, Luke), sudden bizarre powers (floating Leia, astral projecting Luke)... Where do they go with this cluster****? Honestly, with Carrie Fisher dead they can't even do much with Leia, and I don't give a rat's ass what happens to Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren. Honestly, the only way to rescue the franchise would be to start 9 with Luke in the shower like "Dallas" saying that 7 and 8 were a dream...
Kylo was awesome in TLJ and Daisey Ridley has been fantastic as Rey.

Finn was fine in TFA but I think his character didn't mean shit in TLJ due to the forced romance plot with Rose.

And if you're going to talk about SJW shit, then talk shit about Solo and L3. That was way more SJWey, IMO, then either TFA or TLJ.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:23 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

Finn was fine in TFA but I think his character didn't mean shit in TLJ due to the forced romance plot with Rose.

And if you're going to talk about SJW shit, then talk shit about Solo and L3. That was way more SJWey, IMO, then either TFA or TLJ.
Kylo sucked in everything. He's a whiny, emo bitch, just like Anakin in the prequels. Rey is.... okay. But just okay. And not good enough to overcome the crappy story.

Finn has been reduced to a live action Jar Jar. At this point, I just want him dead.

Poe was reduced to hot-headed moron.

Luke was reduced to a cranky old quitter yelling at everybody to get off his lawn.

Leia was wasted. Rose was atrocious. And don't even get me started on purple hair Laura Dern. Ugh. The First Order villains sucked. And Snoke's (Snope? - can't remember, don't care) lair looked like it was straight out of the old 60s Batman TV show.

About the only character they didn't fuck up was Chewbacca. I wish he'd pull Kennedy's arms off and use them to beat Johnson to death.

At least the Harriet Tubman droid freeing the slaves advanced the plot in Solo.

I will buy Solo when it comes out on blu-ray. I will never buy Last Jedi. And I may not even see IX in the theater, which at one point would have been unimaginable.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:28 PM 06-21-2018
I haven't bothered to watch either of the last two movies. I'll catch them on Netflix or something. Maybe.

TFA was the same exact plot as ANH. With a bigger death star and weaker characters. Holy shit talk about lazy storytelling. Rogue one was ok. I guess. Just nothing they have done in the reboot makes me want to spend money on it.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:54 PM 06-21-2018
I’m really curious to see what JJ does to salvage Rian Johnson’s abortion of a movie and complete undoing of the arcs that RJ nuked in TLJ.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:56 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Kylo sucked in everything. He's a whiny, emo bitch, just like Anakin in the prequels. Rey is.... okay. But just okay. And not good enough to overcome the crappy story.

Finn has been reduced to a live action Jar Jar. At this point, I just want him dead.

Poe was reduced to hot-headed moron.

Luke was reduced to a cranky old quitter yelling at everybody to get off his lawn.

Leia was wasted. Rose was atrocious. And don't even get me started on purple hair Laura Dern. Ugh. The First Order villains sucked. And Snoke's (Snope? - can't remember, don't care) lair looked like it was straight out of the old 60s Batman TV show.

About the only character they didn't fuck up was Chewbacca. I wish he'd pull Kennedy's arms off and use them to beat Johnson to death.

At least the Harriet Tubman droid freeing the slaves advanced the plot in Solo.
My biggest gripes with TLJ are Leia should've been a very powerful Jedi like Luke. She was diminished as Mary Poppins, and, gave up on her son.

Furthermore, there are murders on death row whose mothers still love them unconditionally.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:52 PM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

Listening to people like you two is what will make sure the franchise dies.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:29 PM 06-22-2018
I care about Rey, Kylo and Poe more than anyone from the prequels. Including Obi-Wan, I was about done with him after his characterization at the end of AOTC. For that reason alone, I think Disney can stick the landing with Episode 9.

Whether JJ can do it is another question.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 63
« First < 5455152535455 56575859 > Last »
Up