ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 60 of 82
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
rico 06:44 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by redhed:
The same place you read that Tyson had all of this wrestling/grappling experience? :-)
Yeah yeah. I don't believe there was any merit to that one. Must have just heard it from a random yahoo. I think the Kareem quote may be legit, though.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:31 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
You have to be close to a person to grapple them. The second Lee comes within 3 feet of Tyson, he's dead.
Posted via Mobile Device
You do understand the concept of limb locks, neck take downs, and the like? While Tyson may be bigger, he wouldn't have been accustomed to defending himself against nor counteracting such actions that Lee was well versed in. This whole "Lee would be dead" rhetoric is the only theory that Tyson supporters have used throughout this thread. In a true fight with no rules, Tyson doesn't have anywhere near the same knowledge base that Lee possessed. Like I said, this isn't a sure win for either side, but I feel you're giving too much credit to Tyson based purely on size and his punch.
[Reply]
Saul Good 07:43 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by kccrow:
You do understand the concept of limb locks, neck take downs, and the like? While Tyson may be bigger, he wouldn't have been accustomed to defending himself against nor counteracting such actions that Lee was well versed in. This whole "Lee would be dead" rhetoric is the only theory that Tyson supporters have used throughout this thread. In a true fight with no rules, Tyson doesn't have anywhere near the same knowledge base that Lee possessed. Like I said, this isn't a sure win for either side, but I feel you're giving too much credit to Tyson based purely on size and his punch.
Have you ever seen an MMA fight? Lots of what Tyson does...very little of what Lee pretended to do.
[Reply]
Brock 07:43 PM 01-27-2016
Size, punch, counterpunch, power, hand speed, precision, footwork, ring generalship, fighting experience and basically every other advantage one fighter could enjoy against a guy who never got paid for 1 fight, if he was indeed ever in one.
[Reply]
Saul Good 07:47 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Brock:
Size, punch, counterpunch, power, hand speed, precision, footwork, ring generalship, fighting experience and basically every other advantage one fighter could enjoy against a guy who never got paid for 1 fight, if he was indeed ever in one.
Just look at all the MMA fighters who use JKD in the ring. There's umm, well, etc., and so on...
[Reply]
-King- 07:53 PM 01-27-2016
You have to open your arms and leave your face open when you try to grapple someone. Wtf do you think would happen if someone left their face open to Tyson?

And the only theory Lee supporters have used is choreographed movie fights and word of mouth legends. I have actual video of Tyson putting actual people to sleep. Multiple videos actually.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:07 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Just look at all the MMA fighters who use JKD in the ring. There's umm, well, etc., and so on...
Bruce Lee basically created JKD because of his strong understanding and in most cases a mastery of all the martial arts / techniques that went into it. That includes a lot of knowledge about boxing. It's not like we're talking about some MMA fighter who learned the discipline from a teacher. But you think he'd walk in there with stubborn insistence to fight right out of a manual that he created?
[Reply]
rico 08:08 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:29 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Bruce Lee basically created JKD because of his strong understanding and in most cases a mastery of all the martial arts / techniques that went into it. That includes a lot of knowledge about boxing. It's not like we're talking about some MMA fighter who learned the discipline from a teacher. But you think he'd walk in there with stubborn insistence to fight right out of a manual that he created?
That's actually a very good point. What you're basically saying is that it isn't necessarily true that JKD is superior to boxing...and that's absolutely true. Ultimately, it comes down to who is the better fighter.

To say that Bruce Lee, an actor who never actually completed in legitimate fights, is a better fighter than Mike Tyson is ridiculous. Jean Claude Van Damme got knocked out by a strip club bouncer. Was that bouncer some world class grappler, or did he just punch JCVD in the face?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:30 PM 01-27-2016
You have to open your arms and leave your face open when you try to grapple someone. Wtf do you think would happen if someone left their face open to Tyson?

And the only theory Lee supporters have used is choreographed movie fights and word of mouth legends. I have actual video of Tyson putting actual people to sleep. Multiple videos actually.
Posted via Mobile Device
Or the fact that Bruce Lee proved time and time again that he really, really knew his shit. And demonstrated over and over again that he could do that shit. And that he could do it very fast and with a lot of power.

I get people's love for Tyson. Because he was an excellent boxer. But don't understand the reaction of reducing Bruce Lee to some kind of Hollywood actor, as if he's on the same playing field as Jackie Chan or Dolph Lundgren.
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:31 PM 01-27-2016
Miss South Carolina...please explain to us why an actor who never actually competed in prize fights could win a fight against one of the greatest boxers in history who also outweighed him by 50 pounds.

[Reply]
-King- 08:34 PM 01-27-2016
Or the fact that Bruce Lee proved time and time again that he really, really knew his shit. And demonstrated over and over again that he could do that shit. And that he could do it very fast and with a lot of power.
.... In choreographed movie fights.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:36 PM 01-27-2016
Alex Tanney > Dan Marino
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:39 PM 01-27-2016
.... In choreographed movie fights.
Posted via Mobile Device
Is this serious? Are you seriously trying to doubt that Bruce Lee wasn't a master of martial arts? I get if you think that wouldn't translate to the ring. But the guy knew his shit. That's not even a question.
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:43 PM 01-27-2016
Is this serious? Are you seriously trying to doubt that Bruce Lee wasn't a master of martial arts? I get if you think that wouldn't translate to the ring. But the guy knew his shit. That's not even a question.
Translate to the ring? Sure. Enough that he could win a fight against Mike Tyson in his prime? Absurd.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 82
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up