Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
FAX 09:26 PM 02-12-2020
Is a baller.

That's it. That's the thread.

FAX
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:07 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We ran a ton of two-TE sets with Harris. Even last year with Bell with ran it quite a bit.

I think Keizer is atrocious and Reid knows it so he doesn't run it so much.
Demetrius? That's kind of my point. Harris wasn't ever a very good pass-catching TE. And none of the guys Andy's put out there with Kelce have been very good pass-catchers, either. In Andy's universe, there's a pass-catching TE, and then there's a blocking TE that he sometimes schemes a pass for. Not two pass-catching TEs.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:03 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Demetrius? That's kind of my point. Harris wasn't ever a very good pass-catching TE. And none of the guys Andy's put out there with Kelce have been very good pass-catchers, either. In Andy's universe, there's a pass-catching TE, and then there's a blocking TE that he sometimes schemes a pass for. Not two pass-catching TEs.
And that’s fine ,just wish we had a Jason Dunn to go with Kelce
[Reply]
poolboy 07:14 PM 12-08-2020
I noticed Keizer, Yelder and Kelce together were loading up the left side.
prob just to get Kelce freed up
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:35 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Huh?

If he'll put Kelce out there with a bunch of bums, what makes you think he doesn't like putting two TEs out there at the same time?
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:52 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Sammy Watkins is cool
I agree!
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:58 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Huh?

If he'll put Kelce out there with a bunch of bums, what makes you think he doesn't like putting two TEs out there at the same time?
Think maybe we're talking past each other.

My only point is that Andy doesn't seem to have any interest in putting a quality pass-catching TE out there with Kelce. So while it sounds nice to have a Waller/Fant type TE out there with Kelce, it's probably not ever going to happen. He wants a speed guy like Hill on one side, and a bigger, possession type guy like Watkins on the other, just like he Wants Kelce on one side and a Harris-type player at best on the other. CEH, and then Bell. And so on.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The cap is going up so much, they can afford whoever they want relatively speaking.

The interior OL is god awful. They were after Peat in free agency this last offseason so I’d say they will be looking again
First of all, the cap isn't going up this year. It might start going up again after COVID is over but right now it's going to be stagnant at best.

And no, the OL is not God awful. They need improvement for sure but they're not God awful.

And yeah, they were looking in free agency. Exactly where I said they should look.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:48 PM 12-08-2020
Adding a top notch center while getting Niang, will transform this OL next year into a strength. Especially if we get Schwartz back.

My god.

Fisher
Allegreti
Stud center
Niang/LDT
Schwartz

That’s a damn good OL.

Back to the topic, it was nice to have Sammy back out there.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:52 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Adding a top notch center while getting Niang, will transform this OL next year into a strength. Especially if we get Schwartz back.

My god.

Fisher
Allegreti
Stud center
Niang/LDT
Schwartz

That’s a damn good OL.

Back to the topic, it was nice to have Sammy back out there.
I don’t think LDT is coming back. Have you heard he might?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 PM 12-08-2020
Stud centers cost money. They aren't getting one in free agency. Those guys get paid.

Your best bet is take a 2nd or 3rd flyer on a center and hope he can contribute.

I don't see any blue chip center prospects in this draft. There's going to be a ton of guys available 2-4 though.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:01 AM 12-09-2020
Tyler Linderbaum

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...rbaum-20201126
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:52 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
First of all, the cap isn't going up this year. It might start going up again after COVID is over but right now it's going to be stagnant at best.

And no, the OL is not God awful. They need improvement for sure but they're not God awful.

And yeah, they were looking in free agency. Exactly where I said they should look.
I agree that the cap isn't going up, and that we really can't afford to sign expensive free agents to improve our O-line.

But, I do believe that there are better players out there, somewhere, that would cost roughly the same as Reiter and Wiley. I have tried to think of a worse center-right guard combination in Chiefs history, but I came up with nothing.

I don't know the exact stats, and I have no desire to look them up or calculate them myself, but it seems like the running game was more productive when Kilgore was filling in at center.

And if Mahomes ends up on his ass, it's almost a certainty that Wiley is staring at the back of his man's jersey as he gets up off of Patrick. I am not saying Wiley gives up every sack, pressure, or QB hit, but it sure seems like he gives up a lot of them.

When is Schwartz coming back?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:49 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
When is Schwartz coming back?
I believe he's eligible to come back this week but that doesn't mean he will.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:58 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Tyler Linderbaum

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...rbaum-20201126
Will likely be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

There's only one center with a 1st round grade in this draft and even then, his grade is 25-40, which means he's more likely a high 2nd guy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:00 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
But, I do believe that there are better players out there, somewhere, that would cost roughly the same as Reiter and Wiley.
I agree, that's exactly what I'm advocating.

Go get a guard and/or center in rounds 3-5, maybe even round 2 if things fall. Sign a couple of middling free agents. Try it out. If it doesn't improve, sign a couple of more the next year.

1st round draft picks are too valuable to spend on the IOL unless there's an absolute blue chip prospect there. This isn't that year.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 30
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up