ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 63
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:26 PM 06-07-2018
Movieweb is a garbage site. Zero credibility, zero interest in fact. It's a troll site. I wouldn't take anything they post seriously.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:23 PM 06-07-2018
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
Movieweb is a garbage site. Zero credibility, zero interest in fact. It's a troll site. I wouldn't take anything they post seriously.
Same story's at ScreenRant

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-kat...ucasfilm-exit/

It's just a rumor, until it's not, but it's out there.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:28 PM 06-07-2018
Totes. And it certainly wouldn't surprise me if she exits. I'll be shocked if she's "fired." But not if she "steps down."
[Reply]
JD10367 08:03 PM 06-07-2018
I still don't get it. Aside from possibly holding the film until Christmas to give it the same breathing room as the other films, what could she have done better? It's a really good film. It had marketing. It's not her fault that it ran up against two Marvel films kicking ass.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:48 PM 06-07-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I still don't get it. Aside from possibly holding the film until Christmas to give it the same breathing room as the other films, what could she have done better? It's a really good film. It had marketing. It's not her fault that it ran up against two Marvel films kicking ass.
SJW bullshit, intervening with the Lando narrative making him a fag and actively insulting the fans when they voiced their displeasure about TLJ
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:58 PM 06-07-2018
:-)

fuckin LOOOOVE these.

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 06:45 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
SJW bullshit, intervening with the Lando narrative making him a pillowbiter and actively insulting the fans when they voiced their displeasure about TLJ
This post doesn't make any sense to me.

Let's sidestep the "SJW" stuff. We're never gonna have a beneficial conversation about that. So, skip it.

But talk to me more about these other two points.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:10 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
SJW bullshit, intervening with the Lando narrative making him a pillowbiter and actively insulting the fans when they voiced their displeasure about TLJ
Insulting the fan base is where they really went wrong.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 08:39 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Insulting the fan base is where they really went wrong.
Can you give me some examples of how they insulted the fan base?
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:59 PM 06-09-2018
Can you give me some examples of how they insulted the fan base?
Here is a guy talking about some of the shit Rian Johnson said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfnpQKzcZHk
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:12 PM 06-09-2018
Ah. That's what you guys are talking about. I see.

Carry on.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:06 PM 06-09-2018
Let's sidestep the "SJW" stuff. We're never gonna have a beneficial conversation about that. So, skip it.
You can't really do that if you want to get to the heart of the problems with the recent Star Wars movies. The suck is all intertwined.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:09 PM 06-09-2018
Under a $3 million take in 3 of the 4 days in the middle of its second week, by the way. That didn't happen until week 4 for Rogue One. Solo was way down in week one, and is basically missing 2 big weeks of income, already, in comparison to Rogue One.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:15 PM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
You can't really do that if you want to get to the heart of the problems with the recent Star Wars movies. The suck is all intertwined.
Got it.

There's no way to have an intelligent conversation about this here. No worries.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:16 PM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
No problem. All have been well reviewed.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 63
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up