ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 335
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Sorter 10:28 AM 05-08-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Spoiler!
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 01:03 PM 05-08-2015
So a question for people who have read the books so far....

Are you happy with how the show has changed stuff in the books? Irate? I know the whole Stoneheart thing is a hot button topic....but what about everything else?
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I'm, personally, very pleased with the changes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:37 PM 05-08-2015

Are you happy with how the show has changed stuff in the books? Irate? I know the whole Stoneheart thing is a hot button topic....but what about everything else?
I like the Bronn/Jamie angle, Beinn/Hound fight, Stoneheart pissed me off. It's just going to be different.

I hope they don't spoil the future books.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:52 AM 05-11-2015
One of the things that I really like is how the show creators take themes and build them in a particular show. I've really noticed that as they've finally decided to just toss the books and develop the arc on their own timeline. For example in the latest episode 'Kill the Boy."

Jon and Aemon's dialog becomes the dominant, driving theme for this episode. Jon must kill the boy. Dany must forge her own path and kill the girl. Sansa is also dealing with similar issues in trying to grow up and forge her own way 'alone in this world' (another theme that echoes between Dany and Sansas that Aemon pointed to when talking about Dany). Sometimes it's almost a little heavy handed, but I like that they're doing it, as it makes the shows stand on their own artistic merit and separates them, as artistic works, from the books even more.
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:04 AM 05-11-2015

I'm fine with it. You just can't have a show that includes EVERYTHING from the books. Once you accept that basic premise, then you have to let some things go. From there, you trust the people who have put this show, which I think is pretty damn awesome, to keep doing awesome things. Will it be perfect? Probably not. Will everyone have something to complain about? Maybe.

For those who can't get over no Lady Stoneheart, what would you kill off instead?
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:05 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I like the Bronn/Jamie angle, Beinn/Hound fight, Stoneheart pissed me off. It's just going to be different.

I hope they don't spoil the future books.

:-)

errr...what? How can they NOT spoil the future books? You think they're going ot have a completely independent and unrelated storyline compared to what Martin is doing?!
[Reply]
NewChief 06:34 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I'm fine with it. You just can't have a show that includes EVERYTHING from the books. Once you accept that basic premise, then you have to let some things go. From there, you trust the people who have put this show, which I think is pretty damn awesome, to keep doing awesome things. Will it be perfect? Probably not. Will everyone have something to complain about? Maybe.

For those who can't get over no Lady Stoneheart, what would you kill off instead?
I could give a shit about Lady Stoneheart. I think it's a pretty weak storyline in the book, personally. To me, it reads like Martin having second thoughts about the Red Wedding and being unable to let the character go after killing her off.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 08:38 AM 05-11-2015
I could give a shit about Lady Stoneheart. I think it's a pretty weak storyline in the book, personally. To me, it reads like Martin having second thoughts about the Red Wedding and being unable to let the character go after killing her off.
I think it was more of a way to legitimize or reinforce the Brotherhood Without Banners. They're a pretty integral part of presenting the full political spectrum. Everyone is too caught up in picking sides with all the factions but the Brotherhood are really the only ones doing what's right and aren't controlled by oppressive monarchy (or any real hierarchy at all).
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:13 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

How about no wasted screen time with Grey Worm, who literally has no chance to do anything with Missande? How about less screen time impressing on us just how gay Ser Loras is rather than showing us how great a warrior he is? I'd have much less issue with some of the things they've cut if they didn't throw in so much filler in every episode.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 09:28 AM 05-11-2015
Did Mormont come down with greyscale in the books? I didn't remember that part.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:28 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
How about no wasted screen time with Grey Worm, who literally has no chance to do anything with Missande? How about less screen time impressing on us just how gay Ser Loras is rather than showing us how great a warrior he is? I'd have much less issue with some of the things they've cut if they didn't throw in so much filler in every episode.
This.

Would have enjoyed more than 2 scenes of Barry fighting as well.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:29 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Did Mormont come down with greyscale in the books? I didn't remember that part.
No. Tyrion does in the books. Or well.. it's implied that he does or might or something. It's very vague and up for debate, I believe.

but Jon Connington does what Mormont does in the books (fishes Tyrion from the river, gets grey scale, and keeps it secret) and gets greyscale as a result. Damn.. I need to go back and reread the last two books. I'm so foggy on a lot of the details without consulting outside sources.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:17 PM 05-11-2015
No. Tyrion does in the books. Or well.. it's implied that he does or might or something. It's very vague and up for debate, I believe.

but Jon Connington does what Mormont does in the books (fishes Tyrion from the river, gets grey scale, and keeps it secret) and gets greyscale as a result. Damn.. I need to go back and reread the last two books. I'm so foggy on a lot of the details without consulting outside sources.
Tyrion doesn't have it in the book as far as I can remember. Only Connington got it from saving him.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 03:28 PM 05-11-2015
There is definitely the implication that Tyrion has it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 AM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
There is definitely the implication that Tyrion has it.
Hmmm....I never got that.

Griff/Connington for sure - but I don't recall any implication that Tyrion has it. Moreover, as he's a steady POV character, it's not as though mere 'implication' would be needed. If Tyrion knew he had greyscale, it would have been apparent through his thoughts/actions as a POV character.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 335
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up