ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1420 of 3903
« First < 42092013201370141014161417141814191420 142114221423142414301470152019202420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 06:18 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
IMO, yes.

I documented how shitty I felt for three weeks and my doc suggested I only go if I felt I absolutely had to.

But that’s just me, and I trust my doc more than I trust my wife lol.
But what's the line of "absolutely had to?" I feel like maybe I would have reached that point if I was in your shoes, experiencing what you were experiencing.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:18 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
LA could lose the 2022 Super Bowl if they don’t allow games to be played at the new LA stadium this upcoming season.

Generally the NFL requires a new stadium to be operational for a full year before allowing it to host a Super Bowl.
You’ve said some stupid shit, but thinking the NFL is going to take the SB from their Golden Child market is beyond stupid.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:18 PM 04-15-2020
Whoa.

Soooo....what's being done to ensure that will happen? And what's the timeline?
Just saying "we need to" doesn't give us any sort of useful information.

[Reply]
stumppy 06:21 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
LA could lose the 2022 Super Bowl if they don’t allow games to be played at the new LA stadium this upcoming season.

Generally the NFL requires a new stadium to be operational for a full year before allowing it to host a Super Bowl.
Certainly there's no reason at all to make an exception.
[Reply]
O.city 06:22 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't know what people think it takes to process these tests but do you realize the amount of resources it would take to test 22 million a day?
A lot

Just get it done if that’s what it’s gonna take
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:22 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
But what's the line of "absolutely had to?" I feel like maybe I would have reached that point if I was in your shoes, experiencing what you were experiencing.
Trust me, there were a couple of times my wife and I really had some tough choices. We kept a journal daily of times/temps/symptoms on a scale of 1-10, and kept a close eye on my O2. Like I said, I really trust my doc, and a good friend is an ER nurse at Johns Hopkins. Her recommendations and thoughts were in lockstep with my doc.

So yeah, others may have gone. I have a friend that thought I was stupid for not going. We knew that 1) they wouldn’t treat me any different than what I was getting at home and 2) if the test was right and I didn’t have it, I was running a huge risk of getting it when I was already in bad shape.

After reading about how many people are dying at home, you bet your ass I feel fortunate every second that things worked out. Really been an eye opener.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:23 PM 04-15-2020
Nah I get that, but I'm saying if they just told me go home, I'm not sure I'd want to. I've heard too many stories of people going home and then the situation turns dire before they can get back to the hospital.
Well, if the amount of cases are above your capacity, you can't take everybody.

Triage. You try to heal the worst cases.
[Reply]
limested 06:24 PM 04-15-2020
You’ve said some stupid shit, but thinking the NFL is going to take the SB from their Golden Child market is beyond stupid.
Just wait until tomorrow. I am 100% confident he will say something even more stupid than this.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:25 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
A lot

Just get it done if that’s what it’s gonna take
For some reason the America’s Not the Greatest Country speech from The Newsroom came to mind...
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:26 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Well, if the amount of cases are above your capacity, you can't take everybody.

Triage. You try to heal the worst cases.
THIS.

Huge factor in my case. I felt terrible but trusted my doc and the data we were keeping. Would have felt guilty taking a bed that someone else needed more than me.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:28 PM 04-15-2020
Already projecting no sporting events... even without fans... until 2021, as LA’s mayor did today is the definition of stupid shit.
[Reply]
O.city 06:28 PM 04-15-2020
For some reason the America’s Not the Greatest Country speech from The Newsroom came to mind...
If that’s what it’s gonna take, fucking figure it out
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:30 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If that’s what it’s gonna take, fucking figure it out
I agree, but for reasons we both know and will get us booted if we discuss here, it won’t.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:35 PM 04-15-2020
Blood thinner?
Yes

Originally Posted by Monticore:
My wife says that’s not uncommon for ICU patient who will mostly likely be bed ridden for a while to avoid blood clots not sure if that is specifically for covid.
Don't know she just said they are learning new things every day and alot of these new patients come in and their blood is thick and dark. This is something we have sort of discussed in this thread about all the clotting that is happening with covid.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:43 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Talked to my daughter tonight and she said they are now starting to give Heparin when they put covid patients in ICU
Blood thinner?
This could be for a lot of reasons.

When patients are in the hospital they are at an increased risk of a clot because most are confined to the bed, which affects venous return. Blood pooling leads to an increased chance of clot formation. Active infection also increases that risk. There is a score called the Padua prediction score that is used to determine if someone needs anticoagulation. Additionally, when patients have sepsis they are at risk of a condition called DIC, where small clots form all over.

Usually a provider will use a low molecular weight heparin (Lovenox is the most common one) to provide prophylaxis because you don't have to dose it as frequently and the risk of a particular side effect is lower. However, in patients that are older or with worsening kidney function, heparin is often used.

If the patients are septic, their renal function will tank because their kidneys aren't getting perfused with blood (BP drops--no pressure, no flow), so the use of heparin in this case makes sense.

At the same time (and this is what makes managing these cases tough), such patients are also at an increased chance of a bleed. Fortunately, heparin has a cheap, plentiful antidote.
[Reply]
Page 1420 of 3903
« First < 42092013201370141014161417141814191420 142114221423142414301470152019202420 > Last »
Up