ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1330 of 3903
« First < 33083012301280132013261327132813291330 133113321333133413401380143018302330 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 08:32 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What I find so strange is that its confidence level the other day had Missouri projected for like 500 some deaths with a max of 1200. Now it's back to saying upwards of 2600 at max.
I'm done trying to figure it out. Without other models to compare it to, I don't think there's much use in it. Maybe it's a tool we can look at from time to time, but I don't know how much confidence I really have in it overall.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:46 PM 04-10-2020
https://www.dailywire.com/news/early...ign=benshapiro

Sounds like a good thing but somone feel free to take a shit on the article and tell me why it's not.

"A phlebotomist working at*Roseland Community Hospital*said Thursday that 30% to 50% of patients tested for the coronavirus have antibodies while only around 10% to 20% of those tested have the active virus,”*Chicago City Wirereported Thursday."
[Reply]
ghak99 08:48 PM 04-10-2020
Another pork plant is shutting down to clean and reorganize after the union claims 2 died and ~50 workers are infected.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:50 PM 04-10-2020
I'm done trying to figure it out. Without other models to compare it to, I don't think there's much use in it. Maybe it's a tool we can look at from time to time, but I don't know how much confidence I really have in it overall.
There is so much information out there, almost too much. It could drive any normal person bananas. I check in here every so often, other than that I isolate myself from it.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:52 PM 04-10-2020
What I find so strange is that its confidence level the other day had Missouri projected for like 500 some deaths with a max of 1200. Now it's back to saying upwards of 2600 at max.
So they think in the next 3 weeks 2,500 people in mo are going to die?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:54 PM 04-10-2020
So according to Worldometers, CA had only 26 new deaths today. That is well below what they have been running which has been between 40ish-60ish.

Hopefully that's a good sign for the west coast.
[Reply]
TLO 08:57 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So they think in the next 3 weeks 2,500 people in mo are going to die?
That runs through August 1st.

1,161 is their estimate - with a low range of 400 to a high of 2900.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:59 PM 04-10-2020
That runs through August 1st.

1,161 is their estimate - with a low range of 400 to a high of 2900.
And this is the same model that appears to be wrong within 24 hours every time they change it?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:54 PM 04-10-2020
this seems to have gotten lost in all the other news, or i just missed it.

HHS Statements on Authorizing Licensed Pharmacists to Order and Administer COVID-19 Tests

Earlier today, the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health issued new guidance under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act authorizing licensed pharmacists to order and administer COVID-19 tests that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized.

HHS Secretary Alex Azar issued the following statement:

"Giving pharmacists the authorization to order and administer COVID-19 tests to their patients means easier access to testing for Americans who need it. Pharmacists play a vital role in delivering convenient access to important public health services and information. The Trump Administration is pleased to give pharmacists the chance to play a bigger role in the COVID-19 response, alongside all of America's heroic healthcare workers."

HHS Assistant Secretary for Health Brett P. Giroir, M.D. issued the following statement:

"In an effort to expand testing capabilities, we are authorizing licensed pharmacists to order and administer COVID-19 tests to their patients. The accessibility and distribution of retail and independent community-based pharmacies make pharmacists the first point of contact with a healthcare professional for many Americans. This will further expand testing for Americans, particularly our healthcare workers and first responders who are working around the clock to provide care, compassion and safety to others."

OASH's Guidance for Licensed Pharmacists, COVID-19 Testing, and Immunity under the PREP Act is available here - PDF.

FDA's Emergency Use Authorizations for diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices to diagnose and respond to public health emergencies is available here.

Priorities for testing patients with suspected COVID-19 infection are available here - PDF.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:04 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The cheap stuff is usually corn syrup mostly, so a big difference is pretty analogous to the difference between modern Coca Cola and Kosher cane sugar Coca Cola.

Mouthfeel and complexity to the flavor are the big differences. Cheap stuff is corn syrup with chemical flavorants. Real stuff is just tree sap with the excess water slowly boiled off.

EDIT: Oh, and if you consume too much of the real stuff, young men are prone to getting 'all antsy in the pantsy.'
In college I drank one of the table bottles of boysenberry at a greasy spoon in exchange for paying for my food and seven bucks.

Closest I can imagine going into a hyperglycemic crisis. Would not recommend.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:06 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
this seems to have gotten lost in all the other news, or i just missed it.

HHS Statements on Authorizing Licensed Pharmacists to Order and Administer COVID-19 Tests

Earlier today, the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health issued new guidance under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act authorizing licensed pharmacists to order and administer COVID-19 tests that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized.

HHS Secretary Alex Azar issued the following statement:

"Giving pharmacists the authorization to order and administer COVID-19 tests to their patients means easier access to testing for Americans who need it. Pharmacists play a vital role in delivering convenient access to important public health services and information. The Trump Administration is pleased to give pharmacists the chance to play a bigger role in the COVID-19 response, alongside all of America's heroic healthcare workers."

HHS Assistant Secretary for Health Brett P. Giroir, M.D. issued the following statement:

"In an effort to expand testing capabilities, we are authorizing licensed pharmacists to order and administer COVID-19 tests to their patients. The accessibility and distribution of retail and independent community-based pharmacies make pharmacists the first point of contact with a healthcare professional for many Americans. This will further expand testing for Americans, particularly our healthcare workers and first responders who are working around the clock to provide care, compassion and safety to others."

OASH's Guidance for Licensed Pharmacists, COVID-19 Testing, and Immunity under the PREP Act is available here - PDF.

FDA's Emergency Use Authorizations for diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices to diagnose and respond to public health emergencies is available here.

Priorities for testing patients with suspected COVID-19 infection are available here - PDF.
Makes sense. Hopefully they'll give them enough PPE to do it safely.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:12 PM 04-10-2020
Texas has got this under control follow our lead
[Reply]
jdubya 10:31 PM 04-10-2020
I`m in California and we have been sheltered in place for 4 weeks and "flinching" for the big blow.......that hasnt come yet. I`m guessing we are a week away from saying, "fk this shit we are going back to work"....if things are cool as they are today
[Reply]
srvy 11:04 PM 04-10-2020
That Costco maple syrup is inconsistent. I have got batches the had a burnt flavor and some that were fine. I now just get a small pint at the grocery so if it sucks it won't last as long.

My mom used to make a maple syrup clone that they did on the farm growing up. They didn't waste on such frill as the real stuff. It was damn good though tasted like IHOP when they were actually good. It was made with white and brown sugar, butter and maple extract along with other stuff. Like fools we never had her write stuff down as most her cooking was scratch and dementia she doesn't remember now. My sister tried but just isn't the same.

Oh and never mistake sorghum for pancake syrup its bitter terrible but dad loved it.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:09 PM 04-10-2020
Anybody ever try birch syrop ? I would my citizenship if I did but was always curious.
[Reply]
Page 1330 of 3903
« First < 33083012301280132013261327132813291330 133113321333133413401380143018302330 > Last »
Up