Originally Posted by :
BJ Kissel
BJ Kissel
@ChiefsReporter
·
33m
#Chiefs CB Steven Nelson (92.7 PFF Overall Grade) was
@PFF
's top-graded player last night. He was targeted six times and only allowed two receptions for 33 yards.

Over the past six games, Nelson has only allowed 264 yards while being targeted 42 times.

He’s having a pretty good season, and at least half of CP thinks he sucks. It’s a shame.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:44 PM 01-28-2019
He's a 4th CB, with his ceiling being a #3 on a decent defense.

Like I said like 6 months ago.

And a bunch of you claimed I knew nothing about football.

He's gonna get paid like a legit #2, but he they're not going to dig what they get for their money. I only hope The Raiders or Broncos sign him.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:44 PM 01-28-2019
I thought Nelson looked pretty good early in the season but he must be the worst deep ball corner I've ever seen.

Even worse than Gaines.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:47 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I thought Nelson looked pretty good early in the season but he must be the worst deep ball corner I've ever seen.

Even worse than Gaines.
It said a lot to me when during the Jaguars game they KEPT going after Nelson down field. And then the announcers said that in meetings the Jacksonville staff said they liked those matchups down the field.

Nelson has zero ball skills on deep routes, which is really bad when you lack long speed like he does.
[Reply]
Buckweath 03:50 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

He's gonna get paid like a legit #2, but he they're not going to dig what they get for their money. I only hope The Raiders or Broncos sign him.
Steven Nelson is a #2 CB all day.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Steven Nelson is a #2 CB all day.
Maybe on a bad team or a team that plays a ton of nickel and can play him inside. He's overmatched on the outside.
[Reply]
Buckweath 03:59 PM 01-28-2019
Just seen this list where he is rated to have had a better year than Jalen Ramsey lol: https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...he-nfl-in-2018

He is a good player I am telling you. You will get frustrated at times with him allowing long catches or getting a penalty but as I said, he is a #2 CB all day, and probably easily.

Stats speak for themselves.
[Reply]
O.city 04:04 PM 01-28-2019
I wouldn't have a problem having him as a 2/3 guy. He's not a top end corner.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wouldn't have a problem having him as a 2/3 guy. He's not a top end corner.
Not at the money he's likely to demand. I'd rather have more consistency for that kind of money.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:08 PM 01-28-2019
This FA group of corners is extremely thin. Nelson is going to cash in on the supply and demand aspect and the team that signs him will likely never get their money’s worth.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:09 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It said a lot to me when during the Jaguars game they KEPT going after Nelson down field. And then the announcers said that in meetings the Jacksonville staff said they liked those matchups down the field.

Nelson has zero ball skills on deep routes, which is really bad when you lack long speed like he does.
He’s a nickel corner. Doesn’t have the skill set to play outside.

But somebody will pay him like an outside guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:10 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

You believe there are ninety corners in this league better than Steven Nelson?

Man, you really need to take a look at the state of CB play in this league. I don't think you could get even close to 60 CBs in football that are better than him.

He will be the 2nd best corner on probably half the teams in the league. And yes, that's an indictment on the state of CBs in the league more than it is a testament to Steven Nelson's skill. CB is just pretty nasty out there right now. Part of it is due to the rules but part of it is, IMO, just the fact that more guys with the skill to play CB and gravitating towards other positions or even other sports. If you're 6'2'', 200 lbs and run like a deer, you're probably looking to play WR and that's IF you couldn't develop a consistent left-hand dribble or 24 footer.

It's just a rough time for the position around the league right now.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:14 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You believe there are ninety corners in this league better than Steven Nelson?

Man, you really need to take a look at the state of CB play in this league. I don't think you could get even close to 60 CBs in football that are better than him.

He will be the 2nd best corner on probably half the teams in the league. And yes, that's an indictment on the state of CBs in the league more than it is a testament to Steven Nelson's skill. CB is just pretty nasty out there right now. Part of it is due to the rules but part of it is, IMO, just the fact that more guys with the skill to play CB and gravitating towards other positions or even other sports. If you're 6'2'', 200 lbs and run like a deer, you're probably looking to play WR and that's IF you couldn't develop a consistent left-hand dribble or 24 footer.

It's just a rough time for the position around the league right now.
I’ve already been over this with him, or at least I think it was him.

Somebody that was calling Nelson a #4 didn’t think it meant that they were saying exactly this.

:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:18 PM 01-28-2019
Did you guys know that it is customary on Nelson Island for one man to grab the back of another mans jersey. Then the first man drags the second man all over the island and catches footballs thrown to him. Every so often the man being dragged will knock a football away then dance, claiming victory. But unfortunately for the dancing male a person watching this exchange shows up and throws a yellow towel at the dancing man.
[Reply]
rtmike 04:56 PM 01-28-2019
So what you guys are saying is he has a case of “Mighty Mouse” in him.

Oh goodness those were some bad times, lol.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:57 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd keep an eye on Jonathan Jones, if the Pats were to let him go.

Pj Williams or Justin Coleman is another couple of lowkey guys that could work out.

Lowkey?
[Reply]
Page 23 of 25
« First < 131920212223 2425 >
Up