ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 382
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:50 AM 01-30-2019
I'm looking forward to this in July:

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:20 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I don't see what all the fuss is about BCBS...its good but I'll take CBS and even KBS any day over it.
:-)

KBS may be the most overrated stout there is.

CBS on the other hand is good beer.

BCBS is a fantastic beer.
[Reply]
Jilly 08:28 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Why July? Is it not out all year cuz I’m almost positive I saw it on the shelf at hyvee the other day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:30 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

CBS on the other hand is good beer.

BCBS is a fantastic beer.
I think it's fantastic, to each their own. BCBS is good but not even in my top 5 stouts. Sump is also better in my opinion.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:57 AM 01-30-2019
BCBS used to be head and shoulders better than anything else out there, and now it's not.... and I personally don't think BCBS is any worse (or better) than 5+ years ago (the big difference is that it doesn't seem nearly as boozy if you drink it right away), but now there's Stone Mikhail, Southern Tier Monstrosus, Good Times Monster's Park, and the list goes on.

I mean, I still bought a combined case of original and variants, but only because I didn't have to stand in line for it or drive around to several beer stores. IMO, it's no longer worth the hassle I went through to get it when I lived in KC, but only because there's so many other excellent stouts out there these days.

As far as Founders, I agree that KBS is overrated... I like CBS. Lizard of Koz is my 2nd favorite Founders beer after CBS, even though it's one of the few cases where I disagree with a lower rating on beeradvocate.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:09 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Jilly:
Why July? Is it not out all year cuz I’m almost positive I saw it on the shelf at hyvee the other day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Double Two Hearted is listed as a July release. I don't think it's been brewed since 2015. Regular Two Hearted is year round.

https://www.bellsbeer.com/beer/speci...le-two-hearted
[Reply]
Jilly 09:29 AM 01-30-2019
Double Two Hearted is listed as a July release. I don't think it's been brewed since 2015. Regular Two Hearted is year round.

https://www.bellsbeer.com/beer/speci...le-two-hearted
Ah now I see the difference. My bad. Sounds delicious tho.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:32 AM 01-30-2019
More than anything, regular BCBS is losing traction to the flavored, diabeetus stout trend.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:31 AM 01-30-2019
More than anything, regular BCBS is losing traction to the flavored, diabeetus stout trend.
Mmmmmmmm, pastry stouts.....
[Reply]
Shag 10:34 AM 01-30-2019
I normally don't pick up much year-to-year variance in BCBS, but this years (the 15.2% bottle) has much more dark fruit than years past, imo. I'm good with the one bottle I had. In related news, their long time Brewmaster left the company this week for Octopi Brewing outside Madison WI. His quote is pretty telling on what it's like brewing for Big Beer:
I wonder how much of that is InBev vs Goose just being a really big craft brewer, even before the acquisition. Probably some of both, but it would be interesting to know how autonomous they truly are.
[Reply]
MTG#10 11:10 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

In my opinion BCBS is the most overrated stout there is. Granted, this year was the first time Ive tried it but...meh.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:28 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Shag:
I wonder how much of that is InBev vs Goose just being a really big craft brewer, even before the acquisition. Probably some of both, but it would be interesting to know how autonomous they truly are.
Obviously a lot changed after the acquisition. InBev's QA people wrote up over 100 violations after touring the Goose brewery. Several people quit over the new drug testing policy alone. Autonomy was part of the negotiations and I think InBev tries their best to accommodate, or at least give that appearance, but ultimately they're a well oiled machine of processes and margins. That said, there is still some autonomy. They release new beers available only on tap and to-go at the Chicago brewery all the time, but honestly, they're not that exciting anymore and have a big beer feel. All the creativity seems to go into their marketing and not the beer making, and that's an InBev thing, imo.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:06 PM 01-30-2019

2 Hearted is my favorite $2 a pint ale ever. So now is $4? Bummer dude, why are you looking forward to it?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:21 PM 02-08-2019

[Reply]
phisherman 09:06 PM 02-08-2019
Pastry stouts for me, bro!
[Reply]
Page 284 of 382
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334 > Last »
Up