ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 382
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
NewChief 02:38 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That's right, Snake Party. Wish I had tried the Stout.

The taproom is pretty fancy I must say.
Rebel Kettle is also right down the street, and it's pretty good as well with a nice taproom. It's cool, too, because Lost40 kind of sticks to traditional American stuff whereas Rebel Kettle does weird sours and wilds and saisons.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:28 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
Downtown:
- Ballast Point
- Bottlecraft
- Karl Strauss
- Resident
- Monkey Paw
Ballast Point is quickly becoming a favorite... had some Victory at Sea on tap last week and it was excellent, and bought a very good Mocha Marlin last weekend.

Also tried the Red Velvet, which is light red, light in taste, 5% ABV, and oddly named an Oatmeal Stout... not bad though.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:53 PM 03-10-2017
Wife was at the store and came home to tell me that she saw a new Boulevard beer on the shelves. I asked which one was it? Her words, "it was triple something?"

Any help?
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:56 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Wife was at the store and came home to tell me that she saw a new Boulevard beer on the shelves. I asked which one was it? Her words, "it was triple something?"

Any help?
https://boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers...trange-tripel/
[Reply]
lewdog 07:06 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
https://boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers...trange-tripel/
She just looked at that link and said that was it.

I will address spelling and reading with her next week.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:22 PM 03-10-2017
She just looked at that link and said that was it.

I will address spelling and reading with her next week.
:-)

I have one that I brought from KC... it was a going away beer from someone who clearly doesn't get me, but I feel bad throwing out beer gifts.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:41 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

I have one that I brought from KC... it was a going away beer from someone who clearly doesn't get me, but I feel bad throwing out beer gifts.
What's wrong with it? Looks like something I'd enjoy actually as a Belgian style. I'm a beer softie though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:49 PM 03-10-2017
What's wrong with it? Looks like something I'd enjoy actually as a Belgian style. I'm a beer softie though.
Belgians all taste the same to me... I've heard people refer to it as 'spicy hops' (which is what the description of that beer says), but I think it's the yeast that's used. I've never had that one, but don't care for them. The rest of the description doesn't sound bad at all though.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:14 PM 03-15-2017
I'm in Columbia, MO for one night only.

Anything I can get here that you can't get/is hard to get in STL or KC?

Any brewpubs to check out?
[Reply]
phisherman 04:16 PM 03-15-2017
Try Logboat Brewing Company.
Rock Bridge's beers are also pretty darn good.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:54 PM 03-15-2017
Boulevard's Scotch on Scotch is fucking fabulous
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:22 PM 03-15-2017
Drove over to Craft Beer Cellar to check out the selection. Enjoyed a Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye and a Mothers' Barrel Aged MILF while I shopped.

Walked out with some stuff I can't get regularly/at all in STL:

Prairie Artisan Phantasmagoria
Uinta Hop Nosh
Mother's Lil Helper
Ballast Point Sculpin
[Reply]
phisherman 06:31 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Drove over to Craft Beer Cellar to check out the selection. Enjoyed a Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye and a Mothers' Barrel Aged MILF while I shopped.

Walked out with some stuff I can't get regularly/at all in STL:

Prairie Artisan Phantasmagoria
Uinta Hop Nosh
Mother's Lil Helper
Ballast Point Sculpin
Where do you shop in St. Louis? I've seen all of those beers in St. Louis at one time or another. Try Randall's, Lukas, Friar Tuck's, etc. Seriously, none of those are particularly sought after and they should be all over.

If you want more, let me know, I'll pick them up for you in KC.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:37 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Where do you shop in St. Louis? I've seen all of those beers in St. Louis at one time or another. Try Randall's, Lukas, Friar Tuck's, etc. Seriously, none of those are particularly sought after and they should be all over.

If you want more, let me know, I'll pick them up for you in KC.
I shop at Randall's regularly.

The guy in the shop said that Mother's doesn't distribute to STL County yet...I haven't seen it.

I see stuff from Prairie, but I hadn't seen Phantasmagoria before.

I hadn't seen anything from Uinta either, but I haven't exactly been looking to be honest.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:05 PM 03-15-2017
I guess you're right about Mother's; weird, I swear I have seen their beers in town at least a time or two.

Maybe I'm just getting it confused with my local HyVee, which has piles of all of those beers.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 382
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287337 > Last »
Up