View Poll Results: The Dems are evil because:
A. They haven't called for Fairfax to resign 0 0%
B. The have called for Fairfax to resign 0 0%
Both A and B!!! 1 14.29%
I'm sane 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Lt.Gov. Fairfax: The Dems are evil because . . .
NinerDoug 07:57 PM 02-08-2019
So, which is it? Are they evil because they haven't called for him to resign, or are they evil because they have called for him to resign?

Poll coming.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:46 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Looks like no one will resign to be impeached.

"Virginia, come for the Blackface, stay and get raped."
:-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:01 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:

Yeah, well, there's a bit of difference between:

1. Donning blackface at a party when you are a stupid kid in your twenties, in the 1980s, causing no one any harm; and,

2. Rape.

The two blackface guys said their apologies, that should be the end of it with them. The idea that either of them should resign over this is ridiculous.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:02 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Today is the day where they're supposed to file articles of impeachment against the Lt Gov.
He said he's holding off on that based on feedback from colleagues.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:07 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Yeah, well, there's a bit of difference between:

1. Donning blackface at a party when you are a stupid kid in your twenties, in the 1980s, causing no one any harm; and,

2. Rape.

The two blackface guys said their apologies, that should be the end of it with them. The idea that either of them should resign over this is ridiculous.
I agree with 1 and 2 but would like to add...

There is a big difference between Lt. Gov's Rape accusation and the Kavanaugh accusation as well. Kavanaugh's were from high school and what he was to have allegedly done was far from rape. It was also accused by someone in the opposite party, who had previous anti-Trump comments and was not well documented and no real facts or witnesses and took place 35 years before. The Lt. Gov was accused by 2 women who support his positions politically and one worked with him on a campaign. They have documented the time and place of the occurrence and told friends about it soon after. This being said, I hate the rush to judgement and the Lt. Governor also has the right to due process.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:08 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I just want everyone held to the same standards.
If you were on board with lynching Kavanaugh over 40 year old accusations with no real reason to believe them, you'd better be for believing the women in this case.

I personally don't care that much about the Lt Gov of Iowa, let alone Virginia. I had no idea of his ethnicity until yesterday and it doesn't matter to me. What I will say is his accusers appear to have less reason to lie and more documentation that they did indeed tell others. While I'm always skeptical that a woman is "forced" to perform oral due to her ability to take a bite out of crime....Don't be a hypocrite. I don't understand why the women didn't come forward before, or during the metoo bandwagon so it's worth some benefit of the doubt, but it should be investigated. Race doesn't matter to me at all in this, guilty is guilty, innocent is innocent.
Both of these women have stronger cases than Dr. Ford had against Kavanaugh. Especially the woman who alleges she was raped by him in college, reported it to the dean at the time, who swept it under the rug, and told various friends about it at the time.

Originally Posted by :
The people comparing rape to blackface halloween costumes in the 80s are the real head scratchers here. It's not the same conversation.
No shit. It's like comparing cutting someone off in traffic to murder. They are not even in the same universe.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:12 AM 02-11-2019
Both of these women have stronger cases than Dr. Ford had against Kavanaugh. Especially the woman who alleges she was raped by him in college, reported it to the dean at the time, who swept it under the rug, and told various friends about it at the time.

No shit. It's like comparing cutting someone off in traffic to murder. They are not even in the same universe.
Especially for liberal politicians who haven't been portrayed as racist for political purpose...
[Reply]
TLO 11:13 AM 02-11-2019
TRUMP!
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:14 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I agree with 1 and 2 but would like to add...

There is a big difference between Lt. Gov's Rape accusation and the Kavanaugh accusation as well. Kavanaugh's were from high school and what he was to have allegedly done was far from rape. It was also accused by someone in the opposite party, who had previous anti-Trump comments and was not well documented and no real facts or witnesses and took place 35 years before. The Lt. Gov was accused by 2 women who support his positions politically and one worked with him on a campaign. They have documented the time and place of the occurrence and told friends about it soon after. This being said, I hate the rush to judgement and the Lt. Governor also has the right to due process.
Agree completely. Not sure what the SOL is for rape in North Carolina, but this guy could potentially find himself charged with a crime, at least over the first one. BK could have admitted what he was accused of doing and there would not be any criminal charges.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:17 AM 02-11-2019
Agree completely. Not sure what the SOL is for rape in North Carolina, but this guy could potentially find himself charged with a crime, at least over the first one. BK could have admitted what he was accused of doing and there would not be any criminal charges.
I know, I just heard over and over on this weeks politcal shows that the Dems and should just wait it out like the Reps did with Kavanaugh. Those statements are so misleading and out of context...
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:19 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I know, I just heard over and over on this weeks politcal shows that the Dems and should just wait it out like the Reps did with Kavanaugh. Those statements are so misleading and out of context...
The guys in blackface? Absolutely.

This guy? He's toast.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up