ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Is Apple TV Useless Or Am I Not Understanding It?
vailpass 01:22 PM 02-08-2020
I bought a new iPad and activated the free 1 year Apple TV sub.

So near as I can tell it’s just a big collection of shows and services (HBO, etc.),you can pay for. There appear to be a couple of original content offerings.

So is it just an app to show you content you can pay for? What would make someone pay a monthly subscription for it?
[Reply]
Fish 03:41 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Wait, im confused now...are we talking about the hardware or the subscription service?
The subscription service. But don't feel bad, because Apple made it confusing as hell.

There's an AppleTV hardware device.
There's an AppleTV app that runs on all newer Apple devices(OS X, iOS).
There's an AppleTV+ subscription service that you can optionally subscribe to within the AppleTV app.

So.... the AppleTV+ service runs within the AppleTV app, that runs on the AppleTV. :-)

The AppleTV app can link lots of subscription services, including AppleTV+/HBOGo/Cinemax/CBS All Access/etc so that they all run within the AppleTV app.

Simple as rocket surgery.
[Reply]
candyman 05:27 PM 02-11-2020
Servant is worth a watch if you like creepy shit.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:41 AM 02-15-2020
Looks like a ploy to push the Apple brand. They rely on people thinking that they need an Apple version of everything, and that it has to be the newest version of whatever Apple thing is available.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:03 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Looks like a ploy to push the Apple brand. They rely on people thinking that they need an Apple version of everything, and that it has to be the newest version of whatever Apple thing is available.
Wouldn't really say its a "ploy" Netflix and Amazon have been insanely successful making their own content for an online platform, it makes sense that others will try and get in on the market. If they make good content that people want to watch then people will subscribe, or maybe they won't crack the market and it will just fizzle out.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:57 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Wouldn't really say its a "ploy" Netflix and Amazon have been insanely successful making their own content for an online platform, it makes sense that others will try and get in on the market. If they make good content that people want to watch then people will subscribe, or maybe they won't crack the market and it will just fizzle out.
From what people are saying in this thread AppleTV has shit for content and is obnoxiously pushing itself as a media aggregator for paid content from other sources. That's not what Netflix did at all. As for Amazon they have years of success delivering material goods, and it feels like a natural progression for them to go from selling books and hard copies of media to investing in their own programming while transitioning to e-books and streaming video. This is just Apple trying to stamp 'Apple' on something and hoping people will fall for it. Can't blame them, they've been doing that for a long time and it has worked.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:32 AM 02-15-2020
I believe I heard Apple was able to pull a top guy from HBO to help Build some shows/content.

It will take a few years, but I’m sure the content will improve.
[Reply]
Jenson71 06:11 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
I liked the morning show. Great cast and good script.
I'm a few episodes in Season 2 now. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure. I wouldn't recommend it or tell people in real life that I watch it.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:56 PM 01-19-2022
You need to put on a black turtleneck and then it will all make sense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:12 AM 01-20-2022
Apple said yesterday they are prepared to "spend billions" to bring live sports to their platform.

Things are going to get very interesting in the future.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up