ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars post Skywalker
keg in kc 04:29 PM 01-05-2020
Project Luminous? Rumored to be Star Wars pre Skywalker era, but rather than Old Republic era it will be so-called High Republic, about 400 years before the Battle of Yavin (which means Yoda is alive...) and it may start with a video game next year before branching out into print, TV and eventually film. Basically sounds like, instead of doing trilogies, they're going to try to go the route of the MCU.

Couple different sources initially out with leaks about this yesterday, and it's starting to spread wider today.

https://makingstarwars.net/2020/01/t...-republic-era/
https://ziro.hu/english/exclusive-pr...-of-star-wars/
https://www.slashfilm.com/the-future...ct-luminosity/

If this is real it should be announced by Disney in the next few weeks. We shall see.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:33 PM 01-05-2020
As long as JJ isn't involved, they should be fine.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:37 PM 01-05-2020
I would prefer the Old Republic era BUT, a younger Yoda certainly has some appeal.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:37 PM 01-05-2020
So is the only media from the Old Republic the video games?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:39 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
there's a fuckton of books and comics
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:40 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
there's a fuckton of books and comics
Are they Canon?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:41 PM 01-05-2020
Are they Canon?
no, but neither is the shit JJ ripped off for the ST
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:44 PM 01-05-2020
Lots of comics and novels. But this is a different period. I'm not familiar with anything set 300-400 years in the past. The premise sounds kind of like Zahn's Outbound Flight, but set hundreds of years prior. I think they're trying to create their own period of canon.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:03 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Lots of comics and novels. But this is a different period. I'm not familiar with anything set 300-400 years in the past. The premise sounds kind of like Zahn's Outbound Flight, but set hundreds of years prior. I think they're trying to create their own period of canon.
I was told directly that Benioff & Weiss's project was to be set 30,000 years ago and involve the first Force users. Jason's saying that Benioff & Weiss were going to work with this time period but that must have been what Lucasfilm had suggested, not B&W.

If this report is true, I don't understand how they're going to incorporate The Sith since not only is the "Rule of Two" in effect, The Sith were thought to been extinct for a millennia (at least according to Mace Windu).

This is going to be lame without a true Force enemy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:11 PM 01-05-2020
Also, Yoda was 900 years old in Return of the Jedi. The only Sith he encountered were during the Republic/Empire Era in Darth Maul, Sidious, Vader and Dooku.

It makes more sense to set it 4,000 years before ANH, not 400.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:39 PM 01-05-2020
Enemy doesn't have to be Sith.

Here's your enemy:

Originally Posted by :
The Rakata (also known as the Builders) were a humanoid species with distinctive amphibian features. They were a technologically advanced race that developed early in galactic history, even developing some early hyperdrive technology.

Long-term use of the dark side of the Force corrupted their society and turned them into a race of merciless warriors. The Rakata used their potent Force-powered technologies to conquer and enslave every other species they came across throughout their known galaxy.

During the reign of their Infinite Empire, they were characterized by their cruelty, savagery, and arrogance. They were known to strip entire planets of their resources, terraform worlds to fit their own shifting needs; to kill entire slave workforces; and to eat and defile the bodies of slain enemies and even members of their own species.

There's your plot. The remnants of the Rakatan civilization try to return to power. A rift in the Jedi over how they can stop them - whether they need to dabble in the dark side.

Sounds fun.

Now complain about the googly eyes.

[Reply]
keg in kc 10:01 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I was told directly that Benioff & Weiss's project was to be set 30,000 years ago and involve the first Force users. Jason's saying that Benioff & Weiss were going to work with this time period but that must have been what Lucasfilm had suggested, not B&W.
Variety reported a while back that B&W wanted to do the origin of the Jedi but Lucasfilm execs soured on the idea, and that was possibly the reason for the split.
Originally Posted by :
If this report is true, I don't understand how they're going to incorporate The Sith since not only is the "Rule of Two" in effect, The Sith were thought to been extinct for a millennia (at least according to Mace Windu).

This is going to be lame without a true Force enemy.
From one of the links:

The plot would involve a group of Jedi setting out to explore the then-unknown regions of the Galaxy (Timothy Zahn’s Outbound Flight might come into mind, which also deals with the Jedi exploring what lies outside the edges of the Galaxy). According to our informant, the Jedi would get involved in numerous adventures and conflicts with three different types of enemies, the darkest being ancient evils, Sith gods of some sort.

Obviously to be taken with a grain of salt until something is announced. I only posted it because similar leaks are coming from multiple independent sources that have been reliable at times in the past. So maybe smoke? Hard to tell...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:42 PM 01-05-2020
The title of the thread says post Skywalker. But then you talk about events before Luke Skywalker even existed. Which is it?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:04 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The title of the thread says post Skywalker. But then you talk about events before Luke Skywalker even existed. Which is it?
It's Star Wars in the post-Skywalker Movie era.

Not post-Skywalker timeline.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:26 AM 01-06-2020
Wouldn’t mind a Star Wars GOT type of show
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up