ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 39
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:04 PM 06-03-2019
Michael Keaton is Batman, and the rest are just pretenders.
Jack Nicholson is Joker, but Ledger's at least got a fair claim to the title.
[Reply]
007 10:12 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Besides Nolan's trilogy there is no agreement on a "great" batman. Just because you haven't seen the lead in anything other than a stupid vampire film, don't be judgemental. Just saying. Maybe he stinks up the role. Cloney, Keaton are damn good actors and they stunk as Batman.
:-)
Keaton did NOT stink as Batman. Get out of here with that nonsense.

While I did love the Nolan trilogy, I still feel that Keaton was the best batman.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:39 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
There is no Twilight stigma. Good lord. Let it go. :-):-):-)
Actors hate being known by their one defining role, I’m sure Pattinson wants this to succeed to put a more predominant role as what he’s known for.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:44 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Actors hate being known by their one defining role, I’m sure Pattinson wants this to succeed to put a more predominant role as what he’s known for.
Yep...and he's in the upcoming Nolan movie as well...this is just starting for him
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:09 AM 06-04-2019
@AaronCouch: Matt Reeves is said to have considered Pattinson early in the process but had no idea if he'd want the role. @Borys_Kit goes inside #TheBatman casting https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1215438

JUNE 04, 20196:00am PT by*Borys Kit

"Quick" Debates and Secret Screen Tests: How Robert Pattinson Became Batman

Director Matt Reeves, who picked the 'Twilight' star over Nicholas Hoult, is said to have screen-tested both actors in a Batsuit from a previous Caped Crusader film.

Two weeks ago, a black jacket-clad Robert Pattinson faced flashbulbs and reporters at the Cannes Film Festival premiere of his period drama,*The Lighthouse. When one guest approached him at the reception and said, “I heard you were the new Batman,” he offered only a sly smile and stayed mum.
In reality, Pattinson was not the Caped Crusader…just yet. Hours after his Cannes duties in designer duds, he would be on a plane to Los Angeles to face perhaps the biggest test of his acting career: putting on a Batsuit for director Matt Reeves, who is casting*The Batman.
That test was officially passed Friday, when Warner Bros. announced that Pattinson had won the role. The decision was the culmination of an intense process that insiders describe as surprisingly quick. As opposed to most superhero casting efforts, which often include far-and-wide searches and dozens of screen tests for the likes of Superman or more recently, Spider-Man, the Batman process was notably smooth.
“It was quick,” says one Warners insider. “Quicker than normal.”
Reeves, who was hired to write and direct a new Batman movie in February 2017, was envisioning actors while penning the script, according to sources familiar with the filmmaker’s thinking. It helped that this new Batman needed to conform to a defined age bracket. He is written as around 30 years old, and the story is neither another rehashing of his origin nor the tale of a seasoned crimefighter ruling Gotham City. He is Bruce Wayne still trying to find his footing on his way to becoming the genius detective.
This, of course, eliminated Ben Affleck, as*THRfirst reported*back in July 2017. (Affleck and Warner Bros. denied the recasting at the time because the actor, who had played the role in*Batman v Superman*and*Justice League, was to have headlined his own stand-alone movie that was sidelined when the studio began rethinking its superhero strategy.)
Reeves is said to have considered Pattinson, 33, early on in the process, says one source, even though no outreach was made. Reeves didn’t even know if the actor wanted the part. Since Pattinson shot to fame as a heartthrob vampire in the*Twilight*films, he has built a solid résumé in smaller, well-reviewed independent films like*Good Time*and*Maps to the Stars. He has assiduously avoided big studio franchise films.
But that fact actually made him more attractive to Reeves and the executive team at Warner Bros. Specifically, Pattinson has not yet appeared in a Marvel Studios movie, and name-brand actors not working for the DC Comics rival are becoming few and far between. While there are no contract provisions prohibiting Marvel actors from appearing in DC/Warner Bros. movies and vice versa, execs believe that cross-pollination dilutes both brands and can cause confusion for audiences, especially from a marketing point of view.
Nicholas Hoult, 29, who became Pattinson’s chief rival later in the process, had been appearing as Hank McCoy, aka the Beast, in the X-Men movies. But Warners execs didn’t disqualify him because the X-Men flicks are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, are ensemble in nature and Hoult spent large chunks of those movies unrecognizable as a furry blue mutant.
Reeves is said to have spent hours poring over the two actors’ work and met with them in April. Pattinson has far more name recognition than Hoult, but it was his work in*Good Time*and*High Life, among others, that Reeves kept on coming back to. Hoult, too, had impressed the deliberate filmmaker, known for his thought-provoking work on the*Planet of the Apes*franchise, with*The Favourite*this winter.
The two actors in short order became the only contenders, and during the week of May 20, when Pattinson flew in from Cannes, both shot screen tests in costume on the Burbank lot. Each had a pre-negotiated deal in place, ready to go into effect for whoever had the final contingency lifted, the screen test.
Pattinson and Hoult put on a suit from a previous Batman movie, as has become customary in the Bat-test process. (Christian Bale, before landing*Batman Begins, performed his test in the suit used by Val Kilmer in 1995’sBatman Forever, for instance.) Did they embody the character? How did their eyes look and act? Is there a specialness to them? Those were the questions Reeves and the studio wanted answered.
“(Reeves) wanted very specific things,” says one insider. “He knew what he was looking for.”
Reeves and Warners execs took the week after Memorial Day to deliberate their choices, and by Thursday night, made the calls to the actors. The Batman who would lead the studio into the 2020s had been found.
Pattinson now moves on to the next stage: getting fitted for his own Batsuit, and training for a shoot that will likely take place in early 2020.
[Reply]
JD10367 04:51 PM 06-04-2019
"Reeves, who was hired to write and direct a new Batman movie in February 2017, was envisioning actors while penning the script, according to sources familiar with the filmmaker’s thinking. It helped that this new Batman needed to conform to a defined age bracket. He is written as around 30 years old, and the story is neither another rehashing of his origin nor the tale of a seasoned crimefighter ruling Gotham City. He is Bruce Wayne still trying to find his footing on his way to becoming the genius detective."

When you think about it, Batman is a pretty diverse character. In the first half of the 20th century he was more of the detective. In the later half of the 20th century, he got bigger--and angrier. Sometimes he's portrayed as a bitter angry kung-fu master, sometimes he's portrayed as a regular joe who is just rich enough to invent cool toys. Sometimes he's portrayed with deep character (Bale), sometimes he's portrayed like a piece of cardboard (Clooney, Kilmer). So how RP does in this role will depend a lot on the writing, IMO. If they do go more for the middle-ground Batman of more detecting and less angry ass-kicking, then it might work.
[Reply]
Bump 05:17 PM 06-04-2019
I was bored last night and watched Good Time on amazon, it had this guy in it. It was alright, but it's hard to imagine him as Batman.

I used to love Batman movies and everything, but comic book movies have been ruined for me so I doubt I'll be very interested in watching it. If it ever comes to whatever streaming service I'm using, I'll probably watch it then.
[Reply]
R Clark 05:55 PM 06-04-2019
Keaton kicks bales ass
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:59 PM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I was bored last night and watched Good Time on amazon, it had this guy in it. It was alright, but it's hard to imagine him as Batman.

I used to love Batman movies and everything, but comic book movies have been ruined for me so I doubt I'll be very interested in watching it. If it ever comes to whatever streaming service I'm using, I'll probably watch it then.
Comic book movies are better than they've ever been. You're a fucking crybaby.
[Reply]
Bump 08:53 PM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Comic book movies are better than they've ever been. You're a ****ing crybaby.
:-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:31 AM 06-05-2019
Comic book movies are better than they've ever been. You're a fucking crybaby.
MARTHA!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:34 AM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
MARTHA!!!!!!! :-)
Why did you say that name???!!!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:32 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
MARTHA!!!!!!! :-)
Mhmm.. lol

Then tell me: what era was the peak of comic book movie quality?
[Reply]
Bump 04:41 PM 06-05-2019
Mhmm.. lol

Then tell me: what era was the peak of comic book movie quality?
well in my humble opinion, I really liked the Nolan Batmans, the Christopher Reeves Supermans, the Michael Keaton Batmans, the first 2 XMen movies. I consider them all comic book classics. The first 2 Spider Mans with Tobey I liked. Not a fan of the newer ones.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:47 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
well in my humble opinion, I really liked the Nolan Batmans, the Christopher Reeves Supermans, the Michael Keaton Batmans, the first 2 XMen movies. I consider them all comic book classics. The first 2 Spider Mans with Tobey I liked. Not a fan of the newer ones.
Well, that's kind of all over the place. Seems like the last comic book movie you liked came out about seven years ago.. didn't like Infinity War? Endgame? Iron Man? Captain America: Winter Soldier? What ruined comic book movies for you in the last seven years?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 39
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up