ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 172
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Brock 07:10 PM 03-03-2015
This show is fucking great.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:20 PM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Johnny Hooker running a scam for Henry Gondorff

Scammer's wallet

Very clever, those rascals.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:30 PM 03-03-2015
The story with Saul's brother is getting a little tiresome.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:50 PM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
The story with Saul's brother is getting a little tiresome.
He is serving an important purpose. Saul still wants to please him and be a legitimate lawyer. You can start to see how he is going to have a real conflict of interests with regards to staying honest and pleasing his brother or being tempted by other means of income.

Factoring in the brother seemingly being manipulative of Saul and Saul feeling that he owes his brother for helping him out of big trouble in the flashback and you have an interesting dynamic.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:24 PM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
He is serving an important purpose. Saul still wants to please him and be a legitimate lawyer. You can start to see how he is going to have a real conflict of interests with regards to staying honest and pleasing his brother or being tempted by other means of income.

Factoring in the brother seemingly being manipulative of Saul and Saul feeling that he owes his brother for helping him out of big trouble in the flashback and you have an interesting dynamic.
This. And it's totally within the writers' dynamic. Slow and fast. Lots of character development etc.
It's a good show. I'm really digging it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:35 PM 03-03-2015
Since Saul's bro and his chick are nowhere in bb it makes me wonder if something happens to them later.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:35 AM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Since Saul's bro and his chick are nowhere in bb it makes me wonder if something happens to them later.
We dont really know anything about Saul outside of his office though from BB.
[Reply]
Otter 10:25 AM 03-04-2015
Got caught up on this last night and give it a solid 8/10 so far. One very minor pet peave; when Saul goes to his brother's house why does he put his electronics in the mail box instead of just leaving them in the car?
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:43 AM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Otter:
Got caught up on this last night and give it a solid 8/10 so far. One very minor pet peave; when Saul goes to his brother's house why does he put his electronics in the mail box instead of just leaving them in the car?
Two reasons...
1. Then the audience wouldn't really know how bad his brother's 'condition' is.
2. I believe that Jimmy's brother likes to actually see the electronics being put away (at times).
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:06 PM 03-04-2015
it's a federal offense to mess with mail he is a lawyer and he knows that.
[Reply]
notorious 02:48 PM 03-04-2015
Saul and Mike connection begins.......
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:19 PM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
it's a federal offense to mess with mail he is a lawyer and he knows that.
Not sure if serious, but the daily local newspaper isn't delivered by mail.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 04:16 PM 03-04-2015
it took that old lady nearly 90 seconds of uncut television to get down stairs to the couch. I can understand why people called this episode slow. I still loved it.
[Reply]
Otter 05:03 PM 03-04-2015
Who would win in no holds barred fight to the death? Paco or Tommy DeSimone (Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas)?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:19 PM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Not sure if serious, but the daily local newspaper isn't delivered by mail.
He's talking about the mailbox being a secure place to put electronics instead of leaving them in one's car, nothing about newspapers.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 172
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up