ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 172
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:51 PM 01-31-2018
Rhea Seehorn played an Ann Coulter clone on last night's SVU.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:38 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Rhea Seehorn played an Ann Coulter clone on last night's SVU.
That's fascinating.
If anything else happens on TV, let us know.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:18 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
That's fascinating.
If anything else happens on TV, let us know.
Can you keep your cunt ass comments contained to the DC, please? There is literally nobody outside that place that wants to read that shit outside of the DC.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:36 PM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Can you keep your **** ass comments contained to the DC, please? There is literally nobody outside that place that wants to read that shit outside of the DC.
Yeah...because no one makes comments outside of DC...you fucking moron.

Look a few posts up and get pissy over that exchange, too. How about the Lounge? You spend all day crying about comments there? Now go back to humping your sister or whatever it is you do.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:06 PM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Yeah...because no one makes comments outside of DC...you fucking moron.

Look a few posts up and get pissy over that exchange, too. How about the Lounge? You spend all day crying about comments there? Now go back to humping your sister or whatever it is you do.
Lick my taint, twat waffle. BL comes in here and innocuously makes a comment about a BCS cast member in another show and you turn the cunt up to 11. I figure it is over some DC shit.

There is literally fucking nobody outside the DC that has anything good to say about you. So I figure the only people that appreciate you are in DC.

Go back to your kind. Or don’t be a fucking douche nozzle.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:02 PM 02-01-2018
Both of you shut the fuck up. Good lawd.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:14 PM 02-01-2018
Done.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:21 AM 04-20-2018
This season was pretty good. Sick of his annoying brother though. I like the gang stuff- ties in with Breaking Bad.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:23 AM 04-20-2018
When is this coming back?
[Reply]
lcarus 10:53 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
When is this coming back?
Supposedly it's in production now and will air in the fall.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:14 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Supposedly it's in production now and will air in the fall.
2028:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 11:27 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
2028:-)
Don't get too optimistic.
[Reply]
Otter 09:09 PM 06-10-2018
Start binge watching on Netflix to catch up...

"Better Call Saul" is set to return in August.

"Better Call Saul" has officially been given a release date for its pending fourth season. AMC has now announced that the show will be returning on August 6, 2018 with the first episode picking back on at 9 PM EST while UK viewers can expect to catch each new episode the following morning.

In the new synopsis, AMC confirms that Chuck does indeed die, writing that “Chuck’s death catalyzes Jimmy McGill’s transformation into Saul Goodman.

"In the wake of his loss, Jimmy takes steps into the criminal world that will put his future as a lawyer — and his relationship with Kim — in jeopardy.

"Chuck’s death deeply affects former colleagues Howard (Patrick Fabian) and Kim as well, putting the two of them once again on opposite sides of a battle sparked by the Brothers McGill.”

Season 4 will be built out into 10 episodes, taking us one step closer to that Breaking Bad merger as Mike Ehrmantraut takes on “a more active role as Madrigal Electromotive’s newest (and most thorough) security consultant.”

The network adds: "It’s a volatile time to be in Gus Fring’s employ, as Hector’s collapse sends shock waves throughout the Albuquerque underworld and throws the cartel into chaos — tearing apart both Gus and Nacho’s well-laid plans. While Gus changes course, Nacho finds himself in the crosshairs of deadly forces.”
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:21 PM 06-10-2018
Why did they wait so long? It really dampens interest at least for me. Iirc they didn't even do ten episodes last time.

That's like The Last Kingdom, which I loved. It should have returned this May. Now it won't be out until Fall.
[Reply]
notorious 10:08 PM 06-10-2018
About mother-fucking time.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 172
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156 > Last »
Up