ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 172
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:36 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Well, a couple of us were right about the lantern/fire prediction.

Kim looks great, and she's 45. I took notice when she was in a tank top and pj's.
I'm about 95% sure she has had some plastic surgery done. She looks better than previous seasons, and it's very subtle. I'm not criticizing or pointing it out in judgment.
Everyone gets older, and there's nothing wrong with deciding to do something about it if you want to.

I actually didn't know she's 45. Good for her!
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:45 PM 06-23-2017
This season was fantastic, even though the final 2 episodes were a bit of a slower crawl, and not a cliffhanger to cap it.

What I really was surprised and liked was towards the beginning of the season and Mike's game of cat and mouse. Over the course of 2 or 3 episodes, they managed to fill about 40 minutes of him investigating will barely a word of dialogue. Yet it was interesting and entertaining - at least from my perspective.

This show is fantastic, and even more refined than BB. The writing is tighter, and the storyline more focused. It's not a knock on BB. The previous work on BB I'm sure was necessary to the tighter writing and a knowing where exactly they want to take the storyline.
[Reply]
notorious 07:21 PM 06-23-2017
It looks like Gus knows about Nacho BTW.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:24 PM 06-23-2017
It looks like Gus knows about Nacho BTW.
He knows everything mang
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:37 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
This season was fantastic, even though the final 2 episodes were a bit of a slower crawl, and not a cliffhanger to cap it.

What I really was surprised and liked was towards the beginning of the season and Mike's game of cat and mouse. Over the course of 2 or 3 episodes, they managed to fill about 40 minutes of him investigating will barely a word of dialogue. Yet it was interesting and entertaining - at least from my perspective.

This show is fantastic, and even more refined than BB. The writing is tighter, and the storyline more focused. It's not a knock on BB. The previous work on BB I'm sure was necessary to the tighter writing and a knowing where exactly they want to take the storyline.
No cliffhanger? What about Chuck setting fire to his place while he's in it? I enjoy the show, but it's slow...slower than molasses and I guess that's because they need to drag it out to make it a going concern. First episode of season 3, shows 'Cinnabon' Saul giving up a thief then yelling 'Dont say a ****ing word! Get a lawyer!' and then no advance of that story line the entire season.

Sure, the lines between Saul and BB are getting closer, but it remains to be seen when Jimmy becomes Saul the lawyer, even though he started using the name to sell his commercials.

After 3 seasons, there's been little progress and at this point, I'm almost ready to give up and wait 5-6 years to watch it in a bit more quicker fashion. Watching 8-9 episodes every 12 months has become a bit tiresome.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:59 AM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
No cliffhanger? What about Chuck setting fire to his place while he's in it? I enjoy the show, but it's slow...slower than molasses and I guess that's because they need to drag it out to make it a going concern. First episode of season 3, shows 'Cinnabon' Saul giving up a thief then yelling 'Dont say a ****ing word! Get a lawyer!' and then no advance of that story line the entire season.

Sure, the lines between Saul and BB are getting closer, but it remains to be seen when Jimmy becomes Saul the lawyer, even though he started using the name to sell his commercials.

After 3 seasons, there's been little progress and at this point, I'm almost ready to give up and wait 5-6 years to watch it in a bit more quicker fashion. Watching 8-9 episodes every 12 months has become a bit tiresome.
Chuck's demise didn't surprise me, or his method. They've signaled it all season & alluded to it previously in past seasons.

I'm not knocking the show. There's way too much good to quibble about how the season ended.

If anything, that's on AMC for not making the season more episodes.
[Reply]
notorious 04:41 PM 06-24-2017
AMC has a hard-on for making 12 episode seasons with a delay after the 6th episode.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:44 PM 06-24-2017
AMC has a hard-on for making 12 episode seasons with a delay after the 6th episode.
Did you just assume AMC's gender?!?!
[Reply]
frankotank 12:05 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Is it just me, or do you feel the kicking of the table was too drawn out? I fail to see the purpose. Maybe if Chuck's condition had created ticks and spasms before (it always seemed to paralyze him), could I see the purpose behind the drawn out scene, but it felt like it was filler and served no other true purpose.

Bash away.
maybe the writers meant for some to pick up on this....OR....maybe I'm overthinking it...
I thought the first few kicks were him throwing a tantrum...then he notices the lantern is moving...then something clicks and he says **** it...now the kicks are no longer a tantrum....they have purpose...he has decided to end it...
[Reply]
Pennywise 06:33 PM 06-26-2017
And no episode tonight. Now Mondays suck again.

:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:55 AM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:

What a vile pig!
Disgusting that she's let herself go like that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:43 PM 06-27-2017
http://deadline.com/2017/06/better-c...an-1202120837/

Officially Renewed For Season 4
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:08 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
http://deadline.com/2017/06/better-c...an-1202120837/

Officially Renewed For Season 4
so much for the speculation that the delay was a multi-year deal
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:31 PM 06-27-2017
Excellent!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:05 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
so much for the speculation that the delay was a multi-year deal
I'm not sure where that rumor originated but renewing BCS for Season 4 was a difficult decision for AMC because ratings slipped this year.

If it's flat or slips in Season 4, I think they call it a wrap.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 172
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 > Last »
Up