ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>With Hill's likely return, let's return to the subject.
Direckshun 10:25 AM 10-01-2019
Here's what I said before, assuming the Chiefs still have the #1 offense without Hill.

Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Do you entertain the notion that we could trade him?

If our offense is the best in the league, and it may not be considering what’s going on in New England, but isn’t this a conversation worth having?

Imagine what he could net you in a trade.

A 1st plus additional picks.

Patrick Peterson.

etc etc

I know Hill is popular, but if we’re already unstoppable, maybe he could make us better by netting us resources we need in other spots.
Well, egg is on my face.

Turns out the Chiefs don't have the #1 offense without Hill. They have the #2 offense. (Ravens have the #1 offense by an average of 8 yards/game.)

We're also tied with the Ravens for 1st in points/game with 33.8.

Do you entertain the notion of trading any WRs right now (or by trade deadline) for defensive help?
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 11:32 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I listened to Chris Simms talk about that game, he said for a team that played a ton of man like Detroit did. Where are the Chiefs just letting a WR win 1 on 1? You didn't see any of that, run the fly, do a curl, now do a fake curl and go.

Basically saying with a guy like Mahomes where is that element of it's 1 on 1 in man just take the shot.

It is a solid point.
Mahomes didn't have time to throw deep against the Lions.....there was pressure everywhere. He could barely even roll out of the pocket on most plays because Cam Erving and Schwartz were playing like crap!
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:32 AM 10-01-2019
That was a really complicated way of going about telling everyone on CP you didn't watch the game Sunday.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:33 AM 10-01-2019
We just signed Hill to a big contract so trading him would mean eating his signing bonus. Trading Hill would mean we would give Watkins a #1 wr contract this offseason. Not smart financially. Also, Watkins didn't look like a #1 against the Lions.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:34 AM 10-01-2019
I'd trade De'Anthony Thomas straight up for Jalen Ramsey.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That was a really complicated way of going about telling everyone on CP you didn't watch the game Sunday.
:-)
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:36 AM 10-01-2019
if Vontaze was legal (and the trade deadline didn't exist), I'd trade for him about 4 days before the Patriots game.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:37 AM 10-01-2019
I suddenly have an uncontrollable urge for a Deberg thread.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:37 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We just signed Hill to a big contract so trading him would mean eating his signing bonus. Trading Hill would mean we would give Watkins a #1 wr contract this offseason. Not smart financially. Also, Watkins didn't look like a #1 against the Lions.
Truth.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:48 AM 10-01-2019
We learned how valuable he is Sunday. Love Watkins but he's a decent WR1... not elite. Demarcus is a scramble drill WR, not a WR you can constantly trust as a WR2 to run perfect routes. Hardman is still a little raw. Tyreek is an elite #1, Watkins becomes an elite #2, Demarcus is one hell of a third option.

Now, if we're talking first round picks... Technically Hardman and speaks would be like giving up a high pick. I wouldn't mind parting with Hardman...
[Reply]
JakeF 11:54 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We learned how valuable he is Sunday. Love Watkins but he's a decent WR1... not elite. Demarcus is a scramble drill WR, not a WR you can constantly trust as a WR2 to run perfect routes. Hardman is still a little raw. Tyreek is an elite #1, Watkins becomes an elite #2, Demarcus is one hell of a third option.

Now, if we're talking first round picks... Technically Hardman and speaks would be like giving up a high pick. I wouldn't mind parting with Hardman...
Yea, Hill bumps all the other receivers down a level that takes our receiving group from good to elite. Hill helps Kelces a lot too by forcings a double and still stretching the field.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:55 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'd trade De'Anthony Thomas straight up for Jalen Ramsey.
Only if they throw in a punt returner.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:55 AM 10-01-2019
Hell no!
[Reply]
JakeF 11:57 AM 10-01-2019
DAT would already be gone if he wasn't Andy's little buddy.
[Reply]
Monkey God 12:03 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Ravens should have an asterisk next to their stats because they've played the Dolphins.
Well they also played the Chiefs defense too.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:06 PM 10-01-2019
No way. Hill is a generational talent. Plus, if I'm not mistaken we would have a huge dead cap money hit since we just re-signed him.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up