ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2322 of 3903
« First < 1322182222222272231223182319232023212322 232323242325232623322372242228223322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:04 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
The IHME model came out yesterday with projections through like October. They're expecting a "second wave" to hit in September.
Of course they are....
[Reply]
petegz28 06:09 PM 06-11-2020
Looks like we are up to 2 people who got the Covid from the Ozarks....
[Reply]
tk13 07:13 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Which is why the comsumer confidence arguement is retarded. Yeah..for a few weeks there would have been some apprehension but anyone that had been out in the real world lately if it's at a pool party at the Ozarks, riots on the streets or going to a liquor store the amount of ****s given is minimal. Personally our gym memberhaips are up over 30% between closing at the end of March and now.
Consumer spending was down 13% in April, by far a record. The previous record was 6.9%, which happened in March.

And this was with an overall income increase due to the stimulus.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:24 PM 06-11-2020
I think the paradigm is shifting from a couple thousands deaths a day being the focus to now a focus on cases. At this point we are not seeing a spike in deaths. Maybe that is yet to come but we also understand the virus more, have better methods of treating it, etc.

So if the paradigm has switched from tons of cases AND tons of deaths to tons of cases but not nearly as many deaths then we move forward in confidence that if you do get this we are able to treat it much better than a few months ago.
[Reply]
Pants 07:33 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think the paradigm is shifting from a couple thousands deaths a day being the focus to now a focus on cases. At this point we are not seeing a spike in deaths. Maybe that is yet to come but we also understand the virus more, have better methods of treating it, etc.

So if the paradigm has switched from tons of cases AND tons of deaths to tons of cases but not nearly as many deaths then we move forward in confidence that if you do get this we are able to treat it much better than a few months ago.
Treat it with what?
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:34 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Consumer spending was down 13% in April, by far a record. The previous record was 6.9%, which happened in March.

I read something today about everything that is set to expire in August, like all the renters, house mortgages, loans etc... Probably why all these states are saying fuck it let's open because the Senate has shown no willingness to extend any of it. There is going to be a blood bath coming in August if people aren't back to work by then, heck it might still happen.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:35 PM 06-11-2020
Bleeding Red and other Houstonians are likely not going to be happy about this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...er/ar-BB15mmie

Houston-area officials are “getting close” to reimposing stay-at-home orders and are prepared to reopen a Covid-19 hospital established but never used at a football stadium as virus cases expand in the fourth-largest U.S. city.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:35 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Treat it with what?
Remdezivisiwoosi and what not. If your argument is we are no better off now than we were when NY blew up I am gonna have to go ahead and disagree.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:38 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Bleeding Red and other Houstonians are likely not going to be happy about this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...er/ar-BB15mmie

Houston-area officials are “getting close” to reimposing stay-at-home orders and are prepared to reopen a Covid-19 hospital established but never used at a football stadium as virus cases expand in the fourth-largest U.S. city.
I don't know about Houston specifically but Texas in general does not look that bad. Their number of infections is still way below the projections and hospital bed use looks rather normal as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:39 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:

Where were they going to spend it? Why would they spend it if they think they are on borrowed time either for a job or for the Covid unemployment?
[Reply]
O.city 07:44 PM 06-11-2020
Remdezivisiwoosi and what not. If your argument is we are no better off now than we were when NY blew up I am gonna have to go ahead and disagree.
There’s only a select few hospitals getting remdisivir iirc. We definitely know how to deal with it better now though for sure

There’s also a damming report in the wsj about what happened in New York. It was gross negligence
[Reply]
Pants 07:46 PM 06-11-2020
I think NY is better now because people have been smarter about social distancing, masks, etc. The March/April death-wave was from cases spreading like wildfire from pre-symptomatic folks as well as people who were sick but didn't know it was SARS2 at the time.

I would be so happy if Remdesivir is actually working, I just haven't seen anything concrete.
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 PM 06-11-2020
https://twitter.com/noahcrothman/sta...866665984?s=21

This is why New York was so bad
[Reply]
petegz28 07:47 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I think NY is better now because people have been smarter about social distancing, masks, etc. The March/April death-wave was from cases spreading like wildfire from pre-symptomatic folks as well as people who were sick but didn't know it was SARS2 at the time.

I would be so happy if Remdesivir is actually working, I just haven't seen anything concrete.
I am just stating in general they understand the virus better than they did 3 months ago which I think puts us in a better position to treat it. I am not saying we have a cure or a solid treatment just that we are better off now than were were 3 months ago when we were clueless.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:48 PM 06-11-2020
I found it funny that I think the 2nd case from the Ozarks is making national headlines but nothing is being said about anything from all these "protests". And if you're going to tell me those protests were "virus free" then you can kiss my ass.
[Reply]
Page 2322 of 3903
« First < 1322182222222272231223182319232023212322 232323242325232623322372242228223322 > Last »
Up