ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 258 of 301
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:27 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Why are you so caught up on the 100-loss mark? I would have placed you in the “if you’re going to lose, lose as much as possible” crowd.
Perhaps because they didn't actively try to lose 100+. They lost despite trying to be more competitive.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:51 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Perhaps because they didn't actively try to lose 100+. They lost despite trying to be more competitive.

What they said and what they did were entirely different things.

Don’t take public statements from a GM about competing at face value. Especially this one.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:08 PM 10-01-2019
Why are you so caught up on the 100-loss mark? I would have placed you in the “if you’re going to lose, lose as much as possible” crowd.

I think professionalism matters. I think trying matters (I’m afreiad they did try which another poster thinks too). I think losing gets ingrained into any organization. I think fans pay hard earned $$$ to see you play. I don’t belive historically there’s any diff between #3 and #6 in the draft.

I’m surprised you don’t agree more with any of that.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:17 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Cleveland was 18-1 against Detroit. Only reason they weren't a below average team this year.
We actually had a losing record vs Detroit.

Read that’s sentence again. Then again.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:54 PM 10-02-2019
Unless something drastic happens, it’s going to be Matheny.

And my willingness to defend Moore is over. Matheny is the antithesis of the manager you need to develop young players.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:57 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I think professionalism matters. I think trying matters (I’m afreiad they did try which another poster thinks too). I think losing gets ingrained into any organization. I think fans pay hard earned $$$ to see you play. I don’t belive historically there’s any diff between #3 and #6 in the draft.

I’m surprised you don’t agree more with any of that.

Those are all real points. Guess we’re surprising each other on this way.

I can agree with an .org going either way on this topic. Both have logic and make sense.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:23 PM 10-02-2019
Unless something drastic happens, it’s going to be Matheny.

And my willingness to defend Moore is over. Matheny is the antithesis of the manager you need to develop young players.
Do you.think Sherman may get involved.in that hire? Sounds like he is somewhat hands on and understands baseball.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:57 PM 10-02-2019
How do the As always stay competitive yet the Royals flounder? Seems like it never takes the As long to reload.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:11 PM 10-02-2019
Those are all real points. Guess we’re surprising each other on this way.

I can agree with an .org going either way on this topic. Both have logic and make sense.
I’m just astounded by the garbage DM has brought in the past couple years. Blaine Boyer and Chris Owings are the 2 worst players I’ve ever seen and I’ve watched us 35 years. Duda, Hamilton, Boxberger, etc n and on. Your bench should be 0 war, ours was -10 and that’s why we lost 103 instead of 93. It’s incompetent beyond belief.

Tampa CUT payroll this year from 69m to 53m. (We paid Gordon-Kennedy-Duffy 51.8!). Think about that for a moment. They also had the 4th most players got the DL this year at 24, yet no excuses.

Got Avisail Garcia 1/3.5m. Picked up D’Arnaud off the waiver wire and he’s hitting cleanup tonite. The Archer deal. Top farm system. I could go on for an hour.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:16 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How do the As always stay competitive yet the Royals flounder? Seems like it never takes the As long to reload.
The A’s always fall apart in the postseason just like the Twins and Indians. They are not the standard I’d like to follow.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:25 PM 10-02-2019
Blowfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Give me the reasons I should HATE the A's again. A little history lesson!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Jerok 08:32 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The A's are the mediocre playoff team every couple years. They're the Alex Smith led team of the MLB.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:34 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
The A’s always fall apart in the postseason just like the Twins and Indians. They are not the standard I’d like to follow.
True. But they certainly know how to stay competitive and rebuild.
[Reply]
Coach 09:39 PM 10-02-2019
If there is a model that the Royals should follow, I would rather go the Tampa route instead of Oakland.

At least Tampa has been more consistent in the more tougher AL East than the A's in the AL West.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:41 PM 10-02-2019
The A’s suck. Sneak into the WC round and bow out like chumps every time. Fuck them.
[Reply]
Page 258 of 301
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268 > Last »
Up